Walker Valley at MCMinn

hero141

Who is some of the players to watch on Walker Valley? The qb (Ables) and wr (Mcdermott) are some to watch for the Cherokees. The defence seems to be pretty strong but the depth is a question because of so many playing both ways. The Jackson kid is a big hitter from the safety spot.

I dont know much about Walker Valley other then they had a handful of good athletes last year and I understand that they have gotten a few more. My opinion is that they will hang in there in the beginning but will go down like a cheap pair of socks later in the game.

I am just glad that high school football is back....

GO TRIBE!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about Walker Valley other then they had a handful of good athletes last year and I understand that they have gotten a few more. My opinion is that they will hang in there in the beginning but will go down like a cheap pair of socks later in the game.

I am just glad that high school football is back....

GO TRIBE!!!

I think this one will be a little closer. I will go with the Tribe by 7 or 10.

I think this one will be a little closer. I will go with the Tribe by 7 or 10.

For the tribe to win this one the spread offense has to control the football. meaning that young line will have to give the qb time and keep him healthy. turnovers seem to hurt the cherokees in the past also. Special teams must be in favor of Mcminn with the big leg of Stansell. He'll win a game for them sometime during the year as he has in the past (Farrugut 07 ,william blount 06 to put them in ot eventully winning.)

The Cherokees are at home and have a huge chip on there shoulder from not making the playoffs last year with a 7-3 record. Listen to what I am telling you students the Tribe will roll in this one and will surprise alot of people this year with what I am calling "The trail of opponets".....

GO TRIBE!!

This should be a pretty good game. Walker Valley has pretty good speed (not Ooltewah speed, mind you, but better than most) and are much improved. McMinn's strong group of underclassmen from last year are another year older and do have a chip on their shoulder from last year's 7-3, but no playoff appearance, season. I'm going with a McMinn 7 point win, but only because it's in Athens.

Well the day is finally here for the cherokees.......the first leg of what will be a magicial season.....the players are prepared to play the coaches have prepared there game plans.....the field looks the best it has ever looked and Athens and McMinn County are ready for some high school football.

Coach Cagle has said that this game sets the tone for the rest of the season and I agree if McMinn can come out and set the tempo and limit there mistakes the Cherokees will win this one againist a much improved Walker Valley team.

This time is like no other....it is about the players making plays and coaches making adjustments it is about fans showing there support and the band doing there part it is about competiting and your desire to be the very best you can be at what you do. It is a time like no other....it is game time!

GO TRIBE!!!