Huntingdon at Milan

theplayer

I think milan may be overrated. They may win and should win, but if they were that good trenton wouldn't have beat them last year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Having played on a team that played trenton last year I have to say that trenton was very good. The combination of Harper and some quick receivers on offense and some very talented d-linemen on defense made them a threat. My team also played milan last year and we managed to keep it close for awhile, but trenton jumped out on us quick. But that was last year...and from what I have heard Milan is looking very good this year. And as for the prediction I will take Milan 35-14.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

Here's a little history:

This year's season opener will be the 77th meeting between Milan and Huntingdon. Milan leads the all-time series 42-33-1, which dates back to the start of modern records for both programs in 1930. The Bulldogs lead the regular season meetings 38-30-1, and the playoff meetings 4-3.

Since '99, the home team has had the advantage in this rivalry. Huntingdon is 5-2 at Paul Ward and Milan is 5-1 at Johnnie Hale. In addition, Coach Morris has a losing record against only one team he's played three or more times - Huntingdon. He's 8-9 vs. the Mustangs.

Records don't decide who wins, but I thought this was pretty interesting.

Here's a little history:

This year's season opener will be the 77th meeting between Milan and Huntingdon. Milan leads the all-time series 42-33-1, which dates back to the start of modern records for both programs in 1930. The Bulldogs lead the regular season meetings 38-30-1, and the playoff meetings 4-3.

Since '99, the home team has had the advantage in this rivalry. Huntingdon is 5-2 at Paul Ward and Milan is 5-1 at Johnnie Hale. In addition, Coach Morris has a losing record against only one team he's played three or more times - Huntingdon. He's 8-9 vs. the Mustangs.

Records don't decide who wins, but I thought this was pretty interesting.

Hopefully he will be 9-9 after week 1 and get a chance later in the year to improve it again. Should be a hard fought game. The Bulldogs sure had a lot of weapons in the jamboree, but that really means little come week 1.

Milan looked good friday at the jamboree. but give me a break about how much bigger and badder they are this year. They are always good. every year! but they played JCM! a team who absolutley is going to get killed this year. Milan has talent. but not enough to win state. I think Milan is going to lose some games they shoul win this year. AKA Huntington 28 Milan 27.

Milan looked good friday at the jamboree. but give me a break about how much bigger and badder they are this year. They are always good. every year! but they played JCM! a team who absolutley is going to get killed this year. Milan has talent. but not enough to win state. I think Milan is going to lose some games they shoul win this year. AKA Huntington 28 Milan 27.

Huntington 28 Milan 27? are you serious? Haha you have got to be kidding me. They have nothing. Milan beats them excuse me slaughters them by atleast 17. Milan will run thru, over, and around them. There will be no stopping "Moo". And i take it you are from USJ ha that'll be a very sad story when we play yall. Yall might as well go ahead and throw in the white towel while yall still can. I say we put up 40+ on yall to your 1 td which will be scored on our 3rd string. Get ready to see Milan do big things this year very BIG things. Go M Town. Bantch

You're an idiot for making an assessment like that. I thought USJ was full of smart kids? Milan will pumble every team they play this year during the regular season and their first true test won't come until the state semi's until they play a team like Goodpasture or CPA and even then I think Milan wins. Milan has EVERYONE back and will make a run at the gold.

Wow, sounds like we should just forfeit 2a high school football in Tennessee and just play one game in December, Milan v. Alcoa. Careful boys, careful. Pride can be a dangerous thing.

Not to mention it also puts a much larger target on your team's back. It is good to be confident but can be very dangerous to be cocky. You have to bring it every Friday night and there is no promise these boys can do that. Do they look good - heck yes, they look great but so did the 03' team. Anything can happen on a given night from an key injury (last year) to a off night combined with an opponent that has a great gameplan and execution. A lot of people are assuming this Bulldog team will roll through the regular season undefeated and I hope and pray they do but the kids have to stay focused everytime they hit the field. I'm not trying to pour water on anybody's fire but it is a long season and the last thing this team needs is to relax and let up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not to mention it also puts a much larger target on your team's back. It is good to be confident but can be very dangerous to be cocky. You have to bring it every Friday night and there is no promise these boys can do that. Do they look good - heck yes, they look great but so did the 03' team. Anything can happen on a given night from an key injury (last year) to a off night combined with an opponent that has a great gameplan and execution. A lot of people are assuming this Bulldog team will roll through the regular season undefeated and I hope and pray they do but the kids have to stay focused everytime they hit the field. I'm not trying to pour water on anybody's fire but it is a long season and the last thing this team needs is to relax and let up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Exactly! It's also different when the game is a BIG rivalry such as Huntingdon vs. Milan. Lots of emotion with two talented teams & coaches makes an interesting game. Alot depends on how Milan handles the pre-season pressure that ALOT of folks are putting on them. Milan will be okay if they play every game to win instead of playing not to lose. I'll take Milan over Huntingdon in a close one!