Jefferson County Football 2008

DZbettin

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zach only had a few months to learn the option, do you think it was because the players never fully picked up the offense or what?

The veer is not a complicated offense, which is one of the advantages that attract coaches to it. Its a reactively simple offense, but when its executed correctly it is very difficult to defend. The fact that JC was switching from the I-formation should have only helped the process because many of the same reads and keys are the same, we ran plenty of option prior to switching to veer from the I-formation.

Thanks for the competition Jeff Countians. You were graceous hosts. Your town is clean and amiable.

It looked like you were struggling with the offensive schemes you were attempting to run. Did you just change offenses? The Vier is simple however it requires a QB with some knowledge. In my view the QB makes or breaks it's execution. You seem to have the speed to run that O. I'm not sure what you ran in the past. Is McFall a 3 year starter? When your bench came in I watched #16 with awe. He is a true drop back QB. He had a very quick release and saw the field. What do I know about your team but I was thinking that he needed to be the starting QB. Just my view.

Our QB was reported to have been ill last night and today before the scrimmage. That was evidenced by his inability to execute the passing game...which is our forte'. We need more work on the O even though the running game looked decent. I didn't get there until 6:30pm. Our D seemed to be hitting on all cylinders.

It would be nice to have your view of how it went Jeff peeps. Good luck with your season.

I resend what I said about opening up the offense with the passing game, I`ll settle for lining up correctly, not false starting on the snap count, catching WIDE OPEN passes, and not having guys with their hands on their hips DURING the first defensive series. I`ll settle for that, then hopefully things like tackling and having the o-line actually block will happen.

I realize it was the first scrimmage of the season, but geez. We'll have to improve by miles in order to come close to what the team did last year.

Same here. You guys are a class act. Played clean no BSing after the plays. McFall is a 4yr starter but this is his 1st at QB. Yea we looked pretty flat. Busted plays, no spark off the line. Thats about usual for us though. Your D looked really good. For a sick QB he scrambled very well.

I resend what I said about opening up the offense with the passing game, I`ll settle for lining up correctly, not false starting on the snap count, catching WIDE OPEN passes, and not having guys with their hands on their hips DURING the first defensive series. I`ll settle for that, then hopefully things like tackling and having the o-line actually block will happen.

I realize it was the first scrimmage of the season, but geez. We'll have to improve by miles in order to come close to what the team did last year.

We weren't much better this time last year so maybe things will turn around. Yea the line needs to learn how to block. Heard they elected Capts today. Any idea who?

Thanks for the competition Jeff Countians. You were graceous hosts. Your town is clean and amiable.

It looked like you were struggling with the offensive schemes you were attempting to run. Did you just change offenses? The Vier is simple however it requires a QB with some knowledge. In my view the QB makes or breaks it's execution. You seem to have the speed to run that O. I'm not sure what you ran in the past. Is McFall a 3 year starter? When your bench came in I watched #16 with awe. He is a true drop back QB. He had a very quick release and saw the field. What do I know about your team but I was thinking that he needed to be the starting QB. Just my view.

Our QB was reported to have been ill last night and today before the scrimmage. That was evidenced by his inability to execute the passing game...which is our forte'. We need more work on the O even though the running game looked decent. I didn't get there until 6:30pm. Our D seemed to be hitting on all cylinders.

It would be nice to have your view of how it went Jeff peeps. Good luck with your season.

No, despite what it looked like today the veer has been a staple at Jeff County for a looooooooong time. This is the 2nd year we've run it with this current team, but all of the offensive coaches have extensive experience with the veer. McFall is a 3 year starter, but at tailback not QB, although I will say that to me the offense didn't struggle because of the QB, neither the line or the receivers stepped up and basically left all the QB's out to dry. Not sure who #16 is, but you are right he looks like very good passer.

South certainly looks like you are going to have another good year. Your front 7 was a terror especially on the line. #72 looked like a man among boys, and if you're QB was sick he certainly didn't look like it running the offense today.

No, despite what it looked like today the veer has been a staple at Jeff County for a looooooooong time. This is the 2nd year we've run it with this current team, but all of the offensive coaches have extensive experience with the veer. McFall is a 3 year starter, but at tailback not QB, although I will say that to me the offense didn't struggle because of the QB, neither the line or the receivers stepped up and basically left all the QB's out to dry. Not sure who #16 is, but you are right he looks like very good passer.

South certainly looks like you are going to have another good year. Your front 7 was a terror especially on the line. #72 looked like a man among boys, and if you're QB was sick he certainly didn't look like it running the offense today.

16 is Trevor Denton.

Trevor Denton will never take a meaningful snap in his career.

Never say never. And he did look pretty good at QB- passing. But then again the coaches didn't call that many passing plays on 1st Offense. Denton has gone to a few football camps this summer including the Peyton Manning Camp in LA. Just remember ever dog has its day.