week 0 BA vs. Indy any ideas......

overseascoach

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Indy plays well and BA plays like they have played the last two weeks, it is anyone's game. Right now we are not close to what I was expecting. Our QB situation is about the same as last year. I expect Indy to come out with the fire and intensity that Oakland and Hillsboro have shown and we have not. I am not panicking, but I am not as relaxed as I thought I would be.

USA1, I am with you. I have attended 2 scrimmages (DCHS and HHS) and BA is sluggish. There is not much "fire" and intensity. I suspect that they have a leadership void right now on this team. Lots of talent, but not many vocal leaders.

Jabari Tuani-McKissack and Mason Graham, for example, were 2 excellent Sr. leaders last year, and the team this year is still young. Most skill players are Soph/Jr's. Also, with the Defensive Coordinator change, it's a totally new scheme, and that means more "thinking" than reacting as they learn where to be and what to do.

The Hillsboro scrimmage was a Godsend, in that it forced the team to rally from behind and dig deep. They still "lost" the scrimmage (3 quarters) on a 57 yd field goal, but the rally from behind brought out a lot of fire in this team. I predict a slower start to the year, and IHS will come in jacked up and gunning for BA, so they better have their ankles taped and mouthpieces in!

In the end, I predict BA will be just fine, but this team still has some growing to do to live up to it's potential, and my money is on the Eagles! I have a great deal of confidence in Coach Potter.

USA1, I am with you. I have attended 2 scrimmages (DCHS and HHS) and BA is sluggish. There is not much "fire" and intensity. I suspect that they have a leadership void right now on this team. Lots of talent, but not many vocal leaders.

Jabari Tuani-McKissack and Mason Graham, for example, were 2 excellent Sr. leaders last year, and the team this year is still young. Most skill players are Soph/Jr's. Also, with the Defensive Coordinator change, it's a totally new scheme, and that means more "thinking" than reacting as they learn where to be and what to do.

The Hillsboro scrimmage was a Godsend, in that it forced the team to rally from behind and dig deep. They still "lost" the scrimmage (3 quarters) on a 57 yd field goal, but the rally from behind brought out a lot of fire in this team. I predict a slower start to the year, and IHS will come in jacked up and gunning for BA, so they better have their ankles taped and mouthpieces in!

In the end, I predict BA will be just fine, but this team still has some growing to do to live up to it's potential, and my money is on the Eagles! I have a great deal of confidence in Coach Potter.

I'll have to agree with USA and oblong.... BA has to make some tremendous strides to compete. I understand that last year's quarterback is having trouble gripping the ball and the sophomore quarterback did not see much playing time at all last year. Too many questions at a key position. The leadership issue is also very important. Some seniors need to step up! Independence will be a great test.

I'll have to agree with USA and oblong.... BA has to make some tremendous strides to compete. I understand that last year's quarterback is having trouble gripping the ball and the sophomore quarterback did not see much playing time at all last year. Too many questions at a key position. The leadership issue is also very important. Some seniors need to step up! Independence will be a great test.

i am looking forward to visiting the BA grounds for the first time ever and i am hoping for a close game but i think INDY is a year to late facing BA since they lost 16 starters.

i am looking forward to visiting the BA grounds for the first time ever and i am hoping for a close game but i think INDY is a year to late facing BA since they lost 16 starters.

Those 16 starters played BA last year and lost 35-14.

If BA plays like it has scrimmaged, things could be interesting. Something tells me BA will step it up when the real games begin, however. I still think the game should be a good one.

If that game last year had been finished the same night (rain) the score would have been even more lopsided.

I agree. I attended this game and Indy was completely over matched, especially on the line. This is the one game Crockett was the qb and he was awful. Held the ball too long, even though he was not getting much protection. BA's big back shredded the Indy defense.

you are right Indy couldnt stop BA from moving the chains at all, i am excited to see your (BA defense) and how INDy and Heckman try to go after it -

How is the BA running game looking this year

I think one can only hope and think that there is not going to be a back this year like Chris Jordan last year or even Tyree Ford the two years before that.

I think one can only hope and think that there is not going to be a back this year like Chris Jordan last year or even Tyree Ford the two years before that.

The running game is still strong. We have the back who filled in for Chris Jordan during his injury and rushed for 119 yards against MBA, which is a major accomplishment. We have the same problem as last year. Huge questions a QB and a lot of work to do in the passing game. If you can't create the need for us to pass (like MBA did twice last year), you could be in trouble.

I have heard that BA hasn't looked great in their scrimmages, but I still see them as possibly one of the best in the state. Indy has looked a lot better than I thought they would in preseason, which is encouraging, but I still think this year will go a lot like last year. That won't reflect on Indy's season as a whole though. It helps the Eagles to get beat up a bit at the beginning of the year, as they proved last year.