Grace and Signal Mountain

420trap

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on Grace and Signal Mountain

If I'm not mistaking, I think SM had 4 and Grace had 3 during the varsity part of it. Watching the game, both teams dominated on defense most the time, but just when it seemed like the defense would hold, the other team would break one for a TD. Grace looked like that had some issues on the offensive part of the ball with snaps that hurt them some and it looked like a few of their key starters were on the side lines not dressed, probably hurt. SM looks solid for a first year program and runs the wing very well...even throw out of it quite a bit. I would say Grace gave them a much better scrimmage though Grace looked a bit sloppy last night unlike last week against Grace Knoxville. I'm sure that will be worked out quickly though. It was fun to watch and good luck to SM in the start of their program!

If I'm not mistaking, I think SM had 4 and Grace had 3 during the varsity part of it. Watching the game, both teams dominated on defense most the time, but just when it seemed like the defense would hold, the other team would break one for a TD. Grace looked like that had some issues on the offensive part of the ball with snaps that hurt them some and it looked like a few of their key starters were on the side lines not dressed, probably hurt. SM looks solid for a first year program and runs the wing very well...even throw out of it quite a bit. I would say Grace gave them a much better scrimmage though Grace looked a bit sloppy last night unlike last week against Grace Knoxville. I'm sure that will be worked out quickly though. It was fun to watch and good luck to SM in the start of their program!

1st team was a tie 3 to 3

jv was singnal mtn 2 to grace 1

1st team was a tie 3 to 3

jv was singnal mtn 2 to grace 1

OK, cool...I had heard 3 to 3 also but from others 4-3 and didn't want to ruffle any feathers by saying 3-3 and it not being true. It's just a scrimmage. If I had to guess, I would say in an actual game it would still be close but I think Grace has more skilled players as well as experience to win. But like I said, this is a good first year team and they were impressive.

OK, cool...I had heard 3 to 3 also but from others 4-3 and didn't want to ruffle any feathers by saying 3-3 and it not being true. It's just a scrimmage. If I had to guess, I would say in an actual game it would still be close but I think Grace has more skilled players as well as experience to win. But like I said, this is a good first year team and they were impressive.

This was a good scrimmage to watch. I thought Grace would be a little more challenging than Whitwell and they were. The Grace defense was tough but they appeared to struggle a little on offense. They were able to score but they came on the legs of their QB. He had 3 long touchdown runs and a couple appeared to come off broken plays, he was very impressive running the ball. However, outside of the QB they didn’t do much. I understand from some of the Grace parents their best receiver is out, maybe that made a difference.

Signal Mountain looked pretty good. The offense didn’t look as crisp as last week against Whitwell, but the Grace defense was very tough and didn’t give up much. I still believe the SM offense is ahead of their defense, so I think the Grace faithful should feel pretty good about their defensive performance in this game. The SM defense looked good but gave up the long TD runs to the Grace QB. On a couple they had him in the backfield and let him go (makes for a perfect coaching moment).

The good news for Signal Mountain fans is the first two scrimmages have been against Varsity teams and they have done great. It’s hard to believe we have no seniors and only a few juniors and are matching up this well. I would say the future of SM football looks very bright. Coach Price and his staff have done a great job getting this program off and running.

This was a good scrimmage to watch. I thought Grace would be a little more challenging than Whitwell and they were. The Grace defense was tough but they appeared to struggle a little on offense. They were able to score but they came on the legs of their QB. He had 3 long touchdown runs and a couple appeared to come off broken plays, he was very impressive running the ball. However, outside of the QB they didn’t do much. I understand from some of the Grace parents their best receiver is out, maybe that made a difference.

Signal Mountain looked pretty good. The offense didn’t look as crisp as last week against Whitwell, but the Grace defense was very tough and didn’t give up much. I still believe the SM offense is ahead of their defense, so I think the Grace faithful should feel pretty good about their defensive performance in this game. The SM defense looked good but gave up the long TD runs to the Grace QB. On a couple they had him in the backfield and let him go (makes for a perfect coaching moment).

The good news for Signal Mountain fans is the first two scrimmages have been against Varsity teams and they have done great. It’s hard to believe we have no seniors and only a few juniors and are matching up this well. I would say the future of SM football looks very bright. Coach Price and his staff have done a great job getting this program off and running.

Correct, their top receiver from last year was out as well as two top linemen, one of them a center...both of them seniors. It looked like they were also missing another senior, a guy who played multiple positions last year and kicks for them. Haven't heard anything on them being out long, so hopefully they will be back by the time season begins. Their offense should be just fine, its good to see their defense stepping up this year.

Correct, their top receiver from last year was out as well as two top linemen, one of them a center...both of them seniors. It looked like they were also missing another senior, a guy who played multiple positions last year and kicks for them. Haven't heard anything on them being out long, so hopefully they will be back by the time season begins. Their offense should be just fine, its good to see their defense stepping up this year.

Grace had four staters out on offense, 3 lineman and last years leading receiver in the city, two of them also start on defense. The Grace players looked a little slow and tired. I think that was because the Jr's and Sr's were on a over night trip and stayed up to about 4 o'clock in the morning.

Signal mt. looked really good, they are not your typical first year program. It looked like they had 55~60 kids and some good athletes and well coached, they are good enough to play a varsity schedule this year.