Lavergne vs Blackman

AC44

blackman will make a run that no one will expect this season and lavergne will falter this season....thats just this season in my opinion for lavergne because this time next year we will be talkin about how much experience they have because of this season so they might have to wait until then to be a factor but this is a make or break season for the blakcman coaching staff(i think).....so i believe they will make it happen this season and make a run for the playoffs because many teams are stuggling with depth and youth

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman has got to be one of the worst coached teams in the state. They should have one this game going away and were lucky to win period. I can not stand the spread offense the way Blackman runs it which is going backwards. They lose more yardage stopping drives than any team I have ever seen. If they don't lose 5 yards to stall a drive, they fumble it. How many times did they fumble tonight? Had to be at least 8 or 9. They need to learn how to run a standard I formation or Power I and feature Bowers as the main tailback. Bowers is their horse, but they seem to refuse to ride him to the endzone. These coaches aren't smart enough to run the spread.

Two thoughts about this game

1: Blackman needs to pass the ball more. Crocker has got an arm.

2: LaVergne unfortunately is a very unclassy team.

What happened to make you say Lavergne has no class? Number 1 showed off every time he did something. The way I see it Blackman got very lucky to beat a team of freshman and sophomores. As for Crocker he gave Lavergne a chance to win late and was replaced by a sophomore down the stretch.

Two thoughts about this game

1: Blackman needs to pass the ball more. Crocker has got an arm.

2: LaVergne unfortunately is a very unclassy team.

LaVergne actually had alot of class...i ran the chains tonight and never even heard a cuss word...lots of guys pulling for each other...coaches coaching hard but with respect to the kids...i was actually very impressed...so this comment is WAY off base...

offensively...blackman was TERRIBLE...they better get it straight or it won't be pretty...this game should not have been close...and that is taking nothing away from a well coached LaVergne and great effort from their players...but physically, speed, experience, size...etc...blackman has LaVergne beat...but that is why you don't play the games on a piece of paper

our offense does not have to score much because our defense is really good...but things better change on the O for sure for us to have a good year...hopefully well get the kinks out...

looks as if the traditional power in region 4-5A are no longer traditional powers...this year could be the most interesting in a long time...blackman...oakland...siegel...all 1-0 and riverdale...symrna...are 0-1...

Michael Crocker: 3 fumbles, 1 interception, 0 touchdowns

Jarvis Hicks: 6 carries - 15 yards

I guess the DNJ won't be running big interviews with those two guys again for a while.

I saw the picture in the DNJ of yall's sign. I suppose that is what Blackman is calling classless?

What I'm calling classless is the countless hits Lavergne put on Blackman after the whistle was blown, particularly on Blackman's first kickoff return on the sideline and whatever Grooms did to LJ Joyce as well. Number 1 for Blackman did not taunt LaVergne publicly, he was always trying to get the sideline and fans fired up. But I love when a Lavergne guy makes a tackle on the Blackman sideline and holds up his LaVergne jersey like he's something while he yells at Blackman players on Blackman's own sideline.

I didn't think LaVergne was classless at all. Saw nothing to even hint at it.

As for the game after the first drive I was really pleased. Blackman practically walked down the field before being stopped at the 10 or so. Then the defense was really strong and stopped LV and then a botched punt turned into a safety and there's your 5 points. It looked like Blackman was going to run away with it, but the turnovers killed them again. This game shouldn't have been close, but fumbling at least 4-5 times and an interception let LV believe that they could play with Blackman.

The offense has to be better, and frankly I would like to see Blackman pick one QB and stick with him. Every time Crocker was in LaVergne would play fairly straight up on D, but when Collier came in it was obvious that 9 out of 10 times they were running the ball and Lavergne started blitzing the daylights out of 'em every play. No offense to either of these two guys because both are capable I am just not a fan of the two QB system.

As for the defense it was very solid. There were a few breakdowns here and there in coverage, but it was a much better job of tackling than in years past and this year our D may just be the saving grace for this team.

Got to get better next week, especially taking care of the ball.

Nothing happened. I don't know what this guy is talking about. Regular old high school game. I don't even think there was one unsportsmanlike conduct call.

There was actually one unsportsmanlike against LaVergne and also a running into the kicker that should have been roughing the kicker. I'm not trying to prove any point "buddy". Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there was less going on out there than what I saw. I'm sorry for making observations. Now we'll drop the subject on the LaVergne players being classy or unclassy because all the parents that I sat with sided with me...so it's a split decision I guess. But that was really just like /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> when you said "What point are you trying to prove buddy?"...Um..well I guess I said it straight up that I thought LaVergne was unclassy. Can you not read?