Under-rated players

GCPioneer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzie Walker, Cheatham County She was in the stars shadow last year, but watch for her to break out this year. If Carr has any sense he will make her pg, she can make things happen on the floor. JMO

While this poster agrees with the Indian, last years under rated is supposedly this years star and isn't it too early to tell that or the underrated even after the summer season is over. This is hype at thies point and likely means nothing.

This wasn't intended to be a bad thread. It's moreless giving recognition to the players that don't get the recognition they deserve due to the "star" on the team. I don't see how it'll hurt someone's feelings. If it does, I did not mean for it to be intended in that way.

I got one from Gibson Co., that being Brittney Garner. She can flat out shoot the ball and is the best defensive player on the team. If I heard correctly she's wanting to go to Belmont for either basketball or softball, I forget.

Actually,

This is a deadly topic. All it is going to do is name names and hurt feelings. Everybody in their own region knows who deserves more credit and who is over hyped. I don't think that we need to air our personal gripes on this thread.

I agree.. someone could get their feelings hurt... so what needs to be done is to just name names... not that one is better than the other... there are lots of athletes that get pushed to the back burner... but with Gibson County girls... all they care about is winning... it's not who gets the most recognition... it's just coming out on top...this year i don't know of any of the girls on GC that care whether they do all the scoring ... they just want to win as a team.... and that is what makes a GREAT team... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This wasn't intended to be a bad thread. It's moreless giving recognition to the players that don't get the recognition they deserve due to the "star" on the team. I don't see how it'll hurt someone's feelings. If it does, I did not mean for it to be intended in that way.

I got one from Gibson Co., that being Brittney Garner. She can flat out shoot the ball and is the best defensive player on the team. If I heard correctly she's wanting to go to Belmont for either basketball or softball, I forget.

I just wanted to but in here if I may, Don't want to offend no one. I know what you are trying to say. {from experience}I watch a lot of ball especially 7a & aa girls. I have a interest in it due to alot of my friends kids play in this area not just one school.

I had the chance this last ball season meeting several good players and their families that work as hard if not harder than what you call the outstanding players. The reason they have to work at it harder is some are born with natural talent and some have hidden talent. They have to work harder for it to show. Jc for example {i feel they will agree with this} they had your star players but if it wasn't for the bench and them working as a team combining all talents they would have never went as far as they did! It is natural and easier for a coach to favor or seem to favor a naturally talented player than one that needs work.{thats what an assistant coach is for} I agree that there is a -1 talent being overlooked or not giving the attention they need. That is the fan's responsiblity also, due it respectfully, but when they hit the floor to play let them know how you feel about them. Make some noise.

I went up to a girl that JC played against and beat and told her she was a good player and did a good job out there. You would have thought I smacked her in the face, she stood thier for a minute and then laughed and said thanks. Just because you lost the game doesn't mean you didn't play well just circumstance of coaching,plays, team not on the same page. Ball games are won by teams not single players and that is what I told her. The kid's mother came up to me later and thanked me for cheering up her kid. Try it sometime won't kill ya and why not? That's how I think ya let the underated kids know how they did. JMHO....My explanation to these kid's is that it is like a motor some have more important parts but it won't run {let's say a coil,power pac...} unless all the parts are there and each kid on the team is a part of that motor..I have had to have this speech for the last four years I think it finally got thru... She has continued to work hard and gave herself a tuneup. Now she is going to be a part of a different motor!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> All players need encouragement to do the best of thier ability. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....Sorry to ramble but I do know how you feel, but we as fan's can change this...jmo

senatorPosted Jul 22 2008 - 06:17 PM MCKENSIE SELLS FROM LA WILL BE A SOPH AND SHE WAS GOOD AMONG A GROUP OF GREAT ATHLETES AS A FRESHMAN WATCH HER GO

Senator, I do agree with ya on this one but by no means is she an underated players, she has above average natural talent. Born and Bred ball player......love watching her

I just wanted to but in here if I may, Don't want to offend no one. I know what you are trying to say. {from experience}I watch a lot of ball especially 7a & aa girls. I have a interest in it due to alot of my friends kids play in this area not just one school.

I had the chance this last ball season meeting several good players and their families that work as hard if not harder than what you call the outstanding players. The reason they have to work at it harder is some are born with natural talent and some have hidden talent. They have to work harder for it to show. Jc for example {i feel they will agree with this} they had your star players but if it wasn't for the bench and them working as a team combining all talents they would have never went as far as they did! It is natural and easier for a coach to favor or seem to favor a naturally talented player than one that needs work.{thats what an assistant coach is for} I agree that there is a -1 talent being overlooked or not giving the attention they need. That is the fan's responsiblity also, due it respectfully, but when they hit the floor to play let them know how you feel about them. Make some noise.

I went up to a girl that JC played against and beat and told her she was a good player and did a good job out there. You would have thought I smacked her in the face, she stood thier for a minute and then laughed and said thanks. Just because you lost the game doesn't mean you didn't play well just circumstance of coaching,plays, team not on the same page. Ball games are won by teams not single players and that is what I told her. The kid's mother came up to me later and thanked me for cheering up her kid. Try it sometime won't kill ya and why not? That's how I think ya let the underated kids know how they did. JMHO....My explanation to these kid's is that it is like a motor some have more important parts but it won't run {let's say a coil,power pac...} unless all the parts are there and each kid on the team is a part of that motor..I have had to have this speech for the last four years I think it finally got thru... She has continued to work hard and gave herself a tuneup. Now she is going to be a part of a different motor!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> All players need encouragement to do the best of thier ability. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....Sorry to ramble but I do know how you feel, but we as fan's can change this...jmo

senatorPosted Jul 22 2008 - 06:17 PM MCKENSIE SELLS FROM LA WILL BE A SOPH AND SHE WAS GOOD AMONG A GROUP OF GREAT ATHLETES AS A FRESHMAN WATCH HER GO

Senator, I do agree with ya on this one but by no means is she an underated players, she has above average natural talent. Born and Bred ball player......love watching her

Senator and Stang I bow to your proven wisdom. I would like to ad that the truly great player does appreciate the other players on their respective team. The truly great player will receive respect for helping, working with, and causing the others to play above their natural ability. And the final test is how much fruit is on the vine in march. not necessarly trophys but playing great team ball. keep up the great posts.