McMinn County

Oskie1

So what does the 2008 season hold in store for the cherokees? This is how this McMinn fan thinks things will turnout

The defense should be the best part of this team with Kimpson having added 30 lbs. to his already athletic frame he will be someone that all offensive coordinators will have to respect. The linebakers are solid and will fill the hole but they must improve on there lateral movements if they intend to stop the backs in Region 2 5A. The secondary should be solid but has shown they will give up the deep ball a few times during the pre-season. But dont come across the middel and expect to walk away because these DB's will unload.

On offense the wide outs are play makers and the back field is capable of quality runs and has shown they are tough hard runners. The offensive line in my opinion is going to be the key to this teams success as they are undersized compared to other lines in the region. Coach Cagle has been quoted in several publications that Ables (QB) is a possible D1 prospect. He is an impressive looking player as he stands 6'2" and is 210 but this is his first year as the starting QB so we dont really know what he will do. Yes the potential is there but come on coach dont say a kid is a D1 prospect when he has only taken a handful of snapes as a varisty player.

The special teams is in good hands with 2007 all state punter/kicker Stephen Stansell handling those responbilities and he has also been selected to the 2008 pre-season all state team. He is defently a game changer and a solid weapon for the cherokees. Josh Simpson should do most of the punt/kick returns he has good speed and has a nack to find the open lanes.

I see the cherokees going 7-3 and qualifying for the playoffs. They will lose to Ooltewah, Farragut on the road and Oak Ridge at home. They will have good wins at Cleveland and William Blount and will also beat a good 4A team in Rhea Co. Good luck cherokees I hope you prove me wrong and win them all.

So what does the 2008 season hold in store for the cherokees? This is how this McMinn fan thinks things will turnout

The defense should be the best part of this team with Kimpson having added 30 lbs. to his already athletic frame he will be someone that all offensive coordinators will have to respect. The linebakers are solid and will fill the hole but they must improve on there lateral movements if they intend to stop the backs in Region 2 5A. The secondary should be solid but has shown they will give up the deep ball a few times during the pre-season. But dont come across the middel and expect to walk away because these DB's will unload.

On offense the wide outs are play makers and the back field is capable of quality runs and has shown they are tough hard runners. The offensive line in my opinion is going to be the key to this teams success as they are undersized compared to other lines in the region. Coach Cagle has been quoted in several publications that Ables (QB) is a possible D1 prospect. He is an impressive looking player as he stands 6'2" and is 210 but this is his first year as the starting QB so we dont really know what he will do. Yes the potential is there but come on coach dont say a kid is a D1 prospect when he has only taken a handful of snapes as a varisty player.

The special teams is in good hands with 2007 all state punter/kicker Stephen Stansell handling those responbilities and he has also been selected to the 2008 pre-season all state team. He is defently a game changer and a solid weapon for the cherokees. Josh Simpson should do most of the punt/kick returns he has good speed and has a nack to find the open lanes.

I see the cherokees going 7-3 and qualifying for the playoffs. They will lose to Ooltewah, Farragut on the road and Oak Ridge at home. They will have good wins at Cleveland and William Blount and will also beat a good 4A team in Rhea Co. Good luck cherokees I hope you prove me wrong and win them all.

OF COURSE CAGLE IS GOING TO PUT ALL THE HYPE ON THE D-1 QB THATS HIS LITTLE BROTHER, NEPHEW OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE RELATED..THAT'S WHY HE'S PUTTING MORE HYPE ON HIM THEN ON THE JOHNSON KID FROM LAST YEAR...AND WE ALL KNOW THAT THE JOHNSON KID CAN PLAY..

OF COURSE CAGLE IS GOING TO PUT ALL THE HYPE ON THE D-1 QB THATS HIS LITTLE BROTHER, NEPHEW OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE RELATED..THAT'S WHY HE'S PUTTING MORE HYPE ON HIM THEN ON THE JOHNSON KID FROM LAST YEAR...AND WE ALL KNOW THAT THE JOHNSON KID CAN PLAY..

Getaclue I dont know that I agree with your statement. Cy is a good athlete and is capable of being a solid player I was just surprised that Bo would throw around the D1 comment before he has proven himself.

To be honest about the current players Kimpson and Stansell are more legitimate D1 possibilities then anyone but I suppose time will tell.

yeah well mcdermott is pretty good and BO's not throwing the D1 tag on him but wait he's not in his family...why not put the hype on all your players instead of calling out ONE that hasn't proven himself yet...Stansell has and so has mcdermott and kimpson but BO's not calling them D1 players only his family gets that hype

yeah well mcdermott is pretty good and BO's not throwing the D1 tag on him but wait he's not in his family...why not put the hype on all your players instead of calling out ONE that hasn't proven himself yet...Stansell has and so has mcdermott and kimpson but BO's not calling them D1 players only his family gets that hype

Man, somebody does not care for Cagle

There are alot of us mcminn supporters that don't care for him...i love mcminn through and through but i can't deal with a coach like him. i don't care how many games we win, he is not a good coach.

There again getaclue I am not agreeing with you on this one. Trace was a great tail back @ McMinn and will do a good job at UT Martin but Martin is not a D1 school. Now that is not to say he couldnt play D1 beacuse I thought alot of schools missed the boat on Trace.

Lets get back to the thread. Opinions on this years team?

There again getaclue I am not agreeing with you on this one. Trace was a great tail back @ McMinn and will do a good job at UT Martin but Martin is not a D1 school. Now that is not to say he couldnt play D1 beacuse I thought alot of schools missed the boat on Trace.

I believe he is talking about his brother Tevin who was voted by the coaches as the SUPER SOPH last year in the region.

UT Martin is a D-1 school just D-1 AA or now known as (FCS) Football Championship Subdivision. Does anyone know how he is doing over there?

Okay boys and girls Tribefan is back......Oskie1 where have you gotten your info from? You obviously seem to know alot about this years team so reveal yourself becuase it appears everyone in the western world knows who Tribefan is?

I actually think if McMinn can go to Ooltewah and upset the owls that they might just have a special year. Unfortunatly this game is so early in the season much like UT & Forida and sets the tone for the rest of the year. A win could boost there confidence and propel them into the early lead in Region 2 5A.....if they lose then things get tough because the Cleveland game in week #3 becomes critical because week #4 they are on the road again to Farragut. Don't be surprised if the cherokees go to the Owls Nest and beat a good Ooltewah team.....they are like a late library book.....very overdue!!

GO TRIBE!!