Dobyns Bennett Football 2008

I will tell you why the interest in transferring players. We are consistantly one or two players from winning the state. The addition of one real good player would put us over the top, while one good player at any other local school might win the conference for them. Their is a huge difference between 4a and 5a teams when you start playing the likes of Riverdale,smyrna,oak ridge,independence and some of the other big dogs. Having said that, i believe Maryville will continuee to be successful next year even after the change in realignment.They will continue to go deep in the playoffs every year. The biggest problem i see with football in Kpt is that we don't have a quallity youth football program other than the Lynn Garden program. If we did, we might be able to develop better football players. I believe this years team will prove some people wrong. This could be a special team if we don't have any injuries.

First of all I don't really believe you can say there is a problem with Kpt football when Dobyns Bennett is the winningest high school team in the state of Tennessee, the only probelm is that we are due for a state champioship and it is coming. And point 'B' Lynn Garden is not the only youth football program in Kingsport, they are the only one to play during the summer, which never made a whole lot of since to me because I believe high school football around here is played in the fall. Over 80% of the players on the field for DB this year have come through another youth football program, and one that I personally take some pride in. In fact the "CoachT proclaimed chat room studs" that are on the DB football team Varsity, JV, and Freshmen have all come through another youth football program other than Lynn Garden.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to post on Sat night relative to the Halls scrimmage but was not successful due to internet traffic on Coach T. One of my thoughts was that Halls Wing T type O was tailor made to be disrupted by the Watson blitz package. I was encouraged to see that D-B's D looked good against Knox Central. What type of offense did KC run? Also, I was glad to see the D-B QB under center most of the time against Halls. Was this also the case against KC?

DB was in the I-formation. I dont recall them lining up in the gun at all.

From memory Central ran some I and some gun w/ a back on both sides of the QB. Maybe even some 1 back.

DB played w/ 3 down lineman on D.

CS is a nice back but the scoring run you speak of was against a majority of 2nd team players. The DB O wasnt effective against Centrals 1st team D

I wouldn't know if the D was first or second team.

DB drove length of field on first possesion and turned it over on downs. DB scored on second or third possession.

Guest footballfan100

you must be boys club member...you must be very proud of it because you never mentioned tjhe name BOYS CLUB!!!! But you did mention, the Lynn Garden and Lynn View programs, so you must be very impressed by it to have mentioned it several times. Come on over and play with the big boys!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to, ask the players and starters at DB where they played pee wee at (David Roop, Jamie Crawford, Ryan Church, Daniel Kilgore, just to name a few) So dont go slamming the door on the lynn garden crew so fast. we are responsible for your success. So COME AND GET YOU SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!butt wipe.

you all need to annex more then you might be able to play the boys from knoxville and beyond!!!!!! 92 and strong just isnt enough anymore!!!!! you need more players to match up with central it sounds like.

you must be boys club member...you must be very proud of it because you never mentioned tjhe name BOYS CLUB!!!! But you did mention, the Lynn Garden and Lynn View programs, so you must be very impressed by it to have mentioned it several times. Come on over and play with the big boys!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to, ask the players and starters at DB where they played pee wee at (David Roop, Jamie Crawford, Ryan Church, Daniel Kilgore, just to name a few) So dont go slamming the door on the lynn garden crew so fast. we are responsible for your success. So COME AND GET YOU SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!butt wipe.

you all need to annex more then you might be able to play the boys from knoxville and beyond!!!!!! 92 and strong just isnt enough anymore!!!!! you need more players to match up with central it sounds like.

No need for name calling, I was just stating a fact that's all. Usually after the lynn garden summer football league most of those players come and play in the fall at the KBGC. Maybe it would be better if both leagues worked together instead of against each other in order to serve all of the interested local youth that want to play football.

My boy played Lynn Garden football and boys club.Lynn Garden was alot more competitive,even though it is played in hot weather.If your kid really wants to be in the thick of football then put him on a county league team.Coaches wear headsets and scout each other,best peewee football around IMO.

Do you ever have any meaningful insights on actual high school football? Can you go back through your post history and let us know? Thanks.

Most people on here have figured out that I don't really care if they like my post or not. For some reason they keep reading every post I make. You are no different. I think the thing that bothers you the most is that all my post are 100% correct. Even the silly ones. Sometimes I really have to get down in the gutter, especially when talking to South fans or other DB haters. So you might want to just chill out, cause your not having much of a impact here. Thanks. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Are you any relation to Scott Smith of Science Hill ?

C'mon now guys, Jack ain't that bad a date when he leaves his false teeth at home. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Cut him some slack.

Did you guys FINALLY get one of the Pinkston boys from Powell Valley? A P.V. guy posted on the LPD message board that one of them had a "rough" year and has not been to practice there. He said he had transferred to D-B. Sounded legit since he has been a pretty straight shooter in the past.

Chris Sensabough, Derick Steele, Corey Hall, and Rusty Clark are on the Varsity, or seem to be.

Chris Sensabough is very good as you can read here.

I seen in another forum that Corey Hall was on JV, I don't think so!!! If it turns out that he is that would be a terrible move.

I heard that he would possibly be a starter this year.

Derick Steele is very fast, good on his feet and he has really good hands.

Rusty Clark reads the plays and the field fairly well.

C'mon now guys, Jack ain't that bad a date when he leaves his false teeth at home. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Cut him some slack.

Did you guys FINALLY get one of the Pinkston boys from Powell Valley? A P.V. guy posted on the LPD message board that one of them had a "rough" year and has not been to practice there. He said he had transferred to D-B. Sounded legit since he has been a pretty straight shooter in the past.

I can always count on Monica to follow one of my silly post with one twice as silly.

And I think if there was a Pinkston at DB we would of all heard of it by now.