Smyrna@Siegel

i am a big fan of matt williams...he is a very good defensive coach...good communicator...hard worker...intense but not over the top ranting and raving...competitive...and cares for the kids...

he personally mentored my son for two years at linebacker...and we will always be in debt to his investment

no doubt he can do this job...but with any new coach...their may be some rough riding at first

i don't think he has an experienced quarterback so folks are going to load 8 in the box...that is tough to win with in this region...no matter how good your line is

the cocky probably comes from winning two state championships...maybe that is gone now and they will be confident after busting their butts all week

undisciplined i don't know...was not their

unprepared...i would doubt it...probably had more with playing a pretty tough siegel squad and having a young QB

Thank you very much. I look forward to seing how they bounce back from week 0's tough loss.

To you Blueraiderfan,

I guess you want to start comparing credentials hu? OK, Class of 98 U of Michigan. Season of 97' look it up (HOSS). Just a little better then HS Glory Days

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegal did a great job Friday night, no doubt, but doing all of that talking about Smyrna "Bullpuppies" doesn't even get to us. You see, we know that we are rebuilding this year, but we still have a great team with some good talent and a good coach. But what you can't obviously get is that we can say, we are the reigning 5A champions and we did it Back to Back. Riverdale is a powerhouse--but they can't say they did that and Siegal, so far, well they have the Friday night that they beat the "08 Smyrna Bulldogs. Don't count us out yet!! The Town of Smyrna loves the Bulldogs!! and that is REALITY!! oh and by the way, did you see how many Smyrna fans there were that night. We will keep following come rain or shine!!

41-Hunter Hay

15-Stayley Haynes

16-Joe Ward

44-Seth Anderson..Yes brother of former QB Zeke Anderson.

It was a great game friday,and the only reason our offense didn't score was because of penlties and fumbles. The first drive of the game we got down to Smyrna's 38 and then we fumbled. We had like 7 flags for like 93 someodd numbers,we need to stop the OFFSIDES! And when we were in the red-zone De'onte like flintched and the ref threw the flag. I can say we're very improved and we are in very good shape.coach has us running EVERYDAY after practice. 14-Taylor Spayman is a beast but 31-Jayarie Dunnaway is a very good player (he's a sophmore!) there is a little bit of compition at that spot. We've stepped our game up,and we're just going to keep playing football! Good luck Oakland "Memorial can run it this year!"

More of that Throneberry/Waldron money at work.

Yeah you really know what you are talking about right? And an fyi for everyone out there shad didn't "take" Robbins with him Robbins left on his own and went with shad. What is really sad about friday night is the bulldogs seemed to be lacking the one thing they have had the last few years and I believe its called heart ...........

Siegal did a great job Friday night, no doubt, but doing all of that talking about Smyrna "Bullpuppies" doesn't even get to us. You see, we know that we are rebuilding this year, but we still have a great team with some good talent and a good coach. But what you can't obviously get is that we can say, we are the reigning 5A champions and we did it Back to Back. Riverdale is a powerhouse--but they can't say they did that and Siegal, so far, well they have the Friday night that they beat the "08 Smyrna Bulldogs. Don't count us out yet!! The Town of Smyrna loves the Bulldogs!! and that is REALITY!! oh and by the way, did you see how many Smyrna fans there were that night. We will keep following come rain or shine!!

Its always fun to live in the past when there is nothing to look forward to in the near future.Congrats on your 2 gold balls idiot, the thing you should realize is every school in rutherford county went to support yall. So grow up a little bit, oh and smyrna fans, you gave up on your team real early. I think half the town was back home before the game was even over. True fans sit threw the hard times and the good. Trust me I'd be one that has. Show some respect for your team and dont just get up and leave because you lost and your sore losers.

Its always fun to live in the past when there is nothing to look forward to in the near future.Congrats on your 2 gold balls idiot, the thing you should realize is every school in rutherford county went to support yall. So grow up a little bit, oh and smyrna fans, you gave up on your team real early. I think half the town was back home before the game was even over. True fans sit threw the hard times and the good. Trust me I'd be one that has. Show some respect for your team and dont just get up and leave because you lost and your sore losers.

I don't think by saying that Siegal did a great job is being a sore loser. I think you may be a sore winner however calling us "Bullpuppies" and all. You know you are the one talking smack even after you won. Be happy, you won for goodness sake. Quit hating and start enjoying a possibly good football season. Believe me, Smyrna knows how good it feels to win and thanks for all your support.