Millington Vs Munford... M&M Bowl 2008....

Rob_M

[/color]

Came out on top?...... Ummm... Didn't Munford have losing seasons the last two years?

Don't get me wrong, I admire the job that Coach Randall is doing there at Munford. The cupboard was truly bare when he got there. He is an excellent coach.

No, the last two seasons the Cougars went 8-4 and won the region and last year they went 7-4 and lost in the first round.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the last two seasons the Cougars went 8-4 and won the region and last year they went 7-4 and lost in the first round.

Wow....My bad.... I can't believe that I was so off about them. Thanks for correcting me.

Looks like they turned it on in the 2nd half vs Northside. The score was 24-16 at the half then Munford outscored Northside 26-0 in the 2nd half to win 50-16. I expect Munford's best effort vs the Trojans next week.

Is anyone ready to make Munford a slight Favorite after the beat down they put on Northside and they are at Home. They do have one game under their belt and Millington has yet to play. Just checking everyones temperature after a big win by Munford.

Nope, it was nice that some of the Millington team showed up and sat on the visitor's side. I mean that, it was kinda cool to see them getting ready for the game this week. I still think Munford is exceptionally young with little experience. They will always play hard and be well coached. The win was important for such a young team but things will have to be much different in the next one.

Nope, it was nice that some of the Millington team showed up and sat on the visitor's side. I mean that, it was kinda cool to see them getting ready for the game this week. I still think Munford is exceptionally young with little experience. They will always play hard and be well coached. The win was important for such a young team but things will have to be much different in the next one.

Our players like the chance to see the opponent either tape or live. I was glad Munford put it on Northside because at least they know Munford can't be taken lightly after seeing 50 put on the board. It will be a fun atmosphere friday as it always is in Munford and i hope it is an exciting game with Millington winning of course. I know a player or two an wish them well on their home field and a great season but i hope Millington gets the win. I hope we play as well as we are capable and if it that happens at least Munford will have an idea of what they really have and how they will fair in their league. I know Henry Co. will be picked top in the league but i would find it hard to think that anyone would be better than Millington in their league, assuming Millington puts a good effort on the field. Good Luck Munford and Go Trojans!

Our players like the chance to see the opponent either tape or live. I was glad Munford put it on Northside because at least they know Munford can't be taken lightly after seeing 50 put on the board. It will be a fun atmosphere friday as it always is in Munford and i hope it is an exciting game with Millington winning of course. I know a player or two an wish them well on their home field and a great season but i hope Millington gets the win. I hope we play as well as we are capable and if it that happens at least Munford will have an idea of what they really have and how they will fair in their league. I know Henry Co. will be picked top in the league but i would find it hard to think that anyone would be better than Millington in their league, assuming Millington puts a good effort on the field. Good Luck Munford and Go Trojans!

The 2 touchdowns by Northside in the first half was a interception returned for a TD and a kick return. I'm not sure how I would compare Henry and Millington since both are physical and have dominating running attacks. I think last year it could have depended on where the game was played.

We expect a big crowd and hopefully folks will come enjoy the game without some of the other issues that arise with a rivalry. I feel the same way about Millington going all the way through the season except for this one of course.

Good luck and let's hope no one gets injured since we both have a full season ahead of us.

The 2 touchdowns by Northside in the first half was a interception returned for a TD and a kick return. I'm not sure how I would compare Henry and Millington since both are physical and have dominating running attacks. I think last year it could have depended on where the game was played.

We expect a big crowd and hopefully folks will come enjoy the game without some of the other issues that arise with a rivalry. I feel the same way about Millington going all the way through the season except for this one of course.

Good luck and let's hope no one gets injured since we both have a full season ahead of us.

I was talking with someone at the Bridges this weekend and they asked how Munfords Filed looks and said they thought it was in pretty rough shape. Is that true? Munford has always done a great job with their filed and i hope it is in great condition.

The fact that Munford Hung half a hundred on Northside means nothing. If I recall, Last season the blew out Northside seventy something to 0. Then marched down the highway and got shutout. Northside is not a program. The real test for the cougars will be this friday night!!

I was talking with someone at the Bridges this weekend and they asked how Munfords Filed looks and said they thought it was in pretty rough shape. Is that true? Munford has always done a great job with their filed and i hope it is in great condition.

They did some work this summer and it looked really good last Friday. I would bet that someone would be from the North end of the county and they aren't usually real complimentary... To their credit, it was rough towards the middle to end of last season but I don't think it will be a problem.

The fact that Munford Hung half a hundred on Northside means nothing. If I recall, Last season the blew out Northside seventy something to 0. Then marched down the highway and got shutout. Northside is not a program. The real test for the cougars will be this friday night!!

Agreed, we don't read much into the scoreboard so don't worry about our side. Millington deserves their top ranking and we expect them to be as good as last year. All we can do is show up and play hard.

Agreed, we don't read much into the scoreboard so don't worry about our side. Millington deserves their top ranking and we expect them to be as good as last year. All we can do is show up and play hard.

If Munford is to be competitive and even win this one, who are the players that are going to have to have BIG games? I have to admit I am not very familar with this years renditon of the Munford Cougars. With the loss of the QB to gradudate and RB to transfer, who are the playmakers that make this years team go?

For Millington, the players to watch on offense will be RB Teseaun Holmes (5'10" 185pd SR),RB Tyrell Garner (6'3" 230pd JR),and WR Kevin Oliver (5'9" 185 SR). Our Starting QB will be 6'3" 185pd SR Santerio Bragg. He was a backup to Randon Freyerson last year. I also expect to see 5'11" 200pd Soph Mario Harwell at QB as well. He has had a nice fall camp and has really pushed Santerio for the starting job.

I agree. Last year cougars broke a school record on Norhtside and the next week got murdered. Even though Millington doesn't have a "warm-up" game doesn't necessarily mean that that is an advantage for the cougars. The young team needs to keep their mind focus and not live off the hype that others provide as in last year games. Although, Munford is a proud community and it's fans support the team very well. So it is always hard for another team to come in and whoop on them. Haha. I mean they're not The Swamp, Death Valley, or UT, but there is a whole bunch of school spirit going around out there. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!