sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

On a side note. Read in the Buzz today where Former Sequoyah fullback Jerome Felton signed a 3 year contract with the Detroit Lions. We are all proud of you Jerome. Looking forward to watching him play on Sunday's.

It was good to see him come out to the field last week during

the "conditioning"

Tommy ask him if he had gotten his sign-on bonus yet and he just Laughed. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received the 1955 and 1958 schedules and results from Vonore High School. Still looking for all the other years. Anybody got anything on Madisonville yet? Don't know how to get in touch with Mr. Griffith. If someone does, either get in touch with him or let me know how to get in touch with him. Thanks.

Kevin Kiser

It was brought to my attention that the helmet on the database was an old one. Thanks to AuroraSports (I think thats right) for sending me a picture of the new helmet design. I have submitted it and I'm sure he will get it on there within a few days. He does good about getting things on there pretty quickly, but it is just the one person working on it, so sometimes I think he gets overwhelmed with all the information he gets. So, give him some time and then go check it out, it looks cool on that red helmet!

It was brought to my attention that the helmet on the database was an old one. Thanks to AuroraSports (I think thats right) for sending me a picture of the new helmet design. I have submitted it and I'm sure he will get it on there within a few days. He does good about getting things on there pretty quickly, but it is just the one person working on it, so sometimes I think he gets overwhelmed with all the information he gets. So, give him some time and then go check it out, it looks cool on that red helmet!

The chief may be a little difficult to discern, but here's a rough image of the 2008 Sequoyah helmet:

And here are all of the AAA helmets:

Division I-AAA Helmets

I have been reading these posts for quite a long time now, and I finally decided to put my two cents in. I had the opportunity to coach with Coach Satterfield for three years as one of his assistant coaches. I truly believe that if those of you who are true fans will allow him to install his patented discipline and football knowledge of these young men than you will be more than excited with the outcome. He is a man of character that will make these young men not only better football players, but even more important he will make them better men. I have also had the opportunity to coach at the college were Coach Conner played, the chiefs are getting a great upcoming young coach. Like Coach Conner, I too had the privilege of having Coach S as my first head coach, and I now that Coach Conner will learn much from him. On a side note, I had the fortune to play at Loudon High School when we stunk, and then when we got Coach Tim Daniels, and with his leadership we were able to put out some great teams. The firs thing that he had to do was change the attitude of everyone involved- asst. coaches, players, school, and communiity. The funny thing was, it was the community that took the longest, funny that it takes the adults longer than the kids. Remember to focus on the positive, winning just like losing is contagious. Sorry for the long post. Good Luck this season- Except against Loudon. j/k

I have been reading these posts for quite a long time now, and I finally decided to put my two cents in. I had the opportunity to coach with Coach Satterfield for three years as one of his assistant coaches. I truly believe that if those of you who are true fans will allow him to install his patented discipline and football knowledge of these young men than you will be more than excited with the outcome. He is a man of character that will make these young men not only better football players, but even more important he will make them better men. I have also had the opportunity to coach at the college were Coach Conner played, the chiefs are getting a great upcoming young coach. Like Coach Conner, I too had the privilege of having Coach S as my first head coach, and I now that Coach Conner will learn much from him. On a side note, I had the fortune to play at Loudon High School when we stunk, and then when we got Coach Tim Daniels, and with his leadership we were able to put out some great teams. The firs thing that he had to do was change the attitude of everyone involved- asst. coaches, players, school, and communiity. The funny thing was, it was the community that took the longest, funny that it takes the adults longer than the kids. Remember to focus on the positive, winning just like losing is contagious. Sorry for the long post. Good Luck this season- Except against Loudon. j/k

i would like to thank you for your comments and i also no that if everyone gives him the time he needs and the patientence he will do all you said he would do

GO CHIEFS

ROBBIE MCKEE

Two-a-days start Monday. Does anyone know the practice times? Heard we picked up another coach. Haven't heard a name yet, just heard we have another coach. On another note, also heard coach Baird had left. Anyone know anything on this matter?

Don't know if it's true? but I also heard that coach Baird was leaving. The reason I heard was that he was planning on having 3 teams. Freshman, JV, and Varsity. He had 3 asst coaches lined up to help him. After the school Board passed the new policy on parent volunteer coaches it knocked out these guys from being asst. coaches. Since the school Board won't pay for asst. coaches it leaves coach Baird without any help. If you don't do freshman & JV's then you can't build a program but at the same time coach Baird can't coach all 3 teams without help. Its' kind of a no win type of deal. I don't really know coach Baird but i have heard he was doing a good job.

He was doing a good job. Sorry he didn't stay longer. Good luck coach Baird.

Two-a-days start Monday. Does anyone know the practice times? Heard we picked up another coach. Haven't heard a name yet, just heard we have another coach. On another note, also heard coach Baird had left. Anyone know anything on this matter?

Anybody know the practice schedules yet? What are the times this week? Especially for morning workouts. We are in bible school this week, so the morning would be the only time I could go.

He was doing a good job. Sorry he didn't stay longer. Good luck coach Baird.

Anybody know the practice schedules yet? What are the times this week? Especially for morning workouts. We are in bible school this week, so the morning would be the only time I could go.

9:00am mornings

5:00pm evenings

Wed Morning only Pictures @ 4:00pm