The Battle of the Boro

voodoochild

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last yr, I would bet that Coach A won't discount Oakland either. Had our offense stayed on the field a bit more, we would have gotten that streak broken. Many of the RHS players told me after that game that no one hit them harder than our D did last year.

our defense dominated that game we moved the ball up and down the feild but couldnt get more points...(not going to get on my wing T rant)but we played sloppy that game offensivly and our defense was stout and it should be again this year so i look for more of the same as each year...RIVERDALE WINS AGAIN

The "Battle of the Boro' was NOT started by Murphy Fair. It came about naturally when they split Murfreesboro Central into the two schools of Riverdale and Oakland. BOTH teams wanted the bragging rights about who was BEST in the City of Murfreesboro as M'boro Central WAS a major power in football in this state then. Just a little actual history lesson from one who lived it!

Now we have 4 schools in the City limits, but none of them has the distinction of beating R'dale except Oakland! For that the 'Battle' still has meaning.

Now hopefully we will NOT start out again this year like any other plain vanilla Metro team because at R'dale that just does NOT cut it. While Metro maybe satisfied with a winning season with one or two losses, players from R'dale should always go for the real goal of 15-0!

I figure I was right and the 'Fish' is another Metro fanatic. Somebody feed him some hushpuppies because he knows 'someone' at R'dale that played at that nationally know football powerhouse of UT Martin! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thus endith todays history lesson!

Go Warriors!!

I think it is going to a great game...I expect the whole place will be rockin. I still give the edge to Riverdale but it will be one of the best games in a long time. IMO, last year was closer and more exciting because both teams played poorly. This year will be close and exciting because both teams will play well.

I say again...Go Warriors!!!

Well I hope the rain will hold off and NOT be like the monsoon game we played against Lebanon a few years ago. That was a MESS!

Did my pregame training last night and had 3 hotdogs off the grill here at home! Wasn't as good as Oaklands dogs though and did not have a great football game to watch with them.

COME on Friday!

The "Battle of the Boro' was NOT started by Murphy Fair. It came about naturally when they split Murfreesboro Central into the two schools of Riverdale and Oakland. BOTH teams wanted the bragging rights about who was BEST in the City of Murfreesboro as M'boro Central WAS a major power in football in this state then. Just a little actual history lesson from one who lived it!

Now we have 4 schools in the City limits, but none of them has the distinction of beating R'dale except Oakland! For that the 'Battle' still has meaning.

Now hopefully we will NOT start out again this year like any other plain vanilla Metro team because at R'dale that just does NOT cut it. While Metro maybe satisfied with a winning season with one or two losses, players from R'dale should always go for the real goal of 15-0!

I figure I was right and the 'Fish' is another Metro fanatic. Somebody feed him some hushpuppies because he knows 'someone' at R'dale that played at that nationally know football powerhouse of UT Martin! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thus endith todays history lesson!

Amen Murphy Fair is a legend in his own mind. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />