Lewis Co. @ Wayne Co.

wchs78

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to both teams.. it will be a good game the stadium will be packed!!

it will be good to see how each plays it will be a great game. iam from lewis county but now i live in wayne county and have learend alot just listening to our coachs talk. one thing i will garenty wayne county will see is the jet sweep from lewis county. because coach sharpe has ran that play forever

Being an advid high school football fan I have to question whether or not Lewis Co has what it takes to defeat the wildcats of Wayne Co espeically after watching the panthers this past Friday night it was very disappointing in the way every aspect of the game was played. If LC doesn't rise to the occasion it will be a long ride back to Lewis Co. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

our chances of winning start and end with our linebackers playing better this week as a unit. too soft last week up the middle and we need to close faster off of the edge. our defense is designed for our linbackers to make most of the tackles espically against an offense like lewis county. if we will just read our keys and play our position, the system works and we can beat the panthers. if we choose to try and watch the ball and make the play once it gets to us instead of attacking the ball, lewis co will run all over us and we will have to attempt to outscore them agaisnt an always stingy defense.

we do need a great week of practice but more than anything, we need to listen to what our coaches are teaching and use those techniques in the game. it is not just about intensity at practice but rather learning how to play the game the right way. we are very talented but much of that talent is very raw. we will not be out athleted this year but we may not be mentally were we need to be yet to beat the panthers. by thursday i hope to be told by those in and around our team that we have got it together and are ready to play. this game is always a great matchup and to be less that 100% prepared will not cut it.

our chances of winning start and end with our linebackers playing better this week as a unit. too soft last week up the middle and we need to close faster off of the edge. our defense is designed for our linbackers to make most of the tackles espically against an offense like lewis county. if we will just read our keys and play our position, the system works and we can beat the panthers. if we choose to try and watch the ball and make the play once it gets to us instead of attacking the ball, lewis co will run all over us and we will have to attempt to outscore them agaisnt an always stingy defense.

we do need a great week of practice but more than anything, we need to listen to what our coaches are teaching and use those techniques in the game. it is not just about intensity at practice but rather learning how to play the game the right way. we are very talented but much of that talent is very raw. we will not be out athleted this year but we may not be mentally were we need to be yet to beat the panthers. by thursday i hope to be told by those in and around our team that we have got it together and are ready to play. this game is always a great matchup and to be less that 100% prepared will not cut it.

I agree that we were way too soft up the middle last week. Both the D-line and middle LBs got pushed around some and mostly when the starters were resting. We are going to have to have a couple of reserves step up and play big there. I'm hoping that some guys will step up and the OL and DL won't have to play both ways. It will be big if that can happen as the season goes on. I think that we have a lot of talent on the sidelines in the Jr, Soph and Freshmen classes. It may be only a mather of time but it will all come together soon.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need a big victory push here that will set the rest of the season in motion.