Walker Valley at MCMinn

hero141

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have saw mcminn 2 times since January...i hope that the region is down this year cause they get shutout by central ( good aaa team not great) score 17 on walker valley ( almost average aaaa team on the rise) so what do we expect to happen against AAAAA TEAMS...

Ooltewah 42...0,THAT'S WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Only,if the owls have balance "OFFENSIVLY."

Ooltewah 42...0,THAT'S WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Only,if the owls have balance "OFFENSIVLY."

VOID70 that is a good name for u as you are void in your mind......The last time I looked the points dont determine how good a team is....it is the amount of wins -vs- losses.

McMinn had a good win last night againist a much improved Walker Valley team....other then the first quarter McMInn controlled both sides of the line and missed two good chances to put points on the board in the 3rd quarter.

No doubt the play of the game was Abels scrambling TD pass but what has been overlooked was the punt Stansell hit to pin WV deep in there own end and then resulting in a safety in a few plays later and getting the cherokees on the board.

After watching McMinn for the first time I like this team.....they have several threats on offense and if the O line can protect the QB this team will do some good things this year.

Bo and his staff did a good job of making some adjustments during the game and seemed well prepared.

GO TRIBE!!

i agree that mcminn has a good team....but everyone in athens talks about how 5A is better than the rest well if they cant score many points on 3a and 4a teams that are not great how will they match up in what we call the best region around....

as far as theri offense goes....the need to run the ball more to many passes.....(fumbles/droped balls) run the ball Cagle...it's not all about Ables

VOID70 that is a good name for u as you are void in your mind......The last time I looked the points dont determine how good a team is....it is the amount of wins -vs- losses.

McMinn had a good win last night againist a much improved Walker Valley team....other then the first quarter McMInn controlled both sides of the line and missed two good chances to put points on the board in the 3rd quarter.

No doubt the play of the game was Abels scrambling TD pass but what has been overlooked was the punt Stansell hit to pin WV deep in there own end and then resulting in a safety in a few plays later and getting the cherokees on the board.

After watching McMinn for the first time I like this team.....they have several threats on offense and if the O line can protect the QB this team will do some good things this year.

Bo and his staff did a good job of making some adjustments during the game and seemed well prepared.

GO TRIBE!!

"If the O-Line can protect the QB?" They better or he will get hurt. Not wishing an injury, but the Owls D-Line are beasts. I would not want to be one demensional against this defense. If you don't keep them honest with some runs up the gut and screens they will get after you and then it will be turn out the lights the party's over. Good win last night see you next Friday.

Go Owls

"If the O-Line can protect the QB?" They better or he will get hurt. Not wishing an injury, but the Owls D-Line are beasts. I would not want to be one demensional against this defense. If you don't keep them honest with some runs up the gut and screens they will get after you and then it will be turn out the lights the party's over. Good win last night see you next Friday.

Go Owls

well said. if you dont believe it. ask the mcminn coaches, im sure they were at the whites creek game

i agree that mcminn has a good team....but everyone in athens talks about how 5A is better than the rest well if they cant score many points on 3a and 4a teams that are not great how will they match up in what we call the best region around....

as far as theri offense goes....the need to run the ball more to many passes.....(fumbles/droped balls) run the ball Cagle...it's not all about Ables

NEED TO CHECK THE STATS 295 YARDS MOST ON THE RUN

NEED TO CHECK THE STATS 295 YARDS MOST ON THE RUN

because you had more rushing yards than passing yards doesnt mean you ran the ball enough...lets be real about it...if cagle stops throwing that little screen that they fumbled twice and looking deep...and hand it to mcdermott, ellison about 10 more times they will be okay...cause in my opinion the only TD pass they had was on a miracle play by the player not a good passing scheme...i also looked at those STATS your refering to and YOUR QB WAS LEADING RUSHER...so most of those rushing yards were not by design either...mcminn has a good team and can be special but from what im seeing Cagle is going to try and make it all about Ables...if they run the ball more they have a chance to be special....

one last thing...THE RUN OPENS UP THE PASS EVEN MORE...

because you had more rushing yards than passing yards doesnt mean you ran the ball enough...lets be real about it...if cagle stops throwing that little screen that they fumbled twice and looking deep...and hand it to mcdermott, ellison about 10 more times they will be okay...cause in my opinion the only TD pass they had was on a miracle play by the player not a good passing scheme...i also looked at those STATS your refering to and YOUR QB WAS LEADING RUSHER...so most of those rushing yards were not by design either...mcminn has a good team and can be special but from what im seeing Cagle is going to try and make it all about Ables...if they run the ball more they have a chance to be special....

one last thing...THE RUN OPENS UP THE PASS EVEN MORE...

2 fumbles were on the run Ellison and Mc Dermott the way i see it the spread is to do just that if the hole is there take it. i agree with you you must run to pass and pass to run. i think if you have a QB that can run and will, it only adds to your offence. look what they did last year most of the run was from the QB. I think they have a good all around ball team. But people need to get off of the ables cagle thing Cagle has shown people he knows football 7-3 last year and Ables has shown people he can lead a team and play QB