All sports gone in Cumberland county?

brumfield

This might be a blessing in disguise for these poor football teams. Just think about the low morale and the humiliation from your peers with loss after loss. At least Stone and Crossville won't have to worry about that. Go Oneida.

Your mouth is writing checks your ego can't cash young man. Show so compassion for these boys and girls who dont have the opportunity to go out and represent their school, no matter how good or bad they might be. All of the kids should transfer out of Crossiville and never come back. I'm sure Bledsoe, Sequatchie and other surrounding counties would gladly take them.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a blessing in disguise for these poor football teams. Just think about the low morale and the humiliation from your peers with loss after loss. At least Stone and Crossville won't have to worry about that. Go Oneida.

WTH!! This post has to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever read......take it you must be really young with no kids.....thank God for that.

I bet the good people from Scott Co are so proud of you! You are a idiot.

This is alot bigger than football this is kids being left out and going to be left behind. I'm sure Rockwood, Harriman, Bledsoe, York, Rhea Co and all the other schools around would love to have these kids because the more kids the more $ the state gives.

This is just an idea and might not even make a difference, but....

How about everyone on coacht banning together for the interest of these students and e-mail TSSAA in support of allowing the kids to transfer if the school system and county commissioners can't do the responsible thing.

Again, just an idea....

That would be nice, but what about the students who are not athletes? Are they just supposed to sit at home and do nothing? And what about the districts the kids transfer to? Can they handle the overload, and are they willing to spend money on out-of-district students?

Of course, if mom and dad move out of the district, the kid would be eligible at his new school. And if I were a parent in Cumberland County, I would be seriously considering moving. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

That would be nice, but what about the students who are not athletes? Are they just supposed to sit at home and do nothing? And what about the districts the kids transfer to? Can they handle the overload, and are they willing to spend money on out-of-district students?

Of course, if mom and dad move out of the district, the kid would be eligible at his new school. And if I were a parent in Cumberland County, I would be seriously considering moving. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

You bring up some good points. I was just offering up an idea, and of course there are probably more details other than the ones you have pointed out. Maybe just contacting the school board members and county commissioners of Cumberland County would be the best idea. Of course they would probably tell us it was none of our business (the ones outside of Cumberland County), but maybe by doing so, it would draw so much publicity that it would force their hand to do something other than what they are doing.

Wouldn't this in some way violate the No Child Left Behind Act if it continued very long? I don't know, maybe someone could do some research or might know enough about it to answer this question. I do know that if there was something I could do, I would be doing it. These students are being punished (although they probably enjoy the extra time away from school).

Looks like things are getting worse.

http://www.crossville-chronicle.com/homepa...eadpicturestory

BREAKING NEWS: County mayor sues school board

By Gary Nelson / gnelson@crossville-chronicle.com

Cumberland County Mayor Brock Hill has filed a lawsuit in Chancery Court against the Cumberland County Board of Education.

According to the suit that was filed Thursday at 2:20 p.m., Hill alleges that the special-called meeting the school board held Aug. 8 was in violation of Tennessee Code Annotated (TCA) 8-44-101 et. seq. (often called "The Sunshine Law") and is therefore improper and illegal without adequate public notice.

The suit alleges the special-called meeting was called by the Cumberland County director of schools and not the chairman of the BOE. This meeting was the meeting in which the BOE made the decision to postpone the opening of Cumberland County schools for the 2008-'09 school year.

In the suit, Hill also alleges that the action of that meeting the students and citizens of Cumberland County have been irreparably harmed.

The suit also seeks the Cumberland County Board of Education to "revert to its previously and lawfully established school calendar and begin the 2008 school term immediately."

Hill was not available for comment.

Please check the Crossville Chronicle Web site over the weekend for updates on this breaking news story and read the complete story in Tuesday's Crossville Chronicle.

Thanks for all the support from coach T members! Every town has a village idiot, I guess Oneida's is ask_me.

Brumfield I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. On behalf of many fans in Oneida, we are sorry that ask_me got on this thread and posted what he did. He claims to be a supporter of us, but we are SURE he is not affiliated in any way. He has jumped on many threads and bashed many teams. Please do not think Oneida fans act this way because THEY DON"T.

As for the school situation, I for one hope everything works out and the kids get back in school and get back to playing sports. I can't imagine what you all are going through. I think youns need a new ELECTION and quick!!!

The news in Knoxville reported tonight that one of the school board members resigned with only a few weeks left in his term. Is there an election coming up in Cumberland County? Maybe its time for some write-in candidates. They also reported that there would be a meeting Saturday to see if they could operate on the bare minimum.

The news in Knoxville reported tonight that one of the school board members resigned with only a few weeks left in his term. Is there an election coming up in Cumberland County? Maybe its time for some write-in candidates. They also reported that there would be a meeting Saturday to see if they could operate on the bare minimum.

All of the board members and elected people in the local government should be forced to resign. This is absolutely ridiculous and will eventually garnish (if it hasn't already) national attention. Shame on everyone who has a hand in this.

This is one of the most stupidest things I've heard in a long time!!! How can a person live with themselves, knowing that they have robbed these young men and women of there chance in the lights???!!! What is holding them back from doing it anyways? I'm sure these communities can pull together and make something happen. I'm pulling for you here in Smith County!!! The kids are the ones your hurting!!!