Knox Fulton Falcons

Falcons2010

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic has been started before. Seems no one wants to talk about it. I wonder why?

Antawn Hammilton on one side, and Styles on the other make a nice set of "bookend" DEs. Styles reminds me of Orlando Blair a few years back. WR/DE type. Don't know why it's not being talked about. Maybe it's not true? Maybe it is? A lot of "movement" rumors this year. Some OR kids to AE & Clinton? Stinson to Alcoa? The Styles one? Out of state kids coming in as well? Stanton better step up his recruiting. Graham coming on strong, Rankin doing his thing, but Coatney is still the best recruiter in the area.

This is not a Coatney recruit this a Jody Wright recruit Styles didn't play bball at Central but I bet he does at Fulton Jody needs some size to go with Steele and Gallman.I'm sure Stiles has had a change of address or some other legit reason for this transfer.The TSSAA is a absolute joke when it comes to this kind of crap.But I bet Central doesn't push it because they used to be poster child for this stuff.

qbsdad,

I have been told there are loop holes every where for a player to transfer to another school, its just a matter of finding them. You say T$$AA is a joke, what about the local administrators and coaches for doing this or allowing this to happen. This goes way back. Not just Fulton and Central, but AE, Powell and yes even Halls. Now, I'm a Red Devil through and through, but I know for a fact they had players playing for us that didn't live in our zone. Helton and Duncan fought over playrs for years, now its Coatney and Helton. Look at who is the only name mentioned in both cases - Helton. Even a college coach got involved with it one time. UT's defensive coach, Chavis bought a house in Central zone so he son could leave powell and play at Central. Never moved but had two addresses. The biggest cheat probably Knox Co history was Larry Kerr at Halls and he continued it at AC until maybe 10 years ago.

qbsdad,

I have been told there are loop holes every where for a player to transfer to another school, its just a matter of finding them. You say T$$AA is a joke, what about the local administrators and coaches for doing this or allowing this to happen. This goes way back. Not just Fulton and Central, but AE, Powell and yes even Halls. Now, I'm a Red Devil through and through, but I know for a fact they had players playing for us that didn't live in our zone. Helton and Duncan fought over playrs for years, now its Coatney and Helton. Look at who is the only name mentioned in both cases - Helton. Even a college coach got involved with it one time. UT's defensive coach, Chavis bought a house in Central zone so he son could leave powell and play at Central. Never moved but had two addresses. The biggest cheat probably Knox Co history was Larry Kerr at Halls and he continued it at AC until maybe 10 years ago.

LSMFT.

On the money as usual. In addition to those, Burnette @ Mville was a Halls youth ball player that was zoned for AC I believe. Aaron Douglas was a Farragut kid who went to Webb, then to Mville. Brian Sommer was a Karns kid that went to Alcoa, as did Lanxter. Shiverdecker was a Jeff Co. as a Soph before going to Alcoa. Then you have the Catholic kids that were zoned for Bearden H. Smith, the Tait brothers, etc. Troutman at AE was at Fulton to start with, and so on and so on. I had not thought about the Jody Wright point. That is a good one and, makes sense.

ruse?

This is not a Coatney recruit this a Jody Wright recruit Styles didn't play bball at Central but I bet he does at Fulton Jody needs some size to go with Steele and Gallman.I'm sure Stiles has had a change of address or some other legit reason for this transfer.The TSSAA is a absolute joke when it comes to this kind of crap.But I bet Central doesn't push it because they used to be poster child for this stuff.

You are so stupid.

I don't really know if this is true.. I had visited the Falcons practice the other day and I didn't see Mr. Styles,Jr there. Also, I had talked with Buck for a few minutes and he didn't mention Mr. Styles,Jr. either. Now if Mr. Styles Jr, does attends Fulton, that will only add fire to the fuel that's steaming from the Central and Fulton saga they have going on.

I don't really know if this is true.. I have visited the Falcons practice the other day and I didn't see Mr. Styles there. Also, I had talked with Buck for a few minutes and he didn't mention Mr. Styles either. Now if Mr. Styles Jr, does attend Fulton, that will only add fire to the fuel that's steaming from the Central and Fulton saga they have going on.

I heard the same thing. I do know that if he had practice any days with Fulton without moving he will be ineligible. I doubt very seriously coach coatney would allow this. As far as AE remember Troutman sat out, summers didn't play and RB Jared Neal, Chi town, didn't play last year and Ae could have possiblygot him eligible (he was eligible for track). graham didn't push it because of what happened with troutman and illinois governing body is a lot different from the TSSAA. and it was just too many questions. The kid from Oak ridge mother moved to Knoxville where I think she had been working for a while. My neice attends her program. It was probably a gas thing for her to move back to Knoxville.

Watcher did I strike a nerve?And if this is the best post you have maybe I'm not the stupid one!!!!!

I don't know Coatney or Wright personally, but I don't know why two successful coaches would risk it for one player. I do have a close friend who has talked to Styles Sr. He said it had nothing to do with Fulton. Matter of fact, they had talked to other schools as well. This was all about Styles and Central. Sounds like you are a little upset with all the defeats you suffer and the success of others. I guess now you are going to say Tommy Pharr is a big recruiter... hey and throw in Blevins too,he is always getiing those great players.