TOPPERS @ CYCLONES

Your facts are??¦for the lack of a better word??¦ludicrous. Actually ludicrous fits perfectly. Obviously you overlooked the fact that I stated in an earlier post that Elizabethton made it to the semifinal game of the 4A State playoffs in 97??™, 98??™, and 99??™. Two of those years are within the last decade genius /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Oh and about loosing to HV in 2000...that is true and Cloudland did crush HV that same year, but you failed to mention two other facts about that same year. Cloudland also manhandled Johnson County 32 to 8, and in the same year Elizabethton beat every other team in their conference including THS (14-7) and South (34-15). Just to add to that they were Conference Champions in 98??™ and 99??™; finished second in the conference in 2000 and 2002; third in the conference in 01??™, 03??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your facts are??¦for the lack of a better word??¦ludicrous. Actually ludicrous fits perfectly. Obviously you overlooked the fact that I stated in an earlier post that Elizabethton made it to the semifinal game of the 4A State playoffs in 97??™, 98??™, and 99??™. Two of those years are within the last decade genius /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Oh and about loosing to HV in 2000...that is true and Cloudland did crush HV that same year, but you failed to mention two other facts about that same year. Cloudland also manhandled Johnson County 32 to 8, and in the same year Elizabethton beat every other team in their conference including THS (14-7) and South (34-15). Just to add to that they were Conference Champions in 98??™ and 99??™; finished second in the conference in 2000 and 2002; third in the conference in 01??™, 03??

Very respectable showing by the Cyclones and I'm sure they are looking forward to next Friday night!

From what I have read IN THE PAPERS, the Cyclones held their own against an always deeper SH team. Turnovers by both teams seem to have been a key in this game....... ? and Elizabethton apparently has some speed and technique on both sides of the ball. That is taught and the kids obviously want to learn & succeed as they continue to rebuild a once broken program. FANTASTIC!

CYCLONE PRIDE!

High Five Cap. Give it to'em.

And Cap, I should apologize for ever trying to scold you on the DB threads. That was a mistake, I learned my lesson, my apologies.

Apology excepted but it's truly not necessary. I take most of this as in the spirit of competition. We all obviously love NET high school football. Believe me if anyone ever questioned the legacy of DB football, I would be right there to defend. Of course you guys wouldn't need any help with your strong Coacht following...but I would have your back! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very respectable showing by the Cyclones and I'm sure they are looking forward to next Friday night!

From what I have read IN THE PAPERS, the Cyclones held their own against an always deeper SH team. Turnovers by both teams seem to have been a key in this game....... ? and Elizabethton apparently has some speed and technique on both sides of the ball. That is taught and the kids obviously want to learn & succeed as they continue to rebuild a once broken program. FANTASTIC!

CYCLONE PRIDE!

What's happening Glee...long time no hear from. I hope all is well. You would have been proud of your Cyclones. Had it not been for a couple of untimely turnovers this would have been the confidence booster that would have taken them over the top this year. Your observation was right on the money but after the Cyclones first possession it didn't look good for the home team. But they bounced back and handled their own for the rest of the game. That's a direct reflection on the coach in my opinion because they could have just laid down and took the beating and nobody would have been surprised. About Science Hill...you wouldn't believe how loaded this team appears to be. Speed, size, and full of athleticism and this waco coach can't do nothin with it. I hope they keep him for awhile. That would give the rest of us time to get up to speed with the realignment. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Good job to the Cyclones and Coach Witten! I played with him in 95-99. We had some great teams in that time! Etown was very good in the late 90's! if not for the team in Knoxville (Maryville) the clones could have had 3 gold rings instead of the silver rings I got.

GREAT job to my boy Shawn in bringing the pride back! good luck!

I realize that i'm new to this but lets try to stick to the present and what is going on now not 10 years ago.

Hey...it was your boy that asked where have the Cyclones been the last decade. I just simple laid it out for him. But if you want to talk recent history we can do that too. how bout THS 36 JC 17!!!! Thats your most current score against my team...any more questions? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

What's happening Glee...long time no hear from. I hope all is well. You would have been proud of your Cyclones. Had it not been for a couple of untimely turnovers this would have been the confidence booster that would have taken them over the top this year. Your observation was right on the money but after the Cyclones first possession it didn't look good for the home team. But they bounced back and handled their own for the rest of the game. That's a direct reflection on the coach in my opinion because they could have just laid down and took the beating and nobody would have been surprised. About Science Hill...you wouldn't believe how loaded this team appears to be. Speed, size, and full of athleticism and this waco coach can't do nothin with it. I hope they keep him for awhile. That would give the rest of us time to get up to speed with the realignment. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cap,

You are the man. I get on here every now and then to check on things. NET is a great area and I really miss alot of the people and the sports. Football is strong here in Lex and you know I get out on Friday to check it out. Stay in touch...... glee1001@aol.com

Etown was very good in the late 90's! if not for the team in Knoxville (Maryville) the clones could have had 3 gold rings instead of the silver rings I got.

Your memory needs to be updated. In 97 Pearl Cohn beat Maryville bad in the Championship game in 98 you have a point. In 99 Knox Central beat EHS and then got beat in the championship game. So maybe one gold ring but no way 3.

What ugly uniform will EHS wear this Friday? The pants at HV were ugly and silver pants is nowhere in the Cyclone colors. The orange on orange looked like they were going deer hunting. Orange on white or white on orange would look good.

I will pick EHS 21-14. If EHS can stay in the lead Johnson County will go redneck and get some stupid penalties and cost theirselves.

Guest longhorns51

Etown was very good in the late 90's! if not for the team in Knoxville (Maryville) the clones could have had 3 gold rings instead of the silver rings I got.

Your memory needs to be updated. In 97 Pearl Cohn beat Maryville bad in the Championship game in 98 you have a point. In 99 Knox Central beat EHS and then got beat in the championship game. So maybe one gold ring but no way 3.

What ugly uniform will EHS wear this Friday? The pants at HV were ugly and silver pants is nowhere in the Cyclone colors. The orange on orange looked like they were going deer hunting. Orange on white or white on orange would look good.

I will pick EHS 21-14. If EHS can stay in the lead Johnson County will go redneck and get some stupid penalties and cost theirselves.

Thats right we will go redneck if were winning or losing you get it from kickoff to final whistle.

Go Horns

I guess I need to tell the ole Capt. that I am a Cloudland fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And I was only talking about from 2000 til now. Cloudland would have beaten Elizabethton as bad as they wanted to from 2000 through 2003 and Hampton would have beaten you all as bad as they wanted to have from 2004 through 2007. I don't think this year will be any different. As tough of a game that Hampton gave Johnson Co., I don't look for it to be that tough when Elizabethton gets easily defeated by the longhorns. The point I'm trying to make is your leadership are cowards. They never would put us on the schedule for 2 reasons: to put on the front that they are too good to play the smaller county schools and that they should keep the tougher opponents such as DB and Science Hill. The other reason is deep down the leaders at Elizabethton knew what the outcome would be if they did play these smaller schools. It would have drawn a huge gate and then a big crowd would have got to see a once dominant program embarrassed on their home field. If you think that loss to HV was embarrassing back in 2000 just imagine getting beaten by 6 touchdowns by single A Cloudland! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I promise to Jesus it would have happened. And I absolutely love getting on here and humbling you cyclone fans with the truth! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />