Dobyns Bennett Football 2008

I never said you didn't have a strong team. As a matter of fact I think I said that I thought this years team would do better than last years baring injury. Waco I’m just giving my perspective of what it looks like from the outside looking in. I know that you and many other DBers have the inside scoop and know a lot more about many of the kids on the team and there potential. Like I said before (for whatever its worth) that’s how I saw it from one short scrimmage. I will add this. Halls shouldn’t be a measuring stick for a program like DB with the team they are fielding this year. You will get more of a taste of how things really stack up when you go down to Carson Newman. By the way I know all of these so called “transfers” (Malcolm and Myron Pinkston, Tylee Anderson, and yes Ashlon Adams) and Adams is the only one that is truly attempting to switch up even though he’s the only one that doesn’t have a parent that already resides in Kingsport at this time. The Pinkstons are twins although you would never guess it because they look nothing alike. But I have copies of their birth certificates and I can at least vouch for them having the same birthday. Malcolm is a senior and Myron is a junior at PV and they are both studs. I think Malcolm has been benching over 250 lbs since the 8th grade…and I’m not being funny. Tylee is Mr. Gate City and basketball is truly his sport but I believe he has been the starting QB for Gate City for the last two years. He would be a fool to leave a school that has allowed him to play in two basketball State Championships and at least one football State Championship regardless of what team is stronger head to head. All of these guys have great natural ability, but they all (with the exception of Tylee) have had serious issues with the coaching staffs.

So how’s that for facts Mr. Tricitiessportsdomahicky?!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Sorces tell me Adams has residence in Bloomingdale, just inside the city limits.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorces tell me Adams has residence in Bloomingdale, just inside the city limits.

Bloomingdale?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> You guys could have at least set up a trailer park in front of your school for your transfers like we did! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Btw, LOVE the colors on your feathers WP! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bloomingdale?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> You guys could have at least set up a trailer park in front of your school for your transfers like we did! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Btw, LOVE the colors on your feathers WP! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Poking fun at me is warranted, I earned it. I understand what the purpose of this message board is; everyone who comments on any of the boards fulfills its function, including you Cap1 and plowboy2. I'm glad I at least incited one of you to crack open a dictionary. I think the word ‘banter’ is still appropriate, given any of its meanings. I’m not trying to be a CoachT message board police man; I guess I could have fooled you. My apologies. You get my point though.

The Maryville scrimmage is played at Carson Newman because it is a mid point between Maryville and Kingsport. Since the scrimmage is played on a school night it makes more sense for both teams to travel one hour, 2 hours round trip, to Jefferson City, than for one to be stuck with a two hour drive both ways, 4 hours round trip. The incentive to scrimmage wouldn’t be there if such a long trip was required. Either way, the scrimmage should be a nice sounding board for how DB is coming along, as Maryville has already scrimmaged Oak Ridge this preseason and is a perennial powerhouse in the state.

I’m glad to see it looks like Jefferson County will again be competing for the top spot. The Dobyns Bennett and Jefferson County rivalry has grown over the years and it will be sad to see them leave the conference with the realignments next year. Hopefully we will keep the Patriots and Sevier County on the out of conference schedule in the future, it would make sense.

A few more questions I have:

1) Does Chris Sensabaugh look to be playing both ways? Running back and linebacker?

2) Has Jaime Crawford locked up the starting quarterback position, with David Roop being the affirmed back up? Or is there still a quarterback controversy of sorts?

3) Other than Sylvester and Sensabaugh, who looks to be locking up starting positions at wide receiver, fullback, kick returner, and punt returner?

4) Who looks to make up the defensive back field for the Indians this year?

5) Does Derek Steele look to be getting significant playing time on varsity this season?

6) Is William Blount, Bearden, or Oak Ridge at the strength level they were last year? I understand William Blount and Bearden lost solid talent to graduation.

That’ll do for now. Any information is appreciated.

You’re alright with me Plowboy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now back on topic. I have a question…why all the concern with transfers. Could it be that the DB hopefuls’ sense that the stables are thin and are wishing on a prayer that one of these superstars decide to come in and possibly give the Indians some much needed DEPTH at the skilled positions?

I will tell you why the interest in transferring players. We are consistantly one or two players from winning the state. The addition of one real good player would put us over the top, while one good player at any other local school might win the conference for them. Their is a huge difference between 4a and 5a teams when you start playing the likes of Riverdale,smyrna,oak ridge,independence and some of the other big dogs. Having said that, i believe Maryville will continuee to be successful next year even after the change in realignment.They will continue to go deep in the playoffs every year. The biggest problem i see with football in Kpt is that we don't have a quallity youth football program other than the Lynn Garden program. If we did, we might be able to develop better football players. I believe this years team will prove some people wrong. This could be a special team if we don't have any injuries.

Poking fun at me is warranted, I earned it. I understand what the purpose of this message board is; everyone who comments on any of the boards fulfills its function, including you Cap1 and plowboy2. I'm glad I at least incited one of you to crack open a dictionary. I think the word ‘banter’ is still appropriate, given any of its meanings. I’m not trying to be a CoachT message board police man; I guess I could have fooled you. My apologies. You get my point though.

The Maryville scrimmage is played at Carson Newman because it is a mid point between Maryville and Kingsport. Since the scrimmage is played on a school night it makes more sense for both teams to travel one hour, 2 hours round trip, to Jefferson City, than for one to be stuck with a two hour drive both ways, 4 hours round trip. The incentive to scrimmage wouldn’t be there if such a long trip was required. Either way, the scrimmage should be a nice sounding board for how DB is coming along, as Maryville has already scrimmaged Oak Ridge this preseason and is a perennial powerhouse in the state.

I’m glad to see it looks like Jefferson County will again be competing for the top spot. The Dobyns Bennett and Jefferson County rivalry has grown over the years and it will be sad to see them leave the conference with the realignments next year. Hopefully we will keep the Patriots and Sevier County on the out of conference schedule in the future, it would make sense.

A few more questions I have:

1) Does Chris Sensabaugh look to be playing both ways? Running back and linebacker?

2) Has Jaime Crawford locked up the starting quarterback position, with David Roop being the affirmed back up? Or is there still a quarterback controversy of sorts?

3) Other than Sylvester and Sensabaugh, who looks to be locking up starting positions at wide receiver, fullback, kick returner, and punt returner?

4) Who looks to make up the defensive back field for the Indians this year?

5) Does Derek Steele look to be getting significant playing time on varsity this season?

6) Is William Blount, Bearden, or Oak Ridge at the strength level they were last year? I understand William Blount and Bearden lost solid talent to graduation.

That’ll do for now. Any information is appreciated.

CS will play runningback only

Both qb's will play a lot. Especially if Jamie keeps taking hits like last scrimmage.

Derek will get a lot of playing time this year.Sylvester had trouble fielding punts last year so i think Derek will get a look at kick returning if the problems continue. Many young players could see significant playing time this year.

You’re alright with me Plowboy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now back on topic. I have a question…why all the concern with transfers. Could it be that the DB hopefuls’ sense that the stables are thin and are wishing on a prayer that one of these superstars decide to come in and possibly give the Indians some much needed DEPTH at the skilled positions?

The only concern I have seen is from the South and TN High people. Mighty nice of you to worry about us.

I will tell you why the interest in transferring players. We are consistantly one or two players from winning the state. The addition of one real good player would put us over the top, while one good player at any other local school might win the conference for them. Their is a huge difference between 4a and 5a teams when you start playing the likes of Riverdale,smyrna,oak ridge,independence and some of the other big dogs. Having said that, i believe Maryville will continuee to be successful next year even after the change in realignment.They will continue to go deep in the playoffs every year. The biggest problem i see with football in Kpt is that we don't have a quallity youth football program other than the Lynn Garden program. If we did, we might be able to develop better football players. I believe this years team will prove some people wrong. This could be a special team if we don't have any injuries.

That makes allot of sense. Good post! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That makes allot of sense. Good post! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How come you never say that after one of my post? Playing favorites? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />