Halls @ Sevier County

First of all, let me say that I absolutely DO NOT imply that #3 plays without heart and determination. Just the opposite! He brings a fire to the team. And I do agree that the "team" plays better with #3, but because the Halls "fans" have decided not to support a kid simply because he is a sophomore, so the "team" doesn't work as hard for him. (And don't IMPLY that I mean that #3 is any less talented than #6. He is a special player and I love to watch him play his game.) I just don't see why we can't take advantage of all of our talent instead of tearing down a kid because of his age. It's funny that the other teams in the KFL have no problem with developing the younger players, but Halls must play its upperclassmen simply because they are due? We need a big play guy. We don't have it. We need leadership, we don't have it.

We DO have a few players who are out there working hard and are determined, but we also have players who are feeling slighted and that can tear a team apart. I'm not concerned with the o'Laughlin show, I'm interested in the Halls show.

Sorry, Ironman that you are taking this so personal and unfortunately that is the attitude of our "team" but we need to all come together and support each other and feed from any spark anybody is willing to give. And yes, I saw a small spark at the end of the game. But, with all the "senior" experience we have up front this year, I would have thought we would dominate. It shouldn't be that hard to get seniors fired up to play. And it should be longer than part of a quarter or a half. I just dont' see the leadership that I thought would be there.

Weren't we the "team" to beat this year?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

orangeman -

- Agree 100% with you about leadership. Mville game I saw Johnson, Snoderly, and Turner was are designated leaders, Last night I noticed Babcock, Zabouski and Mcgill.

- I think the problem lies with everyone thinking the are the leaders, no one left to follow.

- My last comment about O'Laughlin - did you say the team doesn't try as hard when he is in?? I disagree strongly. I think he is a good player and will contribute this year. My doubt lied in his ability to carry the team. I think both he and #3 (Gibson) should play. I just think #3 is better, and deserves to get more carries. If he hasn't earned at least a start on Friday then there is nothing he can do to get one.

I can see whats happening here and to the frustration of many Halls posters and I was guilty just like so many others of being to much of a cheerleader at the start of the year. This team can not meet our expectations at the moment but fundamentally its still a very strong team especially on line play. This team isn't last years team with quick strike capability and thats tough to understand for many sitting in their seats on Friday night. But to put things into perspective these two teams we have faced could be our toughest opponents this year until week 1 in the playoffs Slow but sure should be the mantra going forward we have to keep things in perspective and do what we do best and thats run the ball and hope some of our walking wounded will return very soon.

In fairness to Fairplay most of the teams in East Tn are way down in talent this year and if you look at our District besides Maryville who do you fear really nobody and at a stretch Clinton. Central is a big question mark and even the Powell fans are discouraged after the Campbell Co. game which is very unusual for them. West lost most of their talent pool and are very young, even Bearden lost 24 seniors who we play in a non-district matchup.

So am I concerned? not really we may not go 8-2 in the regular season but we will get a playoff spot and we will continue to improve toward the end of the year. At some point we will have to address a passing game even if it's limited or I just don't see us moving very far in the playoffs.

So lets take a deep breathe and don't worry who is running the ball let the coaching staff figure all that out. Most of the time whether we agree or not they do a great job.

Nice to see a Halls fan making their first post. I am not sure about stomping and mud holes but I hope Halls can control the line of scrimmage and contain the SC passing game from making big plays.

I like the series with SC. It gives the team a chance to play a great team. It doesn't pad stats, but I think it is better to play a good opponent and lose than it is to play someone that shouldn't have a chance of winning. Those games feel like "nothing to gain and everything to lose" situations. Halls has always tried to play good teams that travel well when they come to our house. It is a good trade off.

I picked Halls to win, but I think it will feel like a very close and physical game into the fourth quarter.

you were very right about it being a close, physical game in the fourth quarter. If sc didnt have a 21 point lead going into it, they would have surely lost that one

zcar - The coaches do a great job MOST OF THE TIME. Who named you judge and jury. I heard this from Lou Holz just yesterday - coaches coach and fans cheer, coaches dont need to cheer and fans dang sure dont need to coach. That is the problem in Halls and most high school settings - the parents and fans know way more then the coaches. I'm guilty too - I still dont know if Coach Williams is the right guy to run an offense, but then again how hard can it be to call sweep, trap, dive off tackle 80% of the time.

Big question - are the players doing what the coaches are teaching Mon - Thurs? If not maybe it's they can't learn or they are not being taught good enough or its to hard. I always heard coaches say KISS - keep it simple stupid.

Winning is really simple to do when you get down to it. Whatever we do, do it better then the other team and we win!

Devilsden,

We unfortunately live in a imperfect world. I don't claim I have any answers just my humble perspective above as you have stated yours. Not a judge or jury either just feeling some of the above posts are becoming to confrontational while we are in a bad patch. If the going is good and we stood at 2-0 you probably wouldn't see many negative posts at all. But check out some earlier threads leading up to this year and you will see we didn't have much room for error and now everyone is disappointed including myself on a 0-2 start. Didn't Maryville start 0-4 and won a state championship? So all isn't all lost after two games.

I feel at the moment we are hurting our players who read these posts and they do read them believe me. I feel we don't need to apply anymore undue pressure on them as the try to turn this ship around. We can blame a number of reasons why we haven't won but I feel it's unfair to target anyone specifically. We play as a team and should all have the burden of responsibility in a loss.

In conclusion, winning is simple you outplay your opponent to win if you lose you know you got beat by a better team that night and move on to the next challenge and learn from any mistakes. Like I said before this year is far from over.

i dont see how you get that seeing as how the coaches dont play...

the coaches have got us in the right positions all be it with a few head scratching calls, but for the most part they have done good

its all about the execution

lets face it, we are 0-2 big deal, 2 games into a 10 game season. lets look at it this way, we are only 0-1 in the region, with a loss from maryville that we have had since about 2004 or so.

so if you ask me, i think we are just fine at this point. lets wait and see where we are atleast have way through the season to start pointing fingers at people.

pirateman894,

You area typical Halls parent. I haven't seen the coaches miss a block, miss a tackle, for fumble the ball. The coaches put the kids in th eright spots for them to be successful. If they arent successful then either the player didn't listen to his coach, the scheme is too hard, or they arent good enough to play the position.