Week 0- Rebels @ Toppers

FTBMAN

I think this is the best game in the area on Friday night. I plan on DB vs. TN High Thursday and this one on Friday. I think Science Hill has this game pegged as a must win. I said on page one of this thread I thought the game was too close to call. Now I think South wins it by 10. I do like that Science Hill is keeping it quite this year on the talking front. Last year there was talk about them contending for the title. IMO they were loaded last year. Conditioning and execution killed them. SH has less talent this year, but I am certain the conditioning and executing has improved. If not, look for a long season for them. On the other hand, South has gained confidence as of late and is doing everything right. I will be there pulling for South to win. SH did way too much undeserved talking last year and showed nada even with a talented team. Go Rebs!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the best game in the area on Friday night. I plan on DB vs. TN High Thursday and this one on Friday. I think Science Hill has this game pegged as a must win. I said on page one of this thread I thought the game was too close to call. Now I think South wins it by 10. I do like that Science Hill is keeping it quite this year on the talking front. Last year there was talk about them contending for the title. IMO they were loaded last year. Conditioning and execution killed them. SH has less talent this year, but I am certain the conditioning and executing has improved. If not, look for a long season for them. On the other hand, South has gained confidence as of late and is doing everything right. I will be there pulling for South to win. SH did way too much undeserved talking last year and showed nada even with a talented team. Go Rebs!

Yes, I feel they were loaded last year also. With the talent they had they should have killed South and THS. There are a couple of parents from that team that I feel deeply for. Their athlete sons were the most celebrated athletes on the field. And their talents were squandered. Thomas Hill spl. for example. And the smack talking...well these parents knew what the potential was. They knew it was their year. So I don't think the bragging was anything different than South, DB, or THS does on a regular basis. Granted...we back it up. But I thought they would back it up also. Those posters have not been back. It is so unfortunate. GC would not allow an athlete like AA to leave his TeePee for another camp. Neither would Stacy. I don't care how large a problem child he is. That is coaching. It begins far removed from the field and is the most important part. It will take a religious effort to rebound from the blounder that was the '07 SHHS season. Trickery won't fix their problem. It will take a man to build men. Hopefully they will have a wonderful season...we will see. I wish them luck...well except for week 0.

I have a kid in the program and IMO in order for the Toppers to become a winning football program it's going to take a commitment from the players and coaches and everybody involved. The attitude of SHHS is we are just playing football until basketball or baseball or some other sport comes around has got to go. As I say in my signature you have got to love the game in general in order to make a winning program. I love the game and I tell my boys to apply hard work and dedication to the way they work out and the way they practice and play. But I just don't feel that at SHHS about the football program. I'll say SH -28 SS -20

I have a kid in the program and IMO in order for the Toppers to become a winning football program it's going to take a commitment from the players and coaches and everybody involved. The attitude of SHHS is we are just playing football until basketball or baseball or some other sport comes around has got to go. As I say in my signature you have got to love the game in general in order to make a winning program. I love the game and I tell my boys to apply hard work and dedication to the way they work out and the way they practice and play. But I just don't feel that at SHHS about the football program. I'll say SH -28 SS -20

Great Post! It would probably be helpful if our coach would stop giving the media the idea that the team is a one or two man show!! No wonder the kids are having so much trouble becomming a team.

IMO Coach Bosken is the only coach having any impact on the team. In his short time there it is very apparent that he is a true coach in every sense of the word and has the most natural coaching ability. He will carry all the other coaches this year, as he is a superior coach. I look forward to watching him at all the games to see the outstanding impact he has with the team. He is spectacular to watch.

How ya like that ss ??

Great Post! It would probably be helpful if our coach would stop giving the media the idea that the team is a one or two man show!! No wonder the kids are having so much trouble becomming a team.

IMO Coach Bosken is the only coach having any impact on the team. In his short time there it is very apparent that he is a true coach in every sense of the word and has the most natural coaching ability. He will carry all the other coaches this year, as he is a superior coach. I look forward to watching him at all the games to see the outstanding impact he has with the team. He is spectacular to watch.

How ya like that ss ??

Well i'm glad that there is some coaching at the Hill that can light a fire under the players. With the speed and size coach smith has coming from the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade we should be in good shape if they stay in the program.

How ya like that ss ??

I think Coach Overbay has proven that he knows how to coach. The defense was very good last year even when having to stay on the field way to much. NOt giving him credit for that is inaccurate.

I think Coach Overbay has proven that he knows how to coach. The defense was very good last year even when having to stay on the field way to much. NOt giving him credit for that is inaccurate.

Ok........try to keep up with the posts........Of course it's inaccurate. That's the point!!

Well i'm glad that there is some coaching at the Hill that can light a fire under the players. With the speed and size coach smith has coming from the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade we should be in good shape if they stay in the program.

Great!! I hear the flag team this year is stacked!! We should win state if they stay with the program.

As long as the Toppers are not shell shocked like last year and come out and execute in their home opener this year, this game should be played close late into the 4th quarter. Otherwise, don't expect a different result. I hate to see 5A teams lose to 4A teams, but I don't see the Hill turning the corner just yet. I'm going with Sullivan South in this one.

As long as the Toppers are not shell shocked like last year and come out and execute in their home opener this year, this game should be played close late into the 4th quarter. Otherwise, don't expect a different result. I hate to see 5A teams lose to 4A teams, but I don't see the Hill turning the corner just yet. I'm going with Sullivan South in this one.

I’m going to have to go with The Hill in this one simply because I don’t believe the Rebels of South are as good as they think they are and their arrogant demeanor is going to get the best of them and their fans early in the season. South is basically the same team as last year running the same offensive scheme without Curt Phillips…you do the math!!!