HIGHLANDERS IN 08

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlanders came in 2nd last year and have most of their skill people back. Will we be playing for a chapionship again at the seasons end. New Field,QBs,Hosting Avery First Game,What'da ya Think?

Is Benny Hammonds still coaching at G-P? He's a very good coach and has built a solid program. Speed has been his biggest problem over the years with the Highlanders, and that lack of speed shows when they get into the playoffs. I think Benny has got as much out of the program as anyone could have.

You've got the wrong Highlanders. He's talking about Cloudland. I haven't been able to follow the program as good as I usually do. My new profession of changing diapers hinders that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But in my opinion, the Highlanders should be an overall better team than they were last year. The small line might be a problem against the bigger teams, but defensively they should be quicker and hit harder. Tipton, Clawson, and Sluder are veterans in the backfield. They will probably be under center more this year, so I look for big yards by Clawson and Tipton. I would love to see them beat Avery. They have an arrogant bunch of fans who think they will have no trouble with our team.

You've got the wrong Highlanders. He's talking about Cloudland. I haven't been able to follow the program as good as I usually do. My new profession of changing diapers hinders that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But in my opinion, the Highlanders should be an overall better team than they were last year. The small line might be a problem against the bigger teams, but defensively they should be quicker and hit harder. Tipton, Clawson, and Sluder are veterans in the backfield. They will probably be under center more this year, so I look for big yards by Clawson and Tipton. I would love to see them beat Avery. They have an arrogant bunch of fans who think they will have no trouble with our team.

Avery does have some pretty roudy fans, but there is alot of good people up that way too. the rivalry is good for both teams because it forces both to be ready to play there best, at the fist of the season. hope they schedule it two more years. Should be a good game, just hope we will be able to punt more that -5 yards. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> 5 more fridays and will be their. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Has anyone seen our new field? Is it going to be ready in time?

It still has some bare spots but I think it will be ready. Thought we looked ok in the 7 on 7 against J.C, Crockett, and Tri-C christian. I just hope the Line has been putting in the weight room time this summer cause we are still kinda small.(so we better be strong) I think this will be the most compettetive this conference has been in a while.Hampton is still the fav. Cosby will be mucho improved. never know what Grace will show up with. Unaka lost alot but have some athletes with speed. Jellico graduated everything so they will be hurting. This should be an interesting season. Does anyone know who we replaced Mitchell with on the schedule? I still haven't found out.

I watched the slaughter of Scott Vs. Gap scrimmage and I think Scott is lacking in the speed department. Scott was way head of Gapp in all deparments except maybe Linebacker. But the running back For Scott looked tremendous, and one WR can’t really remember too much about him other than the fact he can fly. They had a few linemen who looked pretty good, and one linebacker. I think if they can get a few more WR’s up to par and a few back up linemen they will have a good season. Good luck to Scott High

How many more Highlander teams are there in Tennessee? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We might as well wish them all the best of luck. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It still has some bare spots but I think it will be ready. Thought we looked ok in the 7 on 7 against J.C, Crockett, and Tri-C christian. I just hope the Line has been putting in the weight room time this summer cause we are still kinda small.(so we better be strong) I think this will be the most compettetive this conference has been in a while.Hampton is still the fav. Cosby will be mucho improved. never know what Grace will show up with. Unaka lost alot but have some athletes with speed. Jellico graduated everything so they will be hurting. This should be an interesting season. Does anyone know who we replaced Mitchell with on the schedule? I still haven't found out.

It is suppose to be a christian school from this area. I think thats what i heard.