Oak Ridge vs. Maryville scrimmage time changed

Govolsknox

Actually, it was 1-1 with starters.

Actually it was not 1-1 starters, oak ridge only got 1 first down on the rebels starting defense, and the rebels 1st offense would of scored 3 times, the first score was a td, the second time the rebels woulda scored the ref blew the whistle because the play faked the ref out, and 3 the offense was on the oak ridge lets say 15 yard line and quarles asked to turn the gameplay around and turn to the 85 yard field. so i say rebels 3 and oak ridge 0.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey if you Maryaville folks would notice there is only one person from Oak Ridge who is even on here with you all.

This is the same as the last few years. Maryville kicks Oak Ridges butt but looks bad doing it, then Oak Ridge brags about how bad Maryville looked. And how good we looked. Jeez it's just a scrimmage after one week of practice. Neither coach really knows what he has..till it's a real game let it go!

I still think it is funny that BldRunner said that Maryville doesn't play tough competition.

They play 2 5A schools every single year. They play a perennial powerhouse and state champion every year. Every year they play the only two schools from East Tennessee to have made it to the State Championship game in the last decade, Mo-West and Central. Central may have made it to the state final several times had it not been for Maryville knocking them out (3 of the last 4 years for recent history alone). Halls and Powell have had some minimal success from time to time. We also play West who shows plenty of speed. Not to mention the very fast Chattanooga teams that we play in the playoffs. The best team Red Bank has ever seen, or second best, (Gerald Riggs, Jr. era) was put down by an angry Maryville team. They've taken licks from the BEST the state has had to offer in 4A and whipped all of them.

Also, it is arguable that 5A is actually EASIER than 4A. I would much rather face Smyrna than Memphis East, Melrose, Hillsboro, Maplewood, White Station, or Pearl Cohn.

Really You'd much rather face Smyrna. Well I don't know about this year but the last 2 years, we would give you all you wanted and more. That would be a good game. Not sure your putting the right teams in there though. What about MBA or Brentwood Act. Would you like to play them too. Because they are the powerhouse team you should speak of if your talking about playing the best of the best. Why not test yourself in the the Herbie classic. Play some teams up in Ohio or Texas or Florida. Your always rated in the nation, Play the best. Then if you win I tip my cap.

Hey if you Maryaville folks would notice there is only one person from Oak Ridge who is even on here with you all.

This is the same as the last few years. Maryville kicks Oak Ridges butt but looks bad doing it, then Oak Ridge brags about how bad Maryville looked. And how good we looked. Jeez it's just a scrimmage after one week of practice. Neither coach really knows what he has..till it's a real game let it go!

[/quot

AMEN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Threatning a kid? When did I threaten sir? Step out from behind the Southern cross & show me?

you really are an envious , crotchety , miserable has been aren't you.? Really ,all kidding aside you make me sick. you need to get a GIRLfriend or something. You don't like this and you don't like that , your are one of the most obnoxious persons that I have ever read or heard. it seems there is no substance to you except for hate and envy. you need to think before you invite , you never know who is on the guest list. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am assuming that you have gotten out of 5th grade.

you really are an envious , crotchety , miserable has been aren't you.? Really ,all kidding aside you make me sick. you need to get a GIRLfriend or something. You don't like this and you don't like that , your are one of the most obnoxious persons that I have ever read or heard. it seems there is no substance to you except for hate and envy. you need to think before you invite , you never know who is on the guest list. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am assuming that you have gotten out of 5th grade.

+1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually, could you provide the rule that Maryville could have moved up had they wanted to before the 2007 season?

I've read you and redandblack63 make that claim several times that they could have and should have moved up and the mid-point and I have read the rules regarding the reclassification at the 2 year interval and at no point did it say a team could voluntarily move up a classification at that point. The only way I could see that a team could move was if the school met the qualifier for automatic movement up or down of which Maryville did not meet.

Please provide this piece of info if you can. Otherwise, the team was a large 4A school fair and square before the 2005 season. No one in their right mind would have said they would have a 60 game win streak at that point.

This is not true, even prior to 07, you can move up but you cannot move down. I just verified this

Clinton did it before , back in the day. Or prove me wrong.

What's up Central?

Envious? Envious of who? Central? That is your team.

Allow me to play DR Phil for a moment, Your hatred for Oak Ridge started in 1991 am I right? When OR eliminated the best ever Central Bobcats, I will assume you bought your Bandwagon ticket after that, Oh wait Maryville was not a powerhouse then What made you switch? Was it the colors? They are the same as Central , or do you like thier mascot? Why not AE they are pretty good, Why not them?

Let me Guess yourr Fav NBA team is the Boston Celtics

your fav NFL team is the NY Giants

your Fav baseball team is the Boston Redsox, am I getting close?

Your fav NASCAR driver is the one with the most points.

Please leave my Basketball playing girlfirind out of this.

Yea, I would rather play Brentwood Academy or MBA. The problem is that in 4A there is a TON of tough teams. In 5A there are just a handful. I would stack Central, Maryville, and Mo-West up against the best teams that 5A has to offer. I say we could take at least 2 out of 3 in most years. Not to mention that there are 3-4 more Middle Tn/West TN schools that could hang with the best in 5A.

I am not saying that Maryville could beat anyone in the nation. We couldn't. We beat the teams we are scheduled to beat, and for the state of Tennessee its a pretty hard schedule, especially when we get into the playoffs. We don't have the athletes to go around playing Hoover and the powerhouses in Ohio, etc. That is not a slam against Maryville, but they make the best out of the talent they have. They don't have D-1 athletes. They have a good team and that good team probably wouldn't cut it against Hoover High among others. We may be ranked nationally but that doesn't mean squat. Its just bragging rights for the fans. Does it really mean that we could beat every high school ranked below us? Probably not. It just recognizes that we have had a good thing going. There is absolutely no sense in going to play some stupid teams out of state. All it does is cost an arm and a leg and give you some bragging rights. I would much rather Maryville put that money into a better field, or a new scoreboard to display another state title. Afterall, those state titles are what really matters. Going to Ohio and beating some great team doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the end of the season.

Yea, I would rather play Brentwood Academy or MBA. The problem is that in 4A there is a TON of tough teams. In 5A there are just a handful. I would stack Central, Maryville, and Mo-West up against the best teams that 5A has to offer. I say we could take at least 2 out of 3 in most years. Not to mention that there are 3-4 more Middle Tn/West TN schools that could hang with the best in 5A.

I am not saying that Maryville could beat anyone in the nation. We couldn't. We beat the teams we are scheduled to beat, and for the state of Tennessee its a pretty hard schedule, especially when we get into the playoffs. We don't have the athletes to go around playing Hoover and the powerhouses in Ohio, etc. That is not a slam against Maryville, but they make the best out of the talent they have. They don't have D-1 athletes. They have a good team and that good team probably wouldn't cut it against Hoover High among others. We may be ranked nationally but that doesn't mean squat. Its just bragging rights for the fans. Does it really mean that we could beat every high school ranked below us? Probably not. It just recognizes that we have had a good thing going. There is absolutely no sense in going to play some stupid teams out of state. All it does is cost an arm and a leg and give you some bragging rights. I would much rather Maryville put that money into a better field, or a new scoreboard to display another state title. Afterall, those state titles are what really matters. Going to Ohio and beating some great team doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the end of the season.

Overall, great post and good points. However, although Maryville IMO definitely would have been able to hang with anyone in 5A over the last serveral years, I don't at all agree that the top tier of 4A could hang with the top tier of 5A. There is a difference. It is a false assumption that 4A overall is tougher than 5A overall. I have the utmost respect for Alcoa, a team that absolutely has dominated 2A, but when they step up and face the top of 3A (Fulton) or top of 4A ( Maryville) they are all of the sudden not able to dominate. They are still a great team, but they have stepped up in classification and it has an effect. If I understand correctly, doesn't Maryville move up next year to what would this year be 5A? If this is the case, Maryville will get their chance to show what they can do against current 5A comp starting next year.

If they move up, I'll predict that while they will continue to win most of their games, they will generally not be able to get through the season without one or more losses. This is not to say that they will never have another undefeated season IMO, but the overall level of competition will increase and this will have an effect.