week 0 BA vs. Indy any ideas......

overseascoach

the fact that 60 yards came on one play doesn't make a difference. Does that mean that IHS's 3 TD's are diminished because they came on long pass plays and not sustained drives? Maybe they were lucky and one of BA's corners tripped or fell down!

Take away that one play, and they rushed for 240+ yards...does that qualify as "controlling the line of scrimmage"? Don't have the stats, but if they rushed it for 40 plays that is 6 yards per rushing attempt.

All the different scenarios of when they scored, etc. is irrelevant. If IHS had not completed the long pass for the 3rd TD then BA would have been 14 ahead with a minute to go before the last TD...it is a game comprised of 4 12 minute quarters. I certainly get your point! I am responding in the spirit of just healthy debate and not with animosity...

I'm just disappointed that BA's win is considered not convincing enough, that they underperformed, etc. Give BA and IHS some credit for both having good teams.

Expectations, whether built up by the team, fans or by the media, and whether based on fact or on conjecture can be very hard to live up to. As a BA fan, I am thrilled to get the win, but the team I saw on Friday night was not the top team in the state (yet) and the line play was not as dominating as (I think) most thought it would be. This certainly has the potential to be a very good team and should contend for State again (and hopefully win!) -- but to only be up on what is a very young Indy team by 6 points with a couple of minutes left was a surprise to many.

By the way - I totally agree with your comment on the Spirit of the debate. Always better to be debating this type question after a win. We call this a high class problem . . .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well IMO i think BA is a team that lacks heart and is rather overrated.

they are a good team, not a great team.

i think ensworth and MBA will give them a nice beating this year and put them in check

I think it is too early to accurately make that declaration. However, I can't blame you for making those assessments.

I would not bet against you vs. MBA, but I think Ensworth will not pull of the upset.

I think it is too early to accurately make that declaration. However, I can't blame you for making those assessments.

I would not bet against you vs. MBA, but I think Ensworth will not pull of the upset.

well i have a friend who went to the hillsboro vs. ensworth scrimmage and he said that they looked very big and athletic up front as well as a very big back and speedy QB.while i dont remember the final score ensworth put a beating on hillsboro and BA lost in a scrimmage to hillsboro.

i know that comparing a teams scrimmage to another teams scrimmage is not an accurate evaluation of who would win in an actual game but i just cant see BA pulling it out against what will be a very good Ensworth team.

i dont know much about the MBA team but they seem to be a team with great unity and powerhouse standings as of late, what do you know about them?

well i have a friend who went to the hillsboro vs. ensworth scrimmage and he said that they looked very big and athletic up front as well as a very big back and speedy QB.while i dont remember the final score ensworth put a beating on hillsboro and BA lost in a scrimmage to hillsboro.

i know that comparing a teams scrimmage to another teams scrimmage is not an accurate evaluation of who would win in an actual game but i just cant see BA pulling it out against what will be a very good Ensworth team.

i dont know much about the MBA team but they seem to be a team with great unity and powerhouse standings as of late, what do you know about them?

Well according to the experts and the college coaches, BA has the better players over Hillsboro, MBA or Ensworth. I believe them on this point. However, you touched on an important element: "heart". I believe that MBA will be loaded with that, as they always are. I just believe that it is not Ensworth's time, yet. I think they will lose to BA and MBA this year. If BA develops some "heart" and some leadership, they will fulfill their potential. I hate to say this, but it is tough for me to predict this will happen. BA may not even play Ensworth this year, anyway.

Well according to the experts and the college coaches, BA has the better players over Hillsboro, MBA or Ensworth. I believe them on this point. However, you touched on an important element: "heart". I believe that MBA will be loaded with that, as they always are. I just believe that it is not Ensworth's time, yet. I think they will lose to BA and MBA this year. If BA develops some "heart" and some leadership, they will fulfill their potential. I hate to say this, but it is tough for me to predict this will happen. BA may not even play Ensworth this year, anyway.

well IMO the problem at BA is the individuality on the team, the players are more worried about themselvs and whos watching them in the stands than they are about putting in work as a team, and trying to achieve the best and true satisfaction in playing highschool football in getting "THE RING"

well IMO the problem at BA is the individuality on the team, the players are more worried about themselvs and whos watching them in the stands than they are about putting in work as a team, and trying to achieve the best and true satisfaction in playing highschool football in getting "THE RING"

You could be right. There is something going on. I don't know how you could know, however. I don't know, so I can't disagree with you. I can only hope that they will right the ship.

By the way, no matter what. I don't think anyone but Prattville could put a "good beating" on us. I think if we lose to MBA or Ensworth, it will be a hard fought close game as they usually are.

You could be right. There is something going on. I don't know how you could know, however. I don't know, so I can't disagree with you. I can only hope that they will right the ship.

By the way, no matter what. I don't think anyone but Prattville could put a "good beating" on us. I think if we lose to MBA or Ensworth, it will be a hard fought close game as they usually are.

by no means am i saying that i know what is going on at BA, but that is the conclusion i have come to from watching their first game and from inside sources.

but i am sure that there are a few other teams that could put a "beating" on BA.

i still believe that BA is a good team. but i also believe they have gotten a bit cocky with the instate teams

I seriously doubt the ship is in any real trouble. I think people at BA may be getting a bit worked up over a situation that isn't as bad as you think. Sometimes teams get tired. Preseason practice isn't a lot of fun, they've had some quarterback issues, and perhaps they just came out a little listless. If MBA did that, I wouldn't be thrilled, but sometimes it happens. I think if I were a BA fan, I'd focus on the fact that you beat a pretty good team (and a very well coached one) on a night where you weren't really on your game. That's one of the hallmarks of a top team.