Week 0- Rebels @ Toppers

FTBMAN

Trent and the other backer 54 were the hardest hitting players I saw on the field last year. Now having said that, I thought SHHS was soft as a team. But that is like strength, it can be improved with a committment to do it in practice. I just don't see SHHS beating South, though I hope the Toppers will. If they do beat South, I think that would be a season changing win.

Oh it would most definitely be a season changing win. Providing they beat South, E-Town, and West (Two of those are good bets), then they would go into a showdown in Bristol that would sure be entertaining. TN high beat them on the last play from scrimmage last year, and SH feels as though that was a fluke.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it would most definitely be a season changing win. Providing they beat South, E-Town, and West (Two of those are good bets), then they would go into a showdown in Bristol that would sure be entertaining. TN high beat them on the last play from scrimmage last year, and SH feels as though that was a fluke.

I'm sure they do. Maybe they need to try to take advantage of playing deep in Viking territory. The last play of that game was the beginning of the Hill's downfall last season after what appeared to be an impressive 3-1 start.

Do you know the amount of starters returning to the Science Hill squad this year?

I'm sure they do. Maybe they need to try to take advantage of playing deep in Viking territory. The last play of that game was the beginning of the Hill's downfall last season after what appeared to be an impressive 3-1 start.

Do you know the amount of starters returning to the Science Hill squad this year?

They lost exactly 22 seniors and their QB, HB, and whole offensive line. The defense lost a few seniors but had a deep rotation and should be fine.

I think Science Hill will be better overall this year than last. They've got most of their defence back that was pretty good last year. I wouldn't worry to much about losing all those Sr.'s off offence, they were not that good anyway. Hey and South will be without the 1 man team for the first time in 3 years. As of right now I'd call it a toss up.

I got south beating the hill 21-17. it will be an awsome game. but souths passing game looks very strong. not so sure about its run game, the hill just lost to many seniors

I'm thiking a South win 21-14, I'm not worried about the running game and we havent got to see it yet to its fullest during these 7 on 7's. Fletcher looked really good catching out of the backfield though.

• 2 weeks later...

IMOP SS is the kind of coach that is extremely vengeful. It is my view that winning is not good enough for him but instead he must embarass his foe and leave no dignity. I look for him to run the spread in identical fashion to the way South did...especially with the QB sweeps and the backside screens. Hide and watch for he will come out with his own version (at least in his mind) of the Curt Phillips Show. He moved IK to QB...why? To run the ball. He does not have the ability to dig in and fight trench warfare but instead thrives on drama and flash tan queen tactics. He abhors the working mans offense but instead will do whatever will put him in the news. The only thing that will surprise me from this guy is if he comes out with a 3 man backfield and tries to Stubb it.

IMOP SS is the kind of coach that is extremely vengeful. It is my view that winning is not good enough for him but instead he must embarass his foe and leave no dignity. I look for him to run the spread in identical fashion to the way South did...especially with the QB sweeps and the backside screens. Hide and watch for he will come out with his own version (at least in his mind) of the Curt Phillips Show. He moved IK to QB...why? To run the ball. He does not have the ability to dig in and fight trench warfare but instead thrives on drama and flash tan queen tactics. He abhors the working mans offense but instead will do whatever will put him in the news. The only thing that will surprise me from this guy is if he comes out with a 3 man backfield and tries to Stubb it.

A little dramatic Comp, but pretty much in the ballpark. The spread was about the spread last year. But the spread this year is to free Mr. QB to run . They didn't have that option last year. QB last year seem very heavy footed.

Trent and the other backer 54 were the hardest hitting players I saw on the field last year. Now having said that, I thought SHHS was soft as a team. But that is like strength, it can be improved with a committment to do it in practice. I just don't see SHHS beating South, though I hope the Toppers will. If they do beat South, I think that would be a season changing win.

There was no 54 backer last year only 45 and 51 and they are both back for this year. The toppers won't be weak or poorly conditioned this season.

There was no 54 backer last year only 45 and 51 and they are both back for this year. The toppers won't be weak or poorly conditioned this season.

Thank you for the correction and they were very good inspite of my number error, but I stand by rest of my statement for last year. Good luck to the Toppers.

I just realized the game is the 22nd. Week 0 is always on Thursday. Kingsport and Bristol understand this. What is JC's issue. I understand they did not want the game on Thursday. Any you 'Toppers can explain why? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />