Smyrna@Siegel

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the regular season ends and Smyrna and Riverdale are in the playoffs and the spoiled little rich school is sitting at home again, nobody will care about Friday's game. You can spend all of Daddy's money to make your school look good, but it WILL NOT buy you wins. And to reply to the other poster about bands, Smyrna performed their entire show compared to Siegel only doing the first bit. Siegel fell apart with their tempo's at the end and the band was "phasing" you better stick to being an average football observer and leave the Band to the experts.

you seem to be a prophet...or at least the son of a prophet...in the old testament if a prophet's prophecy did not come true...they stoned the guy to death... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

this is pretty funny since siegel just shut you out 14-0...and fyi...i was pulling for smyrna because i think so much of matt williams...you guys will be fine i think...just say good job siegel...congrads on the win...and move on to game two...

you don't know and honestly neither do i know who will be in the playoffs and who will not this year...the teams are so even across the board...

name calling and comparing bands...sounds like /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

When the regular season ends and Smyrna and Riverdale are in the playoffs and the spoiled little rich school is sitting at home again, nobody will care about Friday's game. You can spend all of Daddy's money to make your school look good, but it WILL NOT buy you wins. And to reply to the other poster about bands, Smyrna performed their entire show compared to Siegel only doing the first bit. Siegel fell apart with their tempo's at the end and the band was "phasing" you better stick to being an average football observer and leave the Band to the experts.

youre gonna feel dumb at the end of the season when smyrnas the one sitting at home............you need to stick to being an average band observer and leave the football observing to the experts /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

you seem to be a prophet...or at least the son of a prophet...in the old testament if a prophet's prophecy did not come true...they stoned the guy to death... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

this is pretty funny since siegel just shut you out 14-0...and fyi...i was pulling for smyrna because i think so much of matt williams...you guys will be fine i think...just say good job siegel...congrads on the win...and move on to game two...

you don't know and honestly neither do i know who will be in the playoffs and who will not this year...the teams are so even across the board...

name calling and comparing bands...sounds like /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

the teams are even.....but not as even as you may believe

Your just straight dumb. What on earth makes you think you will make the playoffs over Siegel? Did the shut out not speak for itself? The Siegel Stars are a flat out better team then smyrna. Smyrna is the worst conditioned team i have ever seen. Yeah it was hot ,but ive seen hotter week zero's yet they were cramping up like crazy. Smyrna is not a good football team. No Sonny no Rod no Shadowens, long year for smyrna. But I love how every smyrna fan thinks there better then siegel after that game, makes a ton of sense.

I wanted to sleep on this because I did not want to say anything stupid. Last night was not a good sign for Smyrna in many fronts. They did not seem to have any fire to them after the first set of down. No one step up to make plays. The team was not ready, you could tell, Siegel was much more discipline and ready for the game. Even a simple thing like hydrating yourself the day before the game was not done. If it was, not very well. Smyrna was cramping up somthing fierce. Siegel was in the same conditions and they didn't nearly have the amount of cramps and injuries. Goes back to being prepared. It was unbelievable how many Smyrna kids were getting hurt, tapping their helmets asking to come out of the game to get a break and making silly, silly mistakes because they were tired.

Not dought that Smyrna was out maned, out played, (I know he's new but) and out coached. QB play was the big question to start the year. It was not pretty. Smyrna played 3 QB last night (including Bryson) none of them looked like they had the tools yet. They are all sophomores but they need a lot of work.

The Question was asked: "So is it that Siegel is really that good or did Smyrna just not show up or a combo of both? I think it was a little of both. Siegel has a nice team and they should beat some more good teams this year. They are good sized, very good backs, and their O and D line's are big and move very well. Siegel Passed the (eye test) with flying colors. Very nice looking team. #75 on the D line is a monster. He is BIG and MEAN. #15 and #24 in their backfield was very impressive

One thing good is that Smyrna's defence was very stout. Smyrna D played the bend but don't break D. Siegel was able to move the ball but not punch it in. They held Siegel to 2 fieldgoals. Smyrna's D was on the field all night because the O could not get anything going. For them to only give up 2 field goals was a nice positive for them to build on. Siegels other points was a INT returned for a TD and 2 point conversion.

We will be looking to see how the team responds to this. Not a good first showing. If Smyrna dose not get anything going Offensively, they will be in for a Loooooooong year.

Bryson is a very good player, Aways has been,But even the best player has to get through the defense, and Siegals defense was poetry in motion.totaslly AWSOME. WAY TO GO SIEGAL.

LOD and I told you that you would miss Coach Robbins. After all Shad had plenty of D-1 talent over the years and never made a big run of things until he got Sonny, Rod, and Coach Robbins to teach Sonny to be the best! You have to credit him for that hire, and why do you think he made sure he got Coach Robbins over at MTCS???

thats border line racist there guy

My thoughts exactly.

It's a shame that insults like this still go on here on the T. I was hoping during my brief absence that insults of this nature would have faded out. My only hope is one day people will stop condemning an entire school because of a small minority of students. Sorry for my small tirade, I will get off of my soap box now. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Hush.

I'm sry but the last thing on my mind at a football game is the dang band!

I could care less about a tempo or w/e.

I'd rather hear music over the speakers actually.

85%? All the schools are pretty much equal.

I dnt understand why you even brought that up???

The way ur goin ur on pace to be more hated than me by Siegel posters.

So hush. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

StarRaider...you are a wiz with the numbers /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

congrads to you and the stars...

hope to see ya soon

Yeah heard you were seen at the Siegel middle school game the other day, hope the young J is doing well as his big brothers. Congrats to Blackman on a hard fought win too.

Some other numbers I really like... Smyrna offense 38 plays 108 total yards. Staley Haynes 17 carries 169 total yards. That is why Siegel dominated the game Friday (although most folks think Siegel isn't any good). I read PV had a great game for Oakland but Staley was a bull and deserves player of the week IMHO.