Franklin County Tullahoma Game

RebelHeart

The A-11 does have five ineligible receivers. Even though their numbers are eligible, it does not mean that the player is. It depends on where they line up & who is lined up against them. Same goes for some plays when the tight-end is not eligible in more conventional formations. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes, we all understand that concept.... but it makes it very difficult for the officials. They have several things to look for other than just the numbers but the reason we have those numbers labeled as ineligible is to make calling the game much easier; otherwise, they would not call them eligible or ineligible. The formations do not bother me at all, William and Mary have ran various versions of this stuff for years but they have done it with five men numbered as lineman spread all over the field. Like I said this summer on the original thread... this just makes opponents waste practice time... that's the only reason I can see for a quality team like THS using it; to force others to spend an extra ten or twenty minutes of practice time preparing to defend it.

AGAIN... the NFL and the NCAA does not have these problems because this scheme is not doable under their rules. If we take that approach we might as well allow all the arena league and Canadian stuff in too because those games are fun to watch but it is not football as we play it in the United States.

I spoke to one of the guys who runs this stuff out west and he said no one out there thinks it will be legal next year.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we all understand that concept.... but it makes it very difficult for the officials. They have several things to look for other than just the numbers but the reason we have those numbers labeled as ineligible is to make calling the game much easier; otherwise, they would not call them eligible or ineligible. The formations do not bother me at all, William and Mary have ran various versions of this stuff for years but they have done it with five men numbered as lineman spread all over the field.

AGAIN... the NFL and the NCAA does not have these problems because this scheme is not doable under their rules. If we take that approach we might as well allow all the arena league and Canadian stuff in too because those games are fun to watch but it is not football as we play it in the United States.

I spoke to one of the guys who runs this stuff out west and he said no one out there thinks it will be legal next year.

I think it only makes since to outlaw the A-11 since the next levels, NCAA and NFL, do not allow it. I will admit, I am anxious to see this offense, but not excited on how much it may be used. By the way, are cowbells illegal or frowned upon in high school?

I think it only makes since to outlaw the A-11 since the next levels, NCAA and NFL, do not allow it. I will admit, I am anxious to see this offense, but not excited on how much it may be used. By the way, are cowbells illegal or frowned upon in high school?

Don't know about the cowbells, but I say Tullahoma wins 35 to 7...

Don't you just love it? This has to be the most hyped Tullahoma-Franklin Co football game in years. Its always a great rivalry game between two neighboring counties, but this year there are so many sub-plots to this game. The poor quality game tape Tullahoma received from Franklin Co on Sunday got everything going. Franklin Co says there was no intent. Then the rumor starts that the Franklin Co football staff contacted TSSAA about the A-11 offense that Tullahoma used against Lincoln Co and asking if it was legal. According to some sources, this didn't happen. All the jokes about Tullahoma's condemned stadium and that the Franklin Co fans were going to wear hardhats to the game in Tullahoma. Supposedly there is a white tee shirt with something about Kitty litter on the front that will be worn by Rebel fans. There have been more posts on this message board about this game than I've seen in years. Not that this game needed much hype. Give the Tullahoma coaches credit for making this game much more interesting than it has been in the past with their new offense. Franklin Co has a new head coach with the former head coach on the Tullahoma staff. Coach Adkins is from Mississippi and gets his first taste of a rivalry game in southern middle tenn. Expect a packed stadium and a great game. I don't envy the officiating crew assigned to this game.

Each week, usually on the Sunday after the weekend games, coaches will swap game film of the previous Friday nite game so each coaching staff can prepare for the upcoming game. I learned, from a very reliable source, that the Tullahoma staff received a game tape of very poor quality, that looked like it was filmed by a fan sitting close to the field. It was of very poor quality and looked homemade. Whomever was responsible for this is showing no class or ethics. I do know the Tullahoma staff wouldn't stoop to such shenanigans. This happened a few years ago with another school in this area. I would hope the new coaching staff at Franklin Co wouldn't do something like that, but I'm sure they are aware of what happened. I would like to think they would take care of the situation and give the Tullahoma staff a game film of good quality like they received from Tullahoma.

okay for a reply to all this talk about the franklin county wilson central tape.the focus on the tape was not intentional. i am personally the girl who recorded the game and yes i appreciate coach atkins defending my work but he is right i am still learning how to record the games as though i have never filmed one before and have only filmed one scrimage.So yes i am still learning but i will admit it is very low to think that we would go that low as to mess with the tape. it was purelly an inoscent mistake and i extremly appaulled by the comments that you people are, leaving it shows how immature you all are!I am a highschool student and i would like to see ya'll get off your lazy butt's off the stand and actually make an effort to do something except criticize.

at least our team has people willing to support our school, why doesnt tullahoma get a media class and see how their class will do

okay for a reply to all this talk about the franklin county wilson central tape.the focus on the tape was not intentional. i am personally the girl who recorded the game and yes i appreciate coach atkins defending my work but he is right i am still learning how to record the games as though i have never filmed one before and have only filmed one scrimage.So yes i am still learning but i will admit it is very low to think that we would go that low as to mess with the tape. it was purelly an inoscent mistake and i extremly appaulled by the comments that you people are, leaving it shows how immature you all are!I am a highschool student and i would like to see ya'll get off your lazy butt's off the stand and actually make an effort to do something except criticize.

at least our team has people willing to support our school, why doesnt tullahoma get a media class and see how their class will do

Good for you! I don't think it was that big of a deal. When I played some time the tape was great and some times it was not so good. Coaches played it for us and showed us what the other guys did. You just keep working and don't worry about all this talk. I think most of the talk is just trash talk. We don't much like them and they don't like us. I heard some talk they are gonna try and run up the score. I also heard that Coach Brittan has been scouting practices at the HS. Don't know if its true but it sounds wierd.

I have two questions for the student who filmed the game and just posted:

1. Why are you posting on a high school sports message board during school hours? Shouldn't you be in class?

2. Does Franklin Co. High School have a spelling class? My goodness.

Spelling? It seems it needs better English classes altogether.

Enuf high school drama, and back to football /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The anxiety is building for me, and today will be going to town for air horns, cow bells, and other annoying noise makers. I will agree with binns, that the hype surrounding this game is amazing. I don't feel like people give FCHS enough credit as a much improved football team; however, past results from this game could be the cause. It has been since 2004 the Rebels have won this game, and only one year has been a complete blowout. I honestly expect it to be a close game, and hope we (FCHS) can put some points on the board early.

I have two questions for the student who filmed the game and just posted:

1. Why are you posting on a high school sports message board during school hours? Shouldn't you be in class?

2. Does Franklin Co. High School have a spelling class? My goodness.

That's really being an adult neyland......trashing a 16 yr old high school student. Get a life!

Spelling? It seems it needs better English classes altogether.

Enuf high school drama, and back to football /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The anxiety is building for me, and today will be going to town for air horns, cow bells, and other annoying noise makers. I will agree with binns, that the hype surrounding this game is amazing. I don't feel like people give FCHS enough credit as a much improved football team; however, past results from this game could be the cause. It has been since 2004 the Rebels have won this game, and only one year has been a complete blowout. I honestly expect it to be a close game, and hope we (FCHS) can put some points on the board early.

Let us quit all the small talk. FC dont like Tullahoma nor do we like FC. I personally do not care who Tullahoma plays at that particular time I do not like that team. We are all the same in that aspect. I have two boys that are part of the team and about this A-11 offense I think it is sad that people want to make it illegal because they can not stop it. The crying that LC done while it happened to them is nothing in comparrison to what FC is doing in anticipation of what is going to happen. When a coaching staff finds something that is hard to defend that does not make it illegal it makes them good coaches. Here at Tullahoma I think we as a town are very blessed to have some of the best. Now I am not a computer genius nor am I a English professor I am just a country boy who went to FC and now lives in Tullahoma so that will be who I'm puliing for. By the way binns I loved the show last Thursday keep up the good work.

P.S. The future looks grim for Tullahoma competition in the coming years. Starting next year.

Let us quit all the small talk. FC dont like Tullahoma nor do we like FC. I personally do not care who Tullahoma plays at that particular time I do not like that team. We are all the same in that aspect. I have two boys that are part of the team and about this A-11 offense I think it is sad that people want to make it illegal because they can not stop it. The crying that LC done while it happened to them is nothing in comparrison to what FC is doing in anticipation of what is going to happen. When a coaching staff finds something that is hard to defend that does not make it illegal it makes them good coaches. Here at Tullahoma I think we as a town are very blessed to have some of the best. Now I am not a computer genius nor am I a English professor I am just a country boy who went to FC and now lives in Tullahoma so that will be who I'm puliing for. By the way binns I loved the show last Thursday keep up the good work.

P.S. The future looks grim for Tullahoma competition in the coming years. Starting next year.

Why is it that some of the folks in Tullahoma think they are better than every body? Folks I know from THS have this real stupid cocky attitude.