Smyrna@Siegel

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Siegel /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great job.. and just curious what the heck happened? So is it that Siegel is really that good or did Smyrna just not show up or a combo of both? just cuirous but dont take it as any dig from me giviving Siegel all the are due.. WTG!! Nice to show up prepared and actually have a plan for a game!! keep up the good work and dont think that one win is all you need in this bracket, keep moving forard!!

I wanted to sleep on this because I did not want to say anything stupid. Last night was not a good sign for Smyrna in many fronts. They did not seem to have any fire to them after the first set of down. No one step up to make plays. The team was not ready, you could tell, Siegel was much more discipline and ready for the game. Even a simple thing like hydrating yourself the day before the game was not done. If it was, not very well. Smyrna was cramping up somthing fierce. Siegel was in the same conditions and they didn't nearly have the amount of cramps and injuries. Goes back to being prepared. It was unbelievable how many Smyrna kids were getting hurt, tapping their helmets asking to come out of the game to get a break and making silly, silly mistakes because they were tired.

Not dought that Smyrna was out maned, out played, (I know he's new but) and out coached. QB play was the big question to start the year. It was not pretty. Smyrna played 3 QB last night (including Bryson) none of them looked like they had the tools yet. They are all sophomores but they need a lot of work.

The Question was asked: "So is it that Siegel is really that good or did Smyrna just not show up or a combo of both? I think it was a little of both. Siegel has a nice team and they should beat some more good teams this year. They are good sized, very good backs, and their O and D line's are big and move very well. Siegel Passed the (eye test) with flying colors. Very nice looking team. #75 on the D line is a monster. He is BIG and MEAN. #15 and #24 in their backfield was very impressive

One thing good is that Smyrna's defence was very stout. Smyrna D played the bend but don't break D. Siegel was able to move the ball but not punch it in. They held Siegel to 2 fieldgoals. Smyrna's D was on the field all night because the O could not get anything going. For them to only give up 2 field goals was a nice positive for them to build on. Siegels other points was a INT returned for a TD and 2 point conversion.

We will be looking to see how the team responds to this. Not a good first showing. If Smyrna dose not get anything going Offensively, they will be in for a Loooooooong year.

It was a good game that could have gone either way until MG got the pick 6 at the end of the third. Stars dominated the rushing (269 vs 68) and controlled the clock - way to go OL and DL! Staley was a man last night with about 169, a player of the week effort IMHO. Smyrna had a chance to get back in late after a Siegel fumble at their 35, but the D stood firm until JW got a pick with about 3 or 4 min left in the 4th and intelligently took a knee in the end zone. - which triggered a purple and gold flood out of the stadium.... the Stars pounded it out from there until they took the victory formation on 2 and 10 and 3rd and 11... yes the players old and new were very excited to beat a tough bunch of bulldogs. And Bryson does not stink either, the Stars defense was just too good last night. A shut out of the BtB state champs is quite a performance.

Those who predicted smyrna by 21 were 35 points wrong good call. Bryson stinks btw. Any HS running back could run through holes when gray and wilkes are on a team. He got stuck over and over again tonight. Unlike Stayley Haynes who was beasting BIG TIME. Weak line play by smyrna will be there down fall. Hope Smyrna and Riverdale miss the playoffs for once.

Maybe its not him that stinks? Maybe Siegels D is just that good.

I mean who knows tho? Last couple yrs Siegel has had a nice D tho.

As long as Tanner does what he should Siegel will be fine.

Smyrna /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> alll yr long hahahahaha

Gerald House played at least a couple of years of youth football in Smyrna. My son was on the same team. They called him G.J. then.

let's be real here. you wanna give all of the credit last year to coach shad? have you ever hear of sonny gray and rod wilks? shad has had so much talent at smyrna.....larry daniels was the best QB smyrna has EVER had he just couldnt keep his nose clean. Then came a guy named luke powell stanford signee who lead the nation in PR and KR yards at stanford. then came a guy named david wolke.....QB at NOTRE DAME!!!!! hello???? what did he ever do with those guys???? SONNY AND ROD won those 2 rings my friend!!!

2nd.... Bryson is a decent RB but again...he doesnt have sonny and rod there to bail him out with the passing game.

smyrna just EXPECTED to win last night. you should have seen how cocky the players and coaches looked getting off teh bus. all this crap about WE ARE SMYRNA and all that is rediculous. you are smyrna? you won back to back champs...good job. what did you do before that??? you act like you are some kind of RIVERDALE POWERHOUSE. good 2 years. now its back to reality for the town of smyrna!!!

Siegel ran all over smyrna last night. siegel shot themselves in the foot over and over again and still came out on top. im not sayin that siegel is a great team... but boy they sure looked like it last night against the smyrna bullPUPPIES!!

and dont forget....EVERYBODY KNOWS ITS 'BOUT SIEGEL NATION

let's be real here. you wanna give all of the credit last year to coach shad? have you ever hear of sonny gray and rod wilks? shad has had so much talent at smyrna.....larry daniels was the best QB smyrna has EVER had he just couldnt keep his nose clean. Then came a guy named luke powell stanford signee who lead the nation in PR and KR yards at stanford. then came a guy named david wolke.....QB at NOTRE DAME!!!!! hello???? what did he ever do with those guys???? SONNY AND ROD won those 2 rings my friend!!!

2nd.... Bryson is a decent RB but again...he doesnt have sonny and rod there to bail him out with the passing game.

smyrna just EXPECTED to win last night. you should have seen how cocky the players and coaches looked getting off teh bus. all this crap about WE ARE SMYRNA and all that is rediculous. you are smyrna? you won back to back champs...good job. what did you do before that??? you act like you are some kind of RIVERDALE POWERHOUSE. good 2 years. now its back to reality for the town of smyrna!!!

Siegel ran all over smyrna last night. siegel shot themselves in the foot over and over again and still came out on top. im not sayin that siegel is a great team... but boy they sure looked like it last night against the smyrna bullPUPPIES!!

and dont forget....EVERYBODY KNOWS ITS 'BOUT SIEGEL NATION

PLS don't get me started on this SIEGEL NATION bull!