Gallatin to play game in Ohio in 2010

timbdp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Green Wave for scheduling this one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is one Tennessean that will be rooting for y'all and hopeing y'all have the same success R'dale had up there. I just hope they do NOT chicken out on the rematch down here like the OHIO team did to R'dale. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Any idea if it will be televised down here?

Well it looks like someone I know will have to make a stop at the HOF. How sad for me. I think this is only a one year game. Don't know how that plays out for 09' week 1 though. I was told of this about a month ago and now it's official. If things work out Gallatin should be real stout by then. Lots of size and speed coming through over the next 3-5 years.

Heard about this a few weeks ago but didn't know if the source was credible. Hats off to the coaching staff for making this happen. This will be a great trip and experience for the players, staff and a few of us fans.

Now I am curious as to who we will play in 09' to open with.

Congratulations to the Green Wave for scheduling this one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is one Tennessean that will be rooting for y'all and hopeing y'all have the same success R'dale had up there. I just hope they do NOT chicken out on the rematch down here like the OHIO team did to R'dale. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Any idea if it will be televised down here?

That just a silly comment. The best teams in Ohio have been playing the best of the best for some time now. I don't have a clue of the situation you are speaking of but I find it hard to believe the Ohio team would "chicken out" The best Ohio teams have played much better teams then Riverdale in the past and they are and will play much better teams then Riverdale in the future. Home or Away! That no shot at Riverdale. Just a fact.

I'd love to hear your recollection of the situation where a Ohio team "Chicken'ed out"

As far as the television coverage. I'm sure it is part of the "Herbie" classic for that year, so it will be on a ESPN channel.

Good luck Gallatin. McKinley is a very strong Ohio program and I'm sure you'll be ready for that challange.

That just a silly comment. The best teams in Ohio have been playing the best of the best for some time now. I don't have a clue of the situation you are speaking of but I find it hard to believe the Ohio team would "chicken out" The best Ohio teams have played much better teams then Riverdale in the past and they are and will play much better teams then Riverdale in the future. Home or Away! That no shot at Riverdale. Just a fact.

Riverdale played and won 26-7 at Worthington Kilbourne in 2005. WK apparently owed Riverdale a return game in Murfreesboro in 2006 but backed out. Perhaps the Riverdale powers-that-be were given a legitimate reason, but it certainly did not look good to outsiders. The Riverdale faithful could probably shed more light on the issue, but knowing how passionate Ohioans are about their football, it would appear that, after losing at home to a Tennessee team 5-6 hours away, the prospect of traveling far to Tennessee for another potential loss was perhaps unappealing. Whether or not that is "chickening out" is for others to decide (if memory serves, WK didn't replace Riverdale with any team special).

Riverdale played and won 26-7 at Worthington Kilbourne in 2005. WK apparently owed Riverdale a return game in Murfreesboro in 2006 but backed out. Perhaps the Riverdale powers-that-be were given a legitimate reason, but it certainly did not look good to outsiders. The Riverdale faithful could probably shed more light on the issue, but knowing how passionate Ohioans are about their football, it would appear that, after losing at home to a Tennessee team 5-6 hours away, the prospect of traveling far to Tennessee for another potential loss was perhaps unappealing. Whether or not that is "chickening out" is for others to decide (if memory serves, WK didn't replace Riverdale with any team special).

Thanks for the info "rollredroll" you are a gentlemen and a scholar. You are right (if memory serves, WK didn't replace Riverdale with any team special)." They only had 3 teams on thier schedule with a winning record in 2006 and lost to 2 of them. They still only went 4 and 6. I have No dought that Riverdale would have creamed them at thier place.

Lost Old Dad

Worthington Kilbourne? I thought you were talking about playing a good team from Ohio. Worthington Kilbourne? A team that has only made the playoffs twice in the 2000's. This is the team we are talking about.

2000 - 7-3 no playoffs

2001 - 8-2 no playoffs

2002 - 6-4 no playoffs

2003 - 5-5 no play offs

2004 – 8-2 last seed playoff team out in 1st round

2005 – 7-3 last seed playoff team out in 2nd round

2006 – 4-6 no playoffs

2007 – 6-4 no playoffs

Riverdale should beat them. That's barely a middle of the road program in thier conference let alone the state of Ohio. I'm sorry Riverdale fan you should not hang you hat on the fact that you went to Ohio and beat them. You are a great team and a great program that has won multiple State Championship. Be proud of that, not beating a below par Ohio team.

MBA is playing a Strong Ohio Program next weekend, Gallatin is playing a very strong Ohio program in 2010. You all played a middle of the road Capital leauge team. Not a Strong Ohio program. Get in the "Herbie" Classic, Play a nice program like Gallatin is and MBA is. Then if you win, I tip my cap. Not for beating Worthington Kilbourne.

I heard a few years back that Riverdale went to Ohio and beat a Ohio team. At the time, I was impressed. I thought it was a strong program like ST XAVIER or Canton McKinley, Warren Harding, MENTOR, CLEVELAND ST IGNATIUS, CLEVELAND GLENVILLE, DUBLIN COFFMAN, COLERAIN, WALSH JESUIT, YOUNGSTOWN CARDINAL MOONEY, STEUBENVILLE. Not Worthington Kilbourne

As far as "chickening out" maybe they did who knows, it dose not look good for them but they are not the caliber of team Riverdale should be traveling long distances to play anyway!

Worthington Kilbourne??? Come on your better then that.

It was in 2005 and to read the OHIO boards (Yappi) at the time R'dale stood NO chance of beating them. I agree that they were NOT that good but to hear the folks on the OHIO boards the game was gonna be a cake walk for WK. The ONLY respect R'dale got was AFTER the game. Some also seemed surprised that our players even wore shoes. LOL

There WAS walking though, and R'dale was doing it all over WK. As to a return matchup there was never an excuse given that the fans were told. Their loss though as R'dale folks were getting ready to show them a big time down here and was preparing a BIG BBQ dinner for them and tours. Will say that WK did treat us nice and provided a nice tour of the Ohio State facilities for the players.

In those days R'dale DID try and schedule a couple of the teams you mentioned as being good, but for some reason they did not want to try on R'dale. This was during the days when R'dale was in the big game here in Tn EVERY year!

Bulldog86...in 2004-2005, how did WK do in the playoffs?

My sense was that they were a team that was feeling their oats after 2004 and bit off more than they could chew. Didn't they go pretty deep in the playoffs both years?

BTW, I really enjoyed the trip up there and the atmosphere in the game. However, those guys should have honored their committment and made the return trip. There is no way to 'spin' that.

Good luck to Gallatin. Can you give us the recent history on McKinley's regular season results and playoff success. Thanks!!!