Macon Vs Westmoreland

SONGWRITER

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes alot of guts to make an apology like that. Its hard to be a coach at any level because you thank alot of all the kids but you want to put the ones out there you thank are going to win. Sometimes you make the wrong choices and lose. Sometimes you may even make the right choices but still lose and nobody will ever know but they can still criticize.

Where would the game be without criticizing going on? They even do it on sports shows. Must have been where we learned it. Or is it just being human? Depends on one view. I see someone look at a painting and say brilliant, so much energy, bold strokes. To me it looked like they threw paint at the canvas. But that was my view.

Hello, my name is Dewayne Cothron. I was the person who The Director of Schools was talking to and I was the person who said Troy Driver requested that the Football team wasn't going the right direction and needed a change. I am writing this now to apologize to Troy, his family and especially Brock. I was speaking with Darrel and he mentioned to me that he had a parent come to him and mentioned what i quoted above. I am paraphasing here and don't remember the conversation word for word, but the jest was that this parent was not please with the program and felt it needed a change. I was watching the junior high game and listening and once this was said i mentioned to Darrel that i bet i could guest who this parent was. And i named about 4 parents. There were some people standing close by and Darrel never say a name to be but nodded when i said the names. I assumed it was Troy and I was terribly wrong. After I menitoned Troy's name Darrel never said any name just told me some of the conversation and i kept assuming it was Troy. I have later found out that it wasn't Troy and I have done Troy, his family, the Coaches, Director of School Darrel Law, and just about anyone associated with MCHS football an apology. I should have kept my mouth shut!! Instead i wanted Coach Cook to know that there was a parent going to the Director of Schools requesting a change. I coached at the junior hign level for one and had several parents who were constantly giving me trouble. I just wanted Coach Cook to know what was going on and not have the same people give him the same trouble. But Troy was not the one. So here I am. I hope this will put the blame where it needs to go and that is on me. I have done the one thing that I hoped to never do and that is to cause a distraction before a game for the Coaches and the team. And I am very sorry for Brock who is a member of Tigers and a good hard working player. I only hope no one has said anything to him or caused him any problems over this. Brock played for me and he was a very hard working and hard hitting player as were many of the players on the team. Darrel never told me who the parent was, and i only assumed his nod was to confirm by guest as to one of the 4 or, it could have been to bring my attention to the people around us and to keep our conversation low or, the other names i mentioned or just a nod as we spoke. So I just want everyone to know that I have made a big mistake and have lost respect from several of my friends, coaches, fans, players and myself for assuming and speaking out of turn. Please forgive me for my big mouth and not listening to the facts. I respect to Mr. Law and feel he is a very strong supporter of the football program. Troy is a parent who wants the best for his children. He is high strung and will voice his opinion when he feels the need. I coached Troy in junior high and know how badly he wants to win and because of this and our disagreements i jump to the assumption it was him. I will say this, I don't always agree with Troy but he will alway be honest with whoever he speaks with. I support the Tigers, the coaching staff and can assure everyone that from now on i will be keeping my mouth shut. Troy and I have spoken, Coach Cook and I have spoken, Mr. Law and I have spoken. Maybe everyone who reads this will learn a lesson from me. I am sure I have lost respect from all the above and really can't blame them. Troy Driver was wronged by me and for that i am very sorry. I have strong feeling about any parent, fan or anyone going to the Director of Schools and asking for a coached to be fired. If you have a problem with the Coach go to him or don't allow your child to play. My father coached for many years and was fired by the board because some parents felt their children should have been playing more and they did this exact thing. I remember the feeling I had when my Dad received the phone call telling him he had been fired at the board meeting and he needed to be looking for a job. My father had coached there for many years and overnight without warning he was fired because he didn't please some parents. I wouldn't want anyone to experience this. It is a sore spot with me. Maybe they should be going to the Coach and asking him what they can do to support the team. Good Luck Tigers!!

Go Tigers!!! Hit Somebody!!!!!

Its getting to serious around here, its football time in Tennessee!!!

THANK YOU MR.COTHRON. Everybody makes mistakes. You were honest the whole time, thats something i'll never forget and in your day. You one of the best football coaches in macon county. Dont let it bother ya. Ive made the same mistakes that im not proud of, but not this one. You are a honest person and a good person. Your dad was also a great man. Hold your head up,because everyone knows this is the truth. I was mad, but I respect you for your hontesty again. I was out of line with u a time or 2. Its over and im over it. Lets see how honest twinsleft and weakside69 is now.

It takes alot of guts to make an apology like that. Its hard to be a coach at any level because you thank alot of all the kids but you want to put the ones out there you thank are going to win. Sometimes you make the wrong choices and lose. Sometimes you may even make the right choices but still lose and nobody will ever know but they can still criticize.

I will echo postus lickus comment. I will also say that sometimes you can gain some respect back with honesty and humility. Mr. Cothron, you have done just that.

However, what about the person who posted Mr. Driver's name and incorrect comments???? Wonder if we will ever know who and what that person does?????

Hey dmouse, I didn't know you got on here. Don't you need to be selling real estate? I'm your co'worker, if you don't know. Initials GT. That was an awesome post you made!! I have always stuck my foot in my mouth though. Losing stinks and macon is just getting tired of it. LAZY KIDS!!!!!!! Period...........