Livingston vs. Smith Co.

bubblegum99

We have a great coaching staff that works their butts off to prepare inexperienced kids. They work those kids just as hard as the starters. When they get in there...they are prepared. We have lost 40 seniors in the last 2 years...and I think we may be better this year with a junior dominated team. Every time we lose everything...as we have no less than 3 times since Coach Maynord has been here...we have come back stronger. I expect no less this year.

I thought that's what you would say! But how do you explain the talent? You guys seem to have 4 or 5 big play makers every year also. Is there something in the water down there?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that's what you would say! But how do you explain the talent? You guys seem to have 4 or 5 big play makers every year also. Is there something in the water down there?

I think our talent has been average at best. We've had a few go on to play in college...but

not very many...most at the NAIA level. We have had kids that want to play...that are put in positions to succeed.

We have not had blazing speed...but good speed. We have not had that much size every year...but they will hit you.

We have had in excess of 80 kids out the last few years. That helps.

There are alot of hard working kids that have been totally dedicated to getting better each day for a long time. Relentless hard working kids that are very well coached describes the players at SC.

And it shows! I hate to admit it but you are telling me what everyone should already know! You guys should be very proud of what you have and I know you are!

And it shows! I hate to admit it but you are telling me what everyone should already know! You guys should be very proud of what you have and I know you are!

We are that. I think our football program is similar to your girl's basketball program...even though I think your

girl's program is a little ahead. Thanks for the props.

I just wanna say this, plainly. I want to thank every supporter that has been there for this program the past 2 years, and will continue to be there no matter what. I believe that the program is on the rise, and that good things are in the future. Will i make a prediction, or comment on this game, no. I just want to thank every supporter, from my 2 year old sister, to the oldest person in that crowd. Thank you for everything, and stay with us.

I think our talent has been average at best. We've had a few go on to play in college...but

not very many...most at the NAIA level. We have had kids that want to play...that are put in positions to succeed.

We have not had blazing speed...but good speed. We have not had that much size every year...but they will hit you.

We have had in excess of 80 kids out the last few years. That helps.

I think our coaches do a heck of a job putting a good TEAM on the field. We've had teams come in to the hole with a "star" on their team but you look up and there are 8-11 black shirts surrounding him. Also, our backups go in the game prepared to play. They play together, they play with heart and they play with confidence.

I think our coaches do a heck of a job putting a good TEAM on the field. We've had teams come in to the hole with a "star" on their team but you look up and there are 8-11 black shirts surrounding him. Also, our backups go in the game prepared to play. They play together, they play with heart and they play with confidence.

Been there and seen that---twice in 2004!! Not just with 1 star either!!

Politics runs every school in almost every county in every state in some way or the other... that's why its called politics. LA isnt the only "victim" of this. Any school that has ever existed has been involved in it some way or another, voluntarily or involuntarily.

And I thought, and have been told in this forum, Macon County was the only place this happened??

Hey bubblegum, don't fret it...If folks wanna talk about support and negatives..Lets talk about the last two years..That's where your faithful were..Supporters..It was pretty easy for support from '05 and back for several years. I see this program trying to get back to just that..a successful program! Plus we are talking about the first scrimmage of the year after one week in pads. Now I didn't get to see it but I would say the coaching staff saw some positives out of it..And will build off from. Lets get these kids excited about football!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Good post BD. How are you doing?