THS VIKING SCHEDULE

THSVIKINGS11

Comp. your boy has already signed rite? I think as much as u care about DB football that he really should have went to DB.Cause I get the drift that alot of u county folks like to live outside the city limits and throw in your 2 cents worth on how our football is this or that.Really not trying to be unfriendly,just the way I see it.And if u are who I think u are,your boy would just be average on this team IMO.

Ouch! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> That otta' start a leaf fire!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the Vikings finishing 8-2 or 7-3. I feel confident they will lose to DB and South. I have never witnessed them beat DB and I do not think they have the defense or the OFFENSE to start this year. It will not shock me to see an Indian 20 point win. After opening with a loss they must be careful because Science Hill, Johnson County, or Betsy could sneak up on them. I think they will lose by a TD to South to end the regular season. Just some thougts from an old guy that does not know much. Good luck Vikings and I'll try to watch you guys two or three times this year (always fun to watch in the castle)

Comp. your boy has already signed rite? I think as much as u care about DB football that he really should have went to DB.Cause I get the drift that alot of u county folks like to live outside the city limits and throw in your 2 cents worth on how our football is this or that.Really not trying to be unfriendly,just the way I see it.And if u are who I think u are,your boy would just be average on this team IMO.

Well, based on his HS career so far that would be a percentage assumption. I won't make a State of the Confederacy address but it's one shot, all or nothing and maybe that does something to a young man and maybe not. Yes, we considered going to DB and very seriously but so did others and some as seriously as I. Yes, I am proud of DB. And yes, maybe just a bit jealous...but more than anything it's admiration. And do I think my boy would have had a better career at DB? Who's to say...I am way past that. But I do not doubt for one second that he could have been a contender. That said, I will let him do the talking because that is all that matters now. As far as him already signing, I don't feel that is a fair statement coming from you...maybe others but not you. It's OK though because it's just a little talk. But to say that we sit just outside the city limits and comment on your program from our "expert point of view" is really not much different than you all do to us. And if you are basing that statement on my views on CS of late then all I was asking from DB people (as in my posting thread with Bud) was for them to be straight up about CS and his age and his ability. I was correct in the point I was bringing home and I don't need anyone to agree with me on that even though Bud did agree on that one particular point. And furthermore, I feel Bristol will field one of the best squads they have in a while for '08 meanwhile I am of the mind that DB is unstable as of yet. And when I say that I want nothing more than for DB to go all the way it is sincere because I have seen them have the talent to do so and watched it slip through their fingers so many times. I tend to agree with Waco in this regard in that they will probably do it with a squad with less than optimal talent. That said, GC has the uncanny ability to take a mediocre' athlete and make a world beater out of him. And yes, nothing would be sweeter than to have two Gold Balls in Kingsport in the same year. According to Cap we had our chance and he is correct and so it makes us look like also rans. However, I will not allude any longer to the quality and depth of the '08 Rebels here on T for it is time to "Walk the Walk". So if that sounds as though I have my doubts about the quality of this season then I will admit that I am concerned in one or two ways. But hey, in '07 preseason I was convinced we would be in the 'Borro come late November. And we as they say, got schooled. And in regard to Jamie I feel he is very much on par with Bradley at the present time however I do feel Bradley will explode after a couple of games because as I stated before it is one shot. And one last thing in regard to Bradley, it had to be one of the hardest things a young man could do to sit on the sideline game after game year after year waiting his turn. It was his decision to stay and there will be a price to pay for that. Curt got better every year. Any athlete would. So to have one year to do it all in is...some serious walking. You and all the people inside the City are welcome to break it down any way you see fit and I fully well expect to see a post with the '06 score on it even yet again as I'm sure we will continue to field our opinions.

Anybody leaving DB to go to North must REALLY hate DB.

No, they really hate South.

And what position does your boy play?