Macon Vs Westmoreland

SONGWRITER

Check ya facts man....my son don't run track...

Anyway. 25 times a game may be a little much but do you not agree that 25 needs to touch the ball a little more than he does?? In the Hartsville game how many times did # 5 touch the ball...or how many times did the other back get it in a row when they rammed it down our throats...???

I've asked quite a few people and many of them feel the same way...guess i'm the only one who's willing to ask the question....I just want our football team to have the best possible chance to win...In highschool you take your best athletes and give them the ball.....period!!!

I'd love to spread the ball around to everyone and in college you can do that because you have the athletes but at the 3a level that's kinda hard to do...

I do agree reid needs the ball his share of the time.I want the same for our team as you.I dont think it matters who gets the ball,alot of our players are lazy.I hope i am not the only one in the stands on friday that see that.We play hard 1 out of 4 plays,cant tackle,wont block,dont run hard,make poor decisions ,has no fire in our guts.The T C team is good because they worked at it.I hope macon players have not excepted loosing .I feel as if our coaching staff work hard to get the boys ready,thats all they can do the guys have to play.If we come out and play the entire year the way we played friday 0-10.Westmorland is big and fast,may not be hardly as good as T C,but we will play 5 teams probably better than either one of them.Unlike these two games they count for the playoffs.That is what i hope our team is after.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fact. I personally never played, but a lot of my friends say I wouldn't be near as excited about macon football if I would've played because I would have seen the politics of macon co. I still like to see my hometown win though. My boys might play in a few years so maybe just maybe something will change. I heard that Dyer said when he took the job that if politics would stay out of the way, that in 4 years they would be in the playoffs. Everyone knows what happened. Am I right or wrong?

OK but what happened in year 5 or 6??

You never played, yet you know so much???

You would have seen and understood so much of the "GEO"political dynamic in Macon county as a 16 to 18 year old??? What is your IQ 2000???

You would have seen and understood so much of the "GEO"political dynamic in Macon county as a 16 to 18 year old??? What is your IQ 2000???

Hey 1buck2...have you hired that special "referee" from a few years back to be there again on Friday night???

And be at the "goal line" when we need him!!!

We really may need him this year!!!

Anyway, all bull aside I hope the Eagles have a good game...and I hope it's their only loss of the season...

Hey 1buck2...have you hired that special "referee" from a few years back to be there again on Friday night???

And be at the "goal line" when we need him!!!

We really may need him this year!!!

Anyway, all bull aside I hope the Eagles have a good game...and I hope it's their only loss of the season...

Oh..the infamous catch or no catch...lol

OUCH! Sometimes the truth hurts. Im afarid ol bucky2 has spoke it. We need to hear more from you. Great post.

Actually year 4 we went 7-3 in the regular season and missed out on the play-offs due to a tie breaker and year 5 we went 12-2 and went to the semi finals and year 6 went 4-6 in a heavy rebuilding year.

Here is my assessment of Macon Co.

They severely want to be a top of the line football program, but they let too many things get in the way, mostly politics.

I have a lot of dealings with people from Macon Co., and we talk football alot, and politics is a problem they bring up a lot. Don't get me wrong politics are involved in almost every program, it just seems that it's presence is more substantial in Lafayette.

It even trickles down to the pee wee league.

Lafayette had a good thing going with the travel team they had the last couple of years, but it is no longer available to the kids due to mostly politics.

An inner city or county league can work in places like Nashville, Gallatin, Clarksville, etc. but not in Lafayette.

The traveling team was playing better competition at places like Hartsville, Gordonsville, Baxter, Watertown, and others.

Macon is a 3A school and there is no reason they should lose consistently to 1A and 2A schools.

The fans are there, but every other facet of the program should be looked at closely to see what needs to be done to make the program better. Meaning cut out the politics especially.

Also, the politics in Lafayette, I've been told, has affected the program in Red Boiling. i.e. Lafayette gets everything, RBS gets nothing.

This is all the opinion of an outsider looking in.

Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

Well if you have a travel team then now let me think a minute . They had 2 travel teams and the pee wee had 10 teams so if all we had was travel ball then the rest ot the kids wouldnt get to play . Now that sounds like politics to me not keeping the pee wee around. And no we are not as big as some of the towns you mentioned but the pee wee has been here for 13 years and growing stronger and stronger and every kid gets to play. I believe that is what it about and oh ya the 03 kids played pee wee also. And i agree we should never lose to a 1 or 2 a school to many kids to pick from . They should never beat us so could someone tell me why they are.

And i agree we should never lose to a 1 or 2 a school to many kids to pick from . They should never beat us so could someone tell me why they are.

You can only pick from the kids that actually come out for football, doesn't matter if your 1A or 5A. Laziness and heart by the Tigers may have something to do with why 1A and 2A schools win.

You can only pick from the kids that actually come out for football, doesn't matter if your 1A or 5A. Laziness and heart by the Tigers may have something to do with why 1A and 2A schools win.

I disagree our coaching staff had a try out this spring and THEY CUT KIDS !!! SOME TRYED OUT AND DIDNT MAKE IT ---COULD YOU EXPLAIN THAT ONE TOO !!! I FIGURED EVERYONE WOULD MAKE IT AND THE TOUGH WOULD SURVIVE !!! BUT NOT IN MACON !!! BET THATS ONE EVERYBODY DIDNT KNOW!!!And these kids didnt even put on pads just ran and done some drills . It would be kinda hard to tell without pads on looks like to me .

Sounds to me that they dont like something or somebody. Because about 35 of those kids not playing, played jr. high ball and were good. About haif quit or got run off. The other haif has got more sense.

I gotta be honest now. I got some kin folk in TC that I told before the game that I predict a 35 to 14 win by the jackets, but I put on here that it would be like 28-7 tigers win. I was real close. There is a reason they were picked last in the region, and I know now why. It's called chemistry. They have talent, and speed and size. They gotta have some leadership, and confidence. I didn't know that TC posted on their locker room "my" post of that 28-7 tiger win. Oh well, it's called trash talk. I started it. I just got my info from the starting runningback who apparently is the only tiger that wants to win. Maybe they can regroup and work things out. They did in 2003 so who knows. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

GEO you are weak saying we would win then when we loose you come out with that .Come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!