Wilson Central @ Franklin Co.

wcfinnest09

region 4 has been dominant the past few years, but those of you without short term memory know it hasn't always been that way, and that could change in hurry. I'm sick of low class comments about how 4-5a is so great...enjoy it now next year you're team might stink. There are teams in 4-5a that just a few years ago couldn't buy a win.

Most fans in region 4 realize this, and alot of times it just runs in trends, region 4 has just been on a roll as of late. I dont think its really top heavy, but its just so even from top to bottom. The good teams in region 3 pretty much get a free pass until the playoffs. Since when is it class to brag on your region?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only reply is that if you look at who has actually been in the BCB the last few years it has been pretty much been Region 4 and 6, with 4 winning a BUNCH of them. LC stood the best chance a few years ago and was the FIRST to actually beat R'dale on their home field so there are some of us who realize that Region 3 can and HAS fielded some very good teams. Cookville has also given R'dale some VERY good games in the playoffs.

Most fans in region 4 realize this, and alot of times it just runs in trends, region 4 has just been on a roll as of late. I dont think its really top heavy, but its just so even from top to bottom. The good teams in region 3 pretty much get a free pass until the playoffs. Since when is it class to brag on your region?

It's not low class to brag on your region. It is low class to put down another region, just because they're down. Oaklands not been a powerhouse lately, but they're still one of my favorite teams, because they play with class...win or lose. I'm not a big Franklin County fan, but they were very good in the past, and will be again. I quess I'm just sayin' "What goes around, comes around."

It's not low class to brag on your region. It is low class to put down another region, just because they're down. Oaklands not been a powerhouse lately, but they're still one of my favorite teams, because they play with class...win or lose. I'm not a big Franklin County fan, but they were very good in the past, and will be again. I quess I'm just sayin' "What goes around, comes around."

MCHSFAN,

I hate to break it to you; you have been had!! Reg4fan is NOT from Reg 4 and certainly not a fan. He is making a pitiful attempt at selling "wolf-tickets" in hopes that someone near and dear to him will get "fired" up. I would even bet that he is on this same post under another name.

Also Reg4, very tacky comment about your neighbors Coffee Co. and Shelbyville,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tsk, tsk.

First games are what they are.................First games!! Lots of mistakes will be made by both teams. I would say it will be a competitive contest. For the record. Teams in Reg 4 NEVER overlook Cookeville and Lincoln Co................... Coffee Co. has been competitive; Franklin Co. was under Mantooth and it remains to be seen if coaching change will reinvigorate (sp) the Rebels. It is cyclic and will always be...................I really do not think Reg 4-5A will be as strong top to bottom as it was last year. IMO.

All this is on paper..................game will be on GRASS!!

Good Luck to all

No offense, but outside of Lincoln Co. and Cookeville, Region 3 has been pretty down since the realignment. I welcome the competition and Im sure the upper-tier programs in our region do as well.

Wildcats win this one 21-0. We had some long drives on offense but could not put it into the endzone. Lots of work to do to prepare for Tullahoma. Good luck to the Wilson Central down the road. Their coaching staff did a great job preparing them for tonight.

A special thanks to Del ("D") for coming out and taking pictures and for all the fans from both schools.

Although the score was 21-0, I did find alot of positives about the Rebels tonight. First off, I am very excited about our new coaching staff and the discipline/attitudes that seem to be installed into our team this year. We did have a few chances inside their 20 to score, but it was obvious we were missing a starting quarterback and still learning a new system. Overall, defense looked good, and only allowed a few big plays to a good offense. I am excited about this team and its coaches. I will be there next week against rival Tullahoma, hoping to see us notch our first "W".