CAK vs Boyd

HSfootball54

LEGEND, I typically don't post on coacht too much because i can't stand all the trash talking that goes on. AND, from what I hear, there is only one, maybe two (reaction) living legends, so I would fall way short /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Reaction, I'm with you. It might be fair to say they got a little comfortable in the second quarter. How big was the goal line stand to end the second quarter? CAK punches it in there, it could have been a different game.

As for the cramps, I'm not positive but talking to a few who cramped up, they admitted they didn't take the best care of themselves with fluids this week. I think they are well conditioned but if well conditioned athletes don't hydrate properly, they will cramp on hot nights. Hopefully, they learn a lesson from it and it doesn't cost them a game.

I think this will be a good bbs team to watch. We have a tough schedule but should help come playoff time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LEGEND, I typically don't post on coacht too much because i can't stand all the trash talking that goes on. AND, from what I hear, there is only one, maybe two (reaction) living legends, so I would fall way short /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Reaction, I'm with you. It might be fair to say they got a little comfortable in the second quarter. How big was the goal line stand to end the second quarter? CAK punches it in there, it could have been a different game.

As for the cramps, I'm not positive but talking to a few who cramped up, they admitted they didn't take the best care of themselves with fluids this week. I think they are well conditioned but if well conditioned athletes don't hydrate properly, they will cramp on hot nights. Hopefully, they learn a lesson from it and it doesn't cost them a game.

I think this will be a good bbs team to watch. We have a tough schedule but should help come playoff time.

I agree we got the tools. Can be a good year for us. Nic made it past the first game. We have already overachieved. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bb proved me wrong.. They took care of business against CAK. The difference was they took care of the ball and CAK did not. 5 turnovers..5turnovers.. Your not going to beat any good teams turning the ball over that many times. Having said that, these two teams most likely play again in the playoffs.

From my point of view, the last cheap shot looked pretty malicious. Our QB was already on the knee, and the O and D lines were just barely going through the motions, understanding that the QB was taking a knee. 10 other players for CAK did what was right...this one hot head just couldn't control his frustration. He's lucky he wasn't ejected as well.

The hit at the end of the game by the linebacker was before the whistle was snapped and the knee was down. The LB was just trying to make a last effort to get the ball back after they lost it at such a rough time in the game. The DB's play for CAK was unacceptable and should've never happened. That is not normal CAK athletics. It was a stupid play by a new starter. Congrats to Boyd and good luck to both teams. Go Warriors!

5 turnovers and you only lose by 7 points? CAK got lucky they weren't playing alcoa this week, because 1. Alcoa would have torched them for 80+ points with sloppy play like that, and 2. well it doesnt matter how cak plays against alcoa cause they'll get torched for 80 points anyways. #29 for CAK is not to representing of his school for getting tossed like that. It really is pitiful to have a classless person wanting to grab all the attention like that. As for the game, like i said 5 turnovers a game and cak will be lucky to pull out 2 wins this season. boyd is no powerhouse and i cant say caks defense was that great anyways. All they did was run the ball and cak still couldnt win. Cak is a tad overrated especially looking at all they lost from last season, still ranked as high as they are...but what can we say its only a game into the season. better fix those mistakes though.

From my point of view, the last cheap shot looked pretty malicious. Our QB was already on the knee, and the O and D lines were just barely going through the motions, understanding that the QB was taking a knee. 10 other players for CAK did what was right...this one hot head just couldn't control his frustration. He's lucky he wasn't ejected as well.

I agree that the DB was way out of line and should have been punished! As for the last play, emotions where running and he was HIT before his knee hit the ground!!!! Besides the linebacker was unblocked, maybe an offensive lineman should have protected the QB. If you are going to take a knee do so, don't stand around, or at least that is what I would tell my QB to do if he where in that situation (and if i coached).

Congrats to Boyd on the win

Good job BUCS!!! Best of luck to a classy CAK program. O-Line, you have to play the final snap, even when the QB is taking a knee. The BUC offence looked smooth. Good play calling. Got the plays in, controlled the ball and looked very good, especially for the first game of the season. CAK will win a lot of games this year. We beat a very good team. ADVICE: DRINK WATER, LOTS OF WATER. BANNANAS and / or PICKLE JUICE.

CAK has their work cut out for them with a tough schedule. 3 wins they got last year were against Boyd, Cherokee, and Page. All 3 appear to be improved this year. Next up is Cherokee a 4A squad and couple weeks later Page, a 3A squad. Add in D2 Webb and Alcoa, Loudon, Sweetwater, Rockwood and you have a tough schedule.

Having said that, I have watched CAK at 7 on 7, scrimmages, and the jamboree. The performance seen against Boyd is not indicative of what this team is capable of. Not taking anything away from Boyd, they got it done and are an impressive team. But the level of execution Friday was not up to what CAK is capable of based on previous observations against 3A Carter, 4A Halls, and 5A Bearden and Oak Ridge. When clicking on all cylinders, this team can hold their own against most anyone. I fully expect to see a very focused team, beginning with 4A Cherokee. Once again, thanks to Boyd for your hospitality. I was sitting in the stands before the game thinking about how much I hope these two schools will find a way to continue this series. These 2 Christian schools with great athletic programs have a lot in common and I'd love to see a friendly rivalry develop. I'll be pulling for our friends at Boyd to have a great 2008 season.

Way to go Bucs! My crew here in Marion County all give you a big /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck on the rest of your season except for one game!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good point preacher man. If you would post a little more then you could become one of our newest Living Legends here on the T.

oh boy....that's just what we need. an inflated "preacherman" ego. great. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

from what i hear, the bucs have several things to work on. but, a win is a win. good work.