Dobyns Bennett Football 2008

As happy as alot of DB people are to be getting Ashlon, alot of SH insiders will tell you that they are equally happy to be rid of him. Having played ball alongside the kid for almost 4 years, I can tell you that for every big play he makes, there will be a few miscues and a couple of headaches. He's a guy who isn't likely to buy into the team concept, and GC will have to really bust it to get him to work hard. No one doubts his ability or his potential, but its almost as if he wont work to get what he wants. I hate to bash a kid, and im not trying to, I just want to inform Kingsport that he will be far from a savior. Dropped balls, temper tantrums, arguments with coaches, these are the sort of things you'll learn to expect from Mr. Adams. Off the field, you wont find a more personable kid, but on the field, you've got a primadona wideout who will cause alot of problems. I want to see what Charlie Morgan does with him on the basketball court because DB's team concept wont allow for an oversized guard who belongs in the post and loves to jack 3s. Graham Clark tolerated Lamon Williams a few years ago, so hopefully he can make Ash into something that the SH staff couldnt- a team player.

BTW, Ash is going into his senior year and according to transfer rules would have to sit out a year. How did he become an exception?

To Dobyns-Bennett, I hope that you all have a good season but 9-1 sounds great if SH can pull off a miracle. To Ash, I really, really, hope that you prove me wrong, and that you have a great seasons in both basketball and football.

To Kingsport and other DB supporters, don't grill me on this one, I'm just explaining exactly how Ash was when I played alongside him but I graduated and I hope maybe this offseason he made a tremendous change. There's too much potential in that spectacle of a body of his to be lacking teamwork and character.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As happy as alot of DB people are to be getting Ashlon, alot of SH insiders will tell you that they are equally happy to be rid of him. Having played ball alongside the kid for almost 4 years, I can tell you that for every big play he makes, there will be a few miscues and a couple of headaches. He's a guy who isn't likely to buy into the team concept, and GC will have to really bust it to get him to work hard. No one doubts his ability or his potential, but its almost as if he wont work to get what he wants. I hate to bash a kid, and im not trying to, I just want to inform Kingsport that he will be far from a savior. Dropped balls, temper tantrums, arguments with coaches, these are the sort of things you'll learn to expect from Mr. Adams. Off the field, you wont find a more personable kid, but on the field, you've got a primadona wideout who will cause alot of problems. I want to see what Charlie Morgan does with him on the basketball court because DB's team concept wont allow for an oversized guard who belongs in the post and loves to jack 3s. Graham Clark tolerated Lamon Williams a few years ago, so hopefully he can make Ash into something that the SH staff couldnt- a team player.

BTW, Ash is going into his senior year and according to transfer rules would have to sit out a year. How did he become an exception?

To Dobyns-Bennett, I hope that you all have a good season but 9-1 sounds great if SH can pull off a miracle. To Ash, I really, really, hope that you prove me wrong, and that you have a great seasons in both basketball and football.

To Kingsport and other DB supporters, don't grill me on this one, I'm just explaining exactly how Ash was when I played alongside him but I graduated and I hope maybe this offseason he made a tremendous change. There's too much potential in that spectacle of a body of his to be lacking teamwork and character.

Well looks like Coach Clark and Morgan are going to give him a chance. So either he makes it or he don't. Personally I'm pulling for him because he won't find any better coaches in this part of the country to play for. He will have to work hard just like all the players at DB. I think he knows that comming in. It's no big secrete as to how Morgan and Clark coach.

Well looks like Coach Clark and Morgan are going to give him a chance. So either he makes it or he don't. Personally I'm pulling for him because he won't find any better coaches in this part of the country to play for. He will have to work hard just like all the players at DB. I think he knows that comming in. It's no big secrete as to how Morgan and Clark coach.

I agree that he wont find a better staff to play for, hopefully they get the most out of him. WaCo, can you explain how Ash is eligible to play without sitting out the mandatory 1 year after transferring from SH to DB?

I agree that he wont find a better staff to play for, hopefully they get the most out of him. WaCo, can you explain how Ash is eligible to play without sitting out the mandatory 1 year after transferring from SH to DB?

I really don't know the exact rule on that. It might have something to do with Science Hill giving the OK for him to be able to play for DB. I really don't know how that works and don't have a TSSAA rule book here to refer to. Maybe Cap1 has the answer. I feel confident that DB has their "i's" dotted and "t's crossed. Its a sure thing that the TSSAA phone lines have been lit up today with calls of protest from the upper East Tn. area.

If it can be done,GC and CM will make it work.I hate to see a kid take a gift of talent and not use it.

if you move out of a school district or move with your parents you are allowed to change schools without sitting out, but if you simply change schools and dont move you have to sit out one year

Malcolm Perkins is NOT playing for the Dobyns Bennett Indians this year, he had problems in Big Stone Gap and Coach CLark wont let him play. Coach said he didnt want any trouble on the squad this year

if you move out of a school district or move with your parents you are allowed to change schools without sitting out, but if you simply change schools and dont move you have to sit out one year

Malcolm Perkins is NOT playing for the Dobyns Bennett Indians this year, he had problems in Big Stone Gap and Coach CLark wont let him play. Coach said he didnt want any trouble on the squad this year

How did the team look friday,are we coming along pretty good ?

He's already playing.

I'll have to go with dbfan91 on this one. You don't even know his name. Malcolm Perkins?