Lavergne vs Blackman

AC44

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think LaVergne was classless at all. Saw nothing to even hint at it.

As for the game after the first drive I was really pleased. Blackman practically walked down the field before being stopped at the 10 or so. Then the defense was really strong and stopped LV and then a botched punt turned into a safety and there's your 5 points. It looked like Blackman was going to run away with it, but the turnovers killed them again. This game shouldn't have been close, but fumbling at least 4-5 times and an interception let LV believe that they could play with Blackman.

The offense has to be better, and frankly I would like to see Blackman pick one QB and stick with him. Every time Crocker was in LaVergne would play fairly straight up on D, but when Collier came in it was obvious that 9 out of 10 times they were running the ball and Lavergne started blitzing the daylights out of 'em every play. No offense to either of these two guys because both are capable I am just not a fan of the two QB system.

As for the defense it was very solid. There were a few breakdowns here and there in coverage, but it was a much better job of tackling than in years past and this year our D may just be the saving grace for this team.

Got to get better next week, especially taking care of the ball.

Lavergne was not classless. That is not even an issue as far as I'm concerned. I agree Blackman needs to pick a quarterback. Both I believe can be really good. Why do they continue to run this spread offense? They looked much better when they went to the power I in the 4th quarter, if they could successfully complete the snap from center. A lot of work to do on offense but I believe the talent is there if they can coach it. Great job by the defense.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" when you run a spread offense you have to THROW THE BALL to allow yourself to run ,,,if all you do is run the spread offense it will get you running backs hurt ,,,,,,that was the worst play calling i have ever seen whoever was calling those plays last night needs to tell his players he was sorry for not being ther for them,,,,,,the defense look good made alot of good plays,but lavergne is not a offensive power anymore, i just dont understand that blackman has a top team in this region and a qb that is a top 10 qb in the state and not throw the ball ,COACHING WAS VERY VERY VERY BAD!!!!! thank god the defensive coach new what he was doing,,,,,, good job to both teams on playing a tough game

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yes, it was a great defensive game and an ugly offensive game to say the least. Kudos to La Vergne for keeping Crocker in check or maybe I should send my kudos to Blackman coaches...anyhoo...the youngsters played tough and kept what was supposed to have been a blow-out, a close game. So, congrats to both teams and to Blackman for the "W".

I don't believe there was any undue ugliness on any side in particular. It's high school football people!!! The way I see it, both teams were just trying to fire up the crowds...that's high school football.

Though I have to comment on that pic the DNJ ran...Crocker throws like a girl...I can't stop laughing!!! It's all in good fun...that's why we all get excited when there's football under the Friday Night Lights!!!!

I didn't think LaVergne was classless at all. Saw nothing to even hint at it.

As for the game after the first drive I was really pleased. Blackman practically walked down the field before being stopped at the 10 or so. Then the defense was really strong and stopped LV and then a botched punt turned into a safety and there's your 5 points. It looked like Blackman was going to run away with it, but the turnovers killed them again. This game shouldn't have been close, but fumbling at least 4-5 times and an interception let LV believe that they could play with Blackman.

The offense has to be better, and frankly I would like to see Blackman pick one QB and stick with him. Every time Crocker was in LaVergne would play fairly straight up on D, but when Collier came in it was obvious that 9 out of 10 times they were running the ball and Lavergne started blitzing the daylights out of 'em every play. No offense to either of these two guys because both are capable I am just not a fan of the two QB system.

As for the defense it was very solid. There were a few breakdowns here and there in coverage, but it was a much better job of tackling than in years past and this year our D may just be the saving grace for this team.

Got to get better next week, especially taking care of the ball.

the 2 qb can work if coaches werent so predictable with what they are doin with each qb........if blackman let collier throw it every now and then they would have to start respecting the pass...........but heck they can do that with crocker but he isnt as dangerous a runner as collier

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" when you run a spread offense you have to THROW THE BALL to allow yourself to run ,,,if all you do is run the spread offense it will get you running backs hurt ,,,,,,that was the worst play calling i have ever seen whoever was calling those plays last night needs to tell his players he was sorry for not being ther for them,,,,,,the defense look good made alot of good plays,but lavergne is not a offensive power anymore, i just dont understand that blackman has a top team in this region and a qb that is a top 10 qb in the state and not throw the ball ,COACHING WAS VERY VERY VERY BAD!!!!! thank god the defensive coach new what he was doing,,,,,, good job to both teams on playing a tough game

well stated there guy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LHS dresses 39 9th and 10 graders if I saw the roster correctly. I think several 9th graders may be starting on D tonight also. The guys many people thought would be the starting LB's this season I heard are out all year from injury issues.

If they can sneak out a few wins this season and maybe win 6 or 7 next year, the year after could be competing for some big hardware.

That is, if some of the guys don't pull a Yoder-Hicks-Oliver and end up at a different school.

The 3 starting defensive down linemen at Lavergne Middle are large large youngsters who can run good for their large size and didn't seem to get tired the other night in their first game. They will be in the mix in 2 years.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You're absolutely right, several frosh did dress out for the defense. Though we lost, that's a positive to look forward to. Seems we might have a "good" defense...something to build on. Offense???...well, that remains to be seen and developed. But, fright night is over and I look forward to our next match-up. We certainly had quite a few opportunities to win the ballgame...some miscues and missed opportunities led to a different outcome. Not bad for a squad that was pretty much totally depleted of all of their starters. I think it's possible we can get 3 or more wins out of our next 6. Not bad for rebuilding.

Facts: As Seen On Film

1) Blackman did NOT throw the Ball the entire second Half.

2) When Collier was in at QB LaVergne loaded the box, and moved the entire secondary up to stop the

run.....yet.....Blackman would not let Collier throw. When Crocker was in at QB, LaVergne backed up and played the pass. Blackman's opportunity to run would have been during this time.

3) Blackman chose to RUN on 3rd and 19,...3rd and 24,.....3rd and 8...3rd and 15 ....and yet Blackman did not

PASS.

4) The Offense RAN the same play 19 times or a variation of that particular play for a total of 32 yds.

5) LaVergne OVERPLAYED the opposite side the running back lined up on and BLACKMAN refused to counter to

the weaker side.

6) Blackman passed 8 times.

7) The INT hit the WR between the numbers and bounced to the Defender.

8) When on the LaVergne 40 yard line with 1:20 on the clock Blackman could only run 1 play (run) before the half but

had TWO timeouts on the clock

9) Ran same Pass play three times in a row and the WR fumbled on the third try due to LaVergne

pressing/expecting the play.

11) Blackmans D played well but weren't they expected to? LaVergne was inexperienced and young.

12) The Defense however DID WIN the game and showed emotion and GREAT tackling.

13) Blackman refused to run Bowers up the middle in the first three qtrs which was a weakness for laVergne

last year.

14)Blackman chose to run East and West untill late in the 4th.

15) When asked during the game why BLACKMAN don't pass the response was BECAUSE WE CAN'T RUN

AND WE NEED TO ESTABLISH THAT BEFORE WE PASS. ............(????????????????)

MY OPINION:

LaVergne did a great job with such a young team. Hester's Defense adjusted to what Blackman put on the field and anticipated the play which he was correct 75% of the time. TRULY a great gameplan and coaching.

Blackman needs to do something quick on offense and starts in the boardroom.

TWO QB SYSTEM

I have always beleived when your team has momentum you do not call timeout ...though your opponent usually will . When a player is hot you do not take him out of the game. Momentum is not easily gained and comes

by-way-of the flow of the game. It is harder for a team to gain momentum when the personel is constantly changed. It's difficult for an offense to adjust to multiple signal callers....you hear about it everyday on sports TV. Cadence/snaps, passing/receiving style, Offensive blocking, and even things as simple as hand-off's are all factors when dealing with multiple individuals. You hear pro's mention all the time about the QB and WR TIMING and how they work on it in the off season and after practice. QB's and WR's have to know each other's intentions and capabilities to have an effecticive passing team......thats the reason for summer 7 on 7s. Im NOT saying to play Crocker!!!! but Blackman needs to make up it's mind on it's QB.

2) When Collier was in at QB LaVergne loaded the box, and moved the entire secondary up to stop the

run.....yet.....Blackman would not let Collier throw. When Crocker was in at QB, LaVergne backed up and played the pass. Blackman's opportunity to run would have been during this time.

3) Blackman chose to RUN on 3rd and 19,...3rd and 24,.....3rd and 8...3rd and 15 ....and yet Blackman did not

PASS.

4) The Offense RAN the same play 19 times or a variation of that particular play for a total of 32 yds.

5) LaVergne OVERPLAYED the opposite side the running back lined up on and BLACKMAN refused to counter to

the weaker side.

8) When on the LaVergne 40 yard line with 1:20 on the clock Blackman could only run 1 play (run) before the half but

9) Ran same Pass play three times in a row and the WR fumbled on the third try due to LaVergne

11) Blackmans D played well but weren't they expected to? LaVergne was inexperienced and young.

13) Blackman refused to run Bowers up the middle in the first three qtrs which was a weakness for laVergne

last year.

15) When asked during the game why BLACKMAN don't pass the response was BECAUSE WE CAN'T RUN

MY OPINION:

LaVergne did a great job with such a young team. Hester's Defense adjusted to what Blackman put on the field and anticipated the play which he was correct 75% of the time. TRULY a great gameplan and coaching.

TWO QB SYSTEM

I have always beleived when your team has momentum you do not call timeout ...though your opponent usually will . When a player is hot you do not take him out of the game. Momentum is not easily gained and comes

by-way-of the flow of the game. It is harder for a team to gain momentum when the personel is constantly changed. It's difficult for an offense to adjust to multiple signal callers....you hear about it everyday on sports TV. Cadence/snaps, passing/receiving style, Offensive blocking, and even things as simple as hand-off's are all factors when dealing with multiple individuals. You hear pro's mention all the time about the QB and WR TIMING and how they work on it in the off season and after practice. QB's and WR's have to know each other's intentions and capabilities to have an effecticive passing team......thats the reason for summer 7 on 7s. Im NOT saying to play Crocker!!!! but Blackman needs to make up it's mind on it's QB.

blackman doesnt plan on passing anyway so they dont really need timing

PASS.

the weaker side.

last year.

MY OPINION:

TWO QB SYSTEM

Sounds like you are already disgruntled with Blackman. However, a lot of the things that you mention are right on.

PASS.

the weaker side.

last year.

MY OPINION:

TWO QB SYSTEM

I hope our coaches are able to see the things that you do.

I wondered if we really had 2 timeouts left before halftime. If we did, I believe most youth league coaches would have known to call timeout. Our coaches not doing this is very disturbing and this is not the first time I've seen it happen with these coaches. I really don't believe these guys know what their doing. I hope I'm wrong cause I would love to see Blackman do well, but unless the coaches look at themselves in the mirror and pick their game up, I'm afraid it won't happen. It's ashame because I believe Blackman has the talent to compete with the top teams in the region.