White House @ Portland-Week 1

Olred

Back to the old rivary talk so everybody give me your picks. i heard that Portland is a much improved team. Not to mention that they have 8 returning starters on both sides of the ball. i saw the game between the two last year and portland gave White house a run for their money even with 7 turnovers good luck to both teams.

Should be a good game.WH also returns alot of starters and alot of experience.They do have alot of early season injuries but from what I understand most everyone should be back by weeks end.A couple of others maybe 2 weeks. Did your QB from last year transfer to MT. Juliet?Just a rumor I heard, do you know?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cat, Just trying to keep it real. It sure will be nice when he gets kicked off again so we can talk about football again.But wait, he'll come back again with another lame name.

Saw your field Saturday Cat, Looking good /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah I only wish someone would groom my yard like THAT. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> They coaches and parents work really hard on that field and made us proud with the updates. I miss the mojo of the previous homeside but we really needed an upgrade. The scrimmage against Springfield had the crowd of a real game. It was cool to see that many people turn out. I DO like having he setting sun at our backs. A major plus of switching sides. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> We're going to enjoy our new baseball park too. Guess we're growing...slowly but surely. But nothing like having a Walmart planted in town. I see all those WH and WHH tshirts, socks and blankets hanging all over that place. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> You guys won't ever run out of t's with that stuff they market.

Some think the WH- Portland has lost some appeal because of the different classifications...but I would beg to differ. The game, to me, is actually better than ever as on several occasions these two teams had to play each other in the playoffs...... and one of the better teams season was over.

Great atmosphere game, like several that are played in Sumner and Robertson counties.

My self thinks that it is one of the best rivarlys around. i enjoy watching the game between the two every year. A guy from portland told me that the did loose their number two quaterback and went to Mt juilet but the willamson boy is back and healthy from what i hear. I hope both teams stay healthy and have a good game.

Always a good game, doesn't matter how good or bad the other team is. They play hard for 4 quarters. They are both well coached and they have been playing for years. I think Portland leads the series 22-17. Got it off White House's website. The Blue Devils have won the last two games. Portland has gone through a new coaching staff, and has played very young players the past couple of years. They now have Srs, and Jrs on the field. While White House has had some pretty talented teams the past couple of years, going to the playoffs (and in my opinion they should have beat Pearl last year. WHHS was the much better team but thats niether here nor there) and from what I heard they have a lot of talent returning. They had 2 backs over 1,000 yards(Payne and Dixon) last year and have a preseason all-state player in Parker. With both teams being open in week zero, you best believe both coaching staff will have there team ready for THE BEST RIVALRY IN THE STATE. To everyone else read the post. If you want to talk about Pearl, Greenbrier, and Smith co start another thread. This is about PHS vs. WHHS! Good Luck to both teams and "let the best man win".

Always a good game, doesn't matter how good or bad the other team is. They play hard for 4 quarters. They are both well coached and they have been playing for years. I think Portland leads the series 22-17. Got it off White House's website. The Blue Devils have won the last two games. Portland has gone through a new coaching staff, and has played very young players the past couple of years. They now have Srs, and Jrs on the field. While White House has had some pretty talented teams the past couple of years, going to the playoffs (and in my opinion they should have beat Pearl last year. WHHS was the much better team but thats niether here nor there) and from what I heard they have a lot of talent returning. They had 2 backs over 1,000 yards(Payne and Dixon) last year and have a preseason all-state player in Parker. With both teams being open in week zero, you best believe both coaching staff will have there team ready for THE BEST RIVALRY IN THE STATE. To everyone else read the post. If you want to talk about Pearl, Greenbrier, and Smith co start another thread. This is about PHS vs. WHHS! Good Luck to both teams and "let the best man win".

IS THEIR A PRESEASON ALL-STATE TEAM?

Murphy Fair Book

if there are other pre-season All-State teams i would like to know about them to

SO PARKER WAS ON IT THEN??? THATS AWESOME IF HE WAS. I THINK WHITE HOUSE HAS SEVERAL PLAYERS THIS YEAR WHO COULD MAKE IT OR MAKE HONORABLE MENTION . TROX., PAYNE, CHAD NEAL , PARKER, DUTY, LITTLES , EDGAR, BARRETT, THE BIG TACKLE , CHASE NEAL, #2 PAYNE, . THEIR ARE OTHER VERY GOOD PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM ALSO. LOTS OF TALENT AT THE SKILL POSITIONS. I DONT SEE HOW YOU COULD KEY ON ANY ONE PERSON. IF THE O-LINE CAN STEP IT UP THEN IT COULD BE A VERY FUN YEAR. BUT WINNING IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN INDIVIDUAL AWARDS. WHEN YOU WIN YOU WILL GET THE RECOGNITION.

SO PARKER WAS ON IT THEN??? THATS AWESOME IF HE WAS. I THINK WHITE HOUSE HAS SEVERAL PLAYERS THIS YEAR WHO COULD MAKE IT OR MAKE HONORABLE MENTION . TROX., PAYNE, CHAD NEAL , PARKER, DUTY, LITTLES , EDGAR, BARRETT, THE BIG TACKLE , CHASE NEAL, #2 PAYNE, . THEIR ARE OTHER VERY GOOD PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM ALSO. LOTS OF TALENT AT THE SKILL POSITIONS. I DONT SEE HOW YOU COULD KEY ON ANY ONE PERSON. IF THE O-LINE CAN STEP IT UP THEN IT COULD BE A VERY FUN YEAR. BUT WINNING IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN INDIVIDUAL AWARDS. WHEN YOU WIN YOU WILL GET THE RECOGNITION.

BLAINE BOONE WAS ON OFFENSE,PARKER ON DEFENSE