Warriors of Jasper vs Pirates of South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says Pirates should score 30 pts (which is about 1 TD/ quarter) on everyone they play. OP says the jasper folks need to worry about the warriors ability to score on the Pirate D. The SP D could be better than the 07 club and the O will be about the same after the new faces hit their groove. OP worries about the kicking game & injuries more than anything for this 08 team.

OP says not much feed back from the jasper corner. They are either planning a surprise scalping party or they're sherd after the scrimmages they've had. SP is having a scrimmage friday some may want to come watch, maybe help prepare themselves for what to expect. The Pirates don't do anything different. They will play "Bloody Nose" or simply leave you in their vapor dust. OP really thinks the Pirates like to smack you in the teeth first .....then while the other team is dizzy, just run past them.

You know, I hope all these teams that South Pittsburg has already beat this year get the message early so they know what to expect. Seems to me most of the fans are already preparing for the State. Hope all your dreams come true and they make it but i would take it one game at a time myself...

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, but first dont correct my vocabulary when you cant spell or put toghether common sentences. Yes i know devine intervention is two words. Go back and read over the post. Ill give you marks for trying. Seems to me you should have went to South Pittsburg for your education.

As far as you rattaling my cage, try a little harder next time...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

P.S

I think you meant to say qualify not "quality" but thats just my opinion. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm pretty sure you didn't go to SP. Maybe you need to proof read your own post before you stick your foot in it!

Ok, but first dont correct my vocabulary when you cant spell or put toghether common sentences. Yes i know devine intervention is two words. Go back and read over the post. Ill give you marks for trying. Seems to me you should have went to South Pittsburg for your education.

As far as you rattaling my cage, try a little harder next time...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

P.S

I think you meant to say qualify not "quality" but thats just my opinion. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Obviously you are stuck in 1995 perhaps.You define Homer.Come closer to 2008 or at least 2006 remember duh? And i'm sure you'll hate this info.Memphis born and educated, MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY.By the way, spell together.Wow the rivalry is enough to make for good fodder,but it is what it is.Sorry bout your mindset.A football elitelst without and an elite clue to reality.

Obviously you are stuck in 1995 perhaps.You define Homer.Come closer to 2008 or at least 2006 remember duh? And i'm sure you'll hate this info.Memphis born and educated, MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY.By the way, spell together.Wow the rivalry is enough to make for good fodder,but it is what it is.Sorry bout your mindset.A football elitelst without and an elite clue to reality.

Middle Tennessee State University, wow.. I think they miss you. Go Back!! Im not going to get into this little squabble with you. In a earlier post someone wrote that Marion County fans where dreamers. Ill say this for Marion fans, they know reality. We will take it one game at a time but for Peerates...yall go ahead and look past us. Sometimes the past comes back to bite you in the rear... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Middle Tennessee State University, wow.. I think they miss you. Go Back!! Im not going to get into this little squabble with you. In a earlier post someone wrote that Marion County fans where dreamers. Ill say this for Marion fans, they know reality. We will take it one game at a time but for Peerates...yall go ahead and look past us. Sometimes the past comes back to bite you in the rear... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok homer.If Jasper had just won a state championship (circa) 1995 lets say.And returned 14 seniors,Championship MVPs,Major college recruits etc. They would get all due respect,which you refuse to give SP.Then yes great rivalry but recent past history with lots of the same players playing. Acknowledge the facts and hope for a better game than the last 2 yrs. That's something to look forward to.

Ok homer.If Jasper had just won a state championship (circa) 1995 lets say.And returned 14 seniors,Championship MVPs,Major college recruits etc. They would get all due respect,which you refuse to give SP.Then yes great rivalry but recent past history with lots of the same players playing. Acknowledge the facts and hope for a better game than the last 2 yrs. That's something to look forward to.

Old Pirate says great come back bossbro. Jasper folks had their day when they were "the team" to beat. OP remembers well............... all the smack talking coming from the warrior fans then. They had earned the respect and SP folks were just hoping to play a close game and perhaps upset them. Fact is this cat has a short memory "If" he was old enough to remember the jasper glory years. OP says the Pirates or fans are not looking over anyone just simply aware they'll be tough to defeat. As OP stated in another post something needs to change for the warriors before it gets to be glory days again. OP says the warriors could/can be the Pirates if a number of things work in their favor. Those things OP will keep to himself for now.

The smash talk never changes! If you play sports it is almost brainwashed into your head as a child to hate Jasper or South Pittsburg depending on which one you are from. I tell you what, as if my opinion matters any, but I went to every Marion Co state championship in the 90's and still would if they made it. You can't take things personal on here.....just let it go. BUT IT SURE IS FUN TO READ ABOUT!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

...Having made my 1st trip to Beene Stadium last Sept., I'll say that it will be tough for MC to win in that atmosphere...with what I have been reading, I think SP will win...being that it will be the 1st game for each team is a tough prediction...3 weeks will be here before you know it!!!

I cant wait til the season kicks off. It makes it that much better that SP kicks off there season against a cross county rival in Jasper! As for the atmosphere SP has got to be one of the toughest places to play ( for an opposing team ) and one of the greatest places to play ( if your a Priate player or in the stands cheering them on ) around the Chattanooga area! There is nothing better than going and watching the SP Jasper game and cheering on SP. I know its going to be a hard hitting game I just don't think Jasper has enough hard hitters to stop SP from hitting the endzone many times during the game. I am not taking anything away from Jasper, I just don't think they have what it takes to compete with SP. I could get fooled, but I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! Someone already wrote this in this post ( I dont remember who ), but they said they hope the players come out safe and I have to give a kudos on that. Like I said I cant wait for the season to kick off against Jasper, but I am also ready for the Jamboree this week!

GO PIRATES!!

This is always a great rivalry! I love reading all the hype that is usually on here. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It has been a little quiet on the Warrior end this year! Are they hybernating? I hope both teams play their best!

This is always a great rivalry! I love reading all the hype that is usually on here. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It has been a little quiet on the Warrior end this year! Are they hybernating? I hope both teams play their best!

Looks as if Old Pirate will need to rattle some cages before the jasper folks respond.

The game is on the horizon and the warrior folks appear shy.......................................... nah................just........sherd........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Looks as if Old Pirate will need to rattle some cages before the jasper folks respond.

The game is on the horizon and the warrior folks appear shy.......................................... nah................just........sherd........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I believe we have just beat jasper down so much, theres none of them left! They better Beware, the perfect storm is brewing next Friday night and the Perfect Pirate Team is the eye of the storm!

Go Pirates!

well if we play our best players on Oline jasper will NOT stand a chance... this is the hardest hitting Spitt team ive seen since 94.... from what i hear from jasper there not ready for Spitt.. to bad.. u better strap it up tight... Cause spitt is gonna hit you , You can bet that....