Class 5A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Didn't cookeville win the region? they weren't very impressive but still won the region! I don't expect Joslin to have two down years in a row. Joslin unimpressive but still reg. champs. He'll be above average this year. cookeville wins region without being challenged. Lincoln second with maybe coffee challenging them. Franklin 4th with maybe a challenge from Warren, Cumberland nowhere to be seen.

Lincoln Co. won the region last year. In week 9 Lincoln Co. beat Cookeville 16-10. Then in week 10 Lincoln Co. beat Coffee Co. 13-10.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Cookeville didn't win the region last year. But For the past 5 or 6 years Cookeville has dominated for the most part.

Why do I think Cookeville will be better this year? Cookeville is young, but very talented. They have a strong senior class. They have a few positions that are still in need but overall much better from last year. And don't forget, Cookeville gave Smyrna their best game last year in the first round for those who saw..

Just wondering, but how do the other teams in the region look compared to last year? Better? or About the same?

Yes Cookeville didn't win the region last year. But For the past 5 or 6 years Cookeville has dominated for the most part.

Why do I think Cookeville will be better this year? Cookeville is young, but very talented. They have a strong senior class. They have a few positions that are still in need but overall much better from last year. And don't forget, Cookeville gave Smyrna their best game last year in the first round for those who saw..

Just wondering, but how do the other teams in the region look compared to last year? Better? or About the same?

Lincoln Co. lost people in key positions. Do have a good transfer, but one of the coaches told me that the offensive line was going to have to step up. Some good talent has come in as sophomores, but probably will not be used that much. Would not surprise me to see L.C. down just a tad, just calling it like I see it. I guess we'll find out in just under 3 weeks. Can't wait!!!

Lincoln Co. lost people in key positions. Do have a good transfer, but one of the coaches told me that the offensive line was going to have to step up. Some good talent has come in as sophomores, but probably will not be used that much. Would not surprise me to see L.C. down just a tad, just calling it like I see it. I guess we'll find out in just under 3 weeks. Can't wait!!!

The offensive line has stepped up quite a bit. With the transfer from Brentwood and a bruising fullback running it hard up in there, I think Lincoln Co. will look quite a bit different.

Didn't cookeville win the region? they weren't very impressive but still won the region! I don't expect Joslin to have two down years in a row. Joslin unimpressive but still reg. champs. He'll be above average this year. cookeville wins region without being challenged. Lincoln second with maybe coffee challenging them. Franklin 4th with maybe a challenge from Warren, Cumberland nowhere to be seen.

NO! Cookeville did not win the region last year, L.C. did, by defeating them at home towards the end of the year. Best I remember, Cookeville lost 9 or 10 starters of their offense last year and several off defense too. We (L.C.) also lost several players off both sides of the ball too, so it will come down to the head to head meeting again this year. But you can't count out C.C. or F.C. with their new coach and offense either. We have a new transfer that came in this summer, Tate Mustin,(L.B. R.B.) he is a player and will help on both sides of the ball for sure.

The offensive line has stepped up quite a bit. With the transfer from Brentwood and a bruising fullback running it hard up in there, I think Lincoln Co. will look quite a bit different.

Glad to hear the line has stepped it up, and by the looks of the photo in the local paper, they really worked hard at camp. Nothing would make me any happier than to be wrong, and L.C. be improved over last year. I heard that at the passing scrimmage at Hazel Green, I think it was, L.C. beat the other teams there. If that's the case, the passing game should be good. There's talk that the defense is one of the strongest in the reigon, if these things come together, L.C. may be someone to deal with for the reigon title again.

This year will be a very competitive year like it was last year. Franklin Co. and Coffee Co. have new coaches and are looking to make a statement. I would say that it will be very balanced from top to bottom with the exception of Cumberland Co. which still is a season or two away (if they can pass a budget up there). Lincoln Co. and Cookeville will be front runners again. and Coffee Co. Franklin Co. and Warren Co. will be in the playoff mix. This region is getting better every year.

This year will be a very competitive year like it was last year. Franklin Co. and Coffee Co. have new coaches and are looking to make a statement. I would say that it will be very balanced from top to bottom with the exception of Cumberland Co. which still is a season or two away (if they can pass a budget up there). Lincoln Co. and Cookeville will be front runners again. and Coffee Co. Franklin Co. and Warren Co. will be in the playoff mix. This region is getting better every year.

What region are you watching? Better every year? What time frame are we looking in?

I was with you till you said this region is getting better every year. Lincoln County and Cookeville are solid and that is about it. Hopefully Coffee County and Frankin County will improve this year with the new blood they have in their, but that remains to be seen.