Franklin County Tullahoma Game

RebelHeart

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tullahoma will get their first win of the season Friday nite against Franklin Co. There are several reasons why. It's the Wildcats first home game and they played Lincoln Co, the pre-season favorite to win the Region down to the wire at the Pit, losing 17-14 in overtime. On the Wildcat coaching staff is former Franklin Co head coach, Steve Britton, who should be able to give Tullahoma a better insight to the strengths and weaknesses of the Rebel players. Shaquille should play against Tullahoma, but its his first game this season and it could take a little time for him to get untracked. He is an outstanding athlete. I was really impressed with the Tullahoma defense against the Falcons. Since its a big rivalry game, it should be an exciting and hard fought game and I expect a huge crowd in attendance. It wouldn't surprise me if its decided in the 4th quarter like last years game at Franklin Co. The Rebels faced a real good Wilson Central team last Friday and must have played pretty good defense against a potent Wilson Central offense. I'm not sure as of right now about any injuries sustained in the Lincoln Co game, but several players were banged up pretty good. Lee Adkins is the new head football coach at Franklin Co and I'm sure he'll do a good job this season, but it takes a little time for the players to learn a new system and get adjusted to a new coaching staff. Except for this Friday nite, I wish the Rebels and their fans good luck for 2008.

Tullahoma has the potent combination of an impressive passing game and a good defense, at least from the perspective of a Lincoln County fan. The Rebels will have their hands full.

Franklin County wins thir first game this week! They lost to a very very good Wilson Central team. If Tullahoma played Wilson Central, the results probably would have been worse. Don't have a dog in the hunt, just my opinion.

Each week, usually on the Sunday after the weekend games, coaches will swap game film of the previous Friday nite game so each coaching staff can prepare for the upcoming game. I learned, from a very reliable source, that the Tullahoma staff received a game tape of very poor quality, that looked like it was filmed by a fan sitting close to the field. It was of very poor quality and looked homemade. Whomever was responsible for this is showing no class or ethics. I do know the Tullahoma staff wouldn't stoop to such shenanigans. This happened a few years ago with another school in this area. I would hope the new coaching staff at Franklin Co wouldn't do something like that, but I'm sure they are aware of what happened. I would like to think they would take care of the situation and give the Tullahoma staff a game film of good quality like they received from Tullahoma.

I really hope the tape issue is solved, and highly doubt it was on purpose. I just can't believe a staff lead by Coach Adkins or Coach Carr would act that way. Here is my outlook on the game:

FCHS: Without their starting quarterback and trying to learn new offense, the Rebels didn't play too bad against an incredibly strong WC team. Our defense is improved from last year and onyl gave up 14 to WC (230 yards total). I feel like with Shedd returning to the lineup, it will boost the moral and production of the offense. If the Rebels can keep solid defense and avoid giving up big pass plays, they will definately be in the game late. Our running game is very solid, and hopefully can help set the tone Friday night. I also like the way Coach Adkins has improved our tea attitude and discipline, this team is much improved and has alot of potential.

Tullahoma: I wish I could have been at two games at once, because the LC game sounded like a great one. I had heard nothing but amazing things about LC and always respect any Tullahoma team and their potential; however, didn't expect them to take predicted region contending LC to overtime. They will have to work hard to gain anything on the ground, but a solid passing game will expose FC's weakness at DB. If they can stopn the run and force the Rebels to throw, they will be in good shape to get their first win of the season. I also have alot of respect for Coach Olive and Coach Britton. I am glad Coach Britton found a new home and have nothing but praise about him as a person, teacher, or a coach. I wish him and the Wildcats luck, just not very much on Friday night!

I am very excited about Friday night, and will be there early and ready to go. The crowd is going to be huge and loud, creating only more adrenaline and hype for the players and this game. I hope both teams are healthy and prepared for one of the most popular games on either team's schedule.

Each week, usually on the Sunday after the weekend games, coaches will swap game film of the previous Friday nite game so each coaching staff can prepare for the upcoming game. I learned, from a very reliable source, that the Tullahoma staff received a game tape of very poor quality, that looked like it was filmed by a fan sitting close to the field. It was of very poor quality and looked homemade. Whomever was responsible for this is showing no class or ethics. I do know the Tullahoma staff wouldn't stoop to such shenanigans. This happened a few years ago with another school in this area. I would hope the new coaching staff at Franklin Co wouldn't do something like that, but I'm sure they are aware of what happened. I would like to think they would take care of the situation and give the Tullahoma staff a game film of good quality like they received from Tullahoma.

I've seen both teams play now, and from what I saw Friday night from Tullahoma, I think that the wildcats will win, if they don't turn the ball over as much as we did Friday night (5 times), mostly due to their passing game, and especially if they start running that crazy offense with no offensive lineman on the field, it is very confusing to the defense as to who is actually eliglble to go out and they line their Q.B. up about 12 yards deep so the defensive linemen cannot get to him, before rolls one way or the other and throws the ball. We really had shut their offense down for the most part, until they started that, but we really struggled with stopping it. They hadn't scored a point until that wacky formation appeared, and it was like Uh-oh, what do you do now?

I saw F.C. play Giles Co. a couple of weeks ago and they struggled at times covering the G.C. recievers, and Friday night, Tull.'s recievers looked better, and faster, than G.C.'s recievers. Plus they have about 4 or 5 different ones that they go to, but it was oblivious that # 3 Olive is the go to guy for Tullahoma.

The running game for Tull. needs to improve, then they will be very good on offense.

Just my 2 cents worth!

I hate to hear that about the film. But don't put your Tullahoma staff up too far on that pedalstool just yet. My co-worker was watching his son practice about 3 1/2 weeks ago at FC and was surprised to see Britton there taking notes. This was not a scrimmage but a practice. I am sure FC coaches know about this. Several players saw Britton at the local convience store close to the High School right after practice. The FC practice field is next to a road that many parents will just sit in their cars and watch. Several people were just shocked to see that Britton was one of the people there that day. Would that be under ethics or shenanigans on Tullahoma's part? And why in the world would the staff send Britton of all people? Did they think no one would know who he was?

Who knows binns, maybe that's the way they operate in Mississippi or wherever this coach is from.I'm sure we will overcome and our kids will play harder than ever friday night.I hope they start out offensively like they played the 4th quarter at LIncoln County.Good luck wildcats friday night.Congratulations to the coaches and players on the Lincoln county game,even though we lost you played hard and never gave up!That's all a person can ask for.Go get the rebels! cousy!

I hate to hear that about the film. But don't put your Tullahoma staff up too far on that pedalstool just yet. My co-worker was watching his son practice about 3 1/2 weeks ago at FC and was surprised to see Britton there taking notes. This was not a scrimmage but a practice. I am sure FC coaches know about this. Several players saw Britton at the local convience store close to the High School right after practice. The FC practice field is next to a road that many parents will just sit in their cars and watch. Several people were just shocked to see that Britton was one of the people there that day. Would that be under ethics or shenanigans on Tullahoma's part? And why in the world would the staff send Britton of all people? Did they think no one would know who he was?

I would call that scouting!

Scouting or watching practice doesn't have anything to do with swapping quality game film. The film Tullahoma received was hardly watchable. Maybe we can get a good game film from Wilson Central. As far as Coach Britton being at one of Rebels practices, I don't have a clue. I think practices are open to the public and I'm sure there have been some Franklin co people at Tullahoma to watch a practice. Just about everyone does that. If the Rebels have closed practices, then I could see a problem. From what I've seen, Coach Britton is Franklin Co's loss and Tullahoma's gain.