HAMPTON VS. ONEIDA

I NEVER SAID THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE A BLOW OUT EITHER WAY.....BUT IT IS GOING TO BE A FIGHT ALL NIGHT LONG BOTH TEAMS WILL HAVE A VERY TOUGH GAME AHEAD... BUT HAMPTON REALLY WANTS A WIN AFTER LAST WEEK.... I TALKED TO ONE OF HAMPTONS COACHES ABOUT ONE HOUR AGO AND HE WAS VERY TORE UP ABOUT THE LOSS AND THE DOGS WILL HAVE A HARD PRACTICE COMMING UP... BUT DID OHS WIN LAST WEEK?

I think this is going to be a good game. If Hampton can score quick on Oneida then they can build the confidence needed to win. Then on the other hand if Oneida can score first then can Hamptons younger players step up.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to say I am a scout, I just state the facts, Yes they beat a good Rockwood Team, I thought Rockwoods Passing Game would work well against Oneida secondary, But Oneida is almost the same team they were 3 years ago, I would say if you compared the the years would almost be exact. I think you are a parent and are thinking with your heart, I just read the papers and I do travel for a living and see a lot of different teams, That doesn't make my opinion better than your if that was true would all have different jobs.Oneida defense is still one of the best in the state, but the only teams they score big on are the same teams everyone beats up. I just think you might want to dress warmly, It might just be a long cold nite .

I used the wrong words . I should have said you sound like a critic . not trying to be sarcastic.

Yes I am a parent . I do beleive Oneida's defense will live up to their reputation. The one place we disagree is Oneida's offense . We will have to wait until friday to see who is wright ! I am not saying hampton is a push over.

I know they are the real deal , that is what makes this game one alot of people look forward to each year.

I used the wrong words . I should have said you sound like a critic . not trying to be sarcastic.

Yes I am a parent . I do beleive Oneida's defense will live up to their reputation. The one place we disagree is Oneida's offense . We will have to wait until friday to see who is wright ! I am not saying hampton is a push over.

I know they are the real deal , that is what makes this game one alot of people look forward to each year.

Here let me help you, This will let you know what your walking into, sorry but Hampton got a transfer http://www.starhq.com/news/html/sports/art...sp-hampton.html

I am not trying to say I am a scout, I just state the facts, Yes they beat a good Rockwood Team, I thought Rockwoods Passing Game would work well against Oneida secondary, But Oneida is almost the same team they were 3 years ago, I would say if you compared the the years would almost be exact. I think you are a parent and are thinking with your heart, I just read the papers and I do travel for a living and see a lot of different teams, That doesn't make my opinion better than your if that was true would all have different jobs.Oneida defense is still one of the best in the state, but the only teams they score big on are the same teams everyone beats up. I just think you might want to dress warmly, It might just be a long cold nite .

Oneida's Record the past 3 years

2005 (4-6) Missed playoffs the first time in 20 some years (not sure about the exact number of years). Scored 11.3 points per game and held opponents to 13.8. Even with the dismal record the Indians had an All State Linebacker.

2006 (5-6) 4 seat in Region 2. Scored 15.2 points per game and held opponents to 14.4. Played 2 ??“ AA teams, one was a playoff team that year.

2007 (7-5) 2 seat in Region 2. Scored 22.6 points per game and held opponents to 11.8. Hosted and won a playoff game for the first time in 4 years. Played 2 ??“ AA teams both were playoff teams that year.

If you go back and look "at the facts" Oneida is playing better against better teams including this year. Coach Lambert dumped the cupcake from Kentucky and added Watertown. That??™s a 3 hour drive right into the heart of Region 4. Very tuff team. The only thing that hasn??™t changed is the Indian defense. It has been pretty solid thru some turbulent years.

Your contempt for Oneida is thicker than a fat woman's slice of chocolate cake. Please don??™t pretend like your unbiased. I could almost hear your teeth gnash when you picked the Indians to win by a slim 7 last week. I don't care. But, if your gonna quote the facts, then quote them. Otherwise, just say you don??™t like Oneida and hope they loose.

I talked with PUJO, the other day and PUJO says to tell everyone that he is doing just fine. He said one young lad he knows has his computer and is working on it as we speak. I think this game will be a good one on Friday. Oneida has a good defense and Hampton is young but talented. I am not sure about Oneida's offense just yet. The young lads from Oneida must get better on the offensive side of the ball to achieve "Legend Status." Hampton's coach and assistant coach are both Living Legends. It amazes me that Hampton is able to keep Coach Lunsford around again this season. Lunsford is a true Living Legend coach and those are hard to come by. Good luck on Friday to the young lads on both teams and remember, Achieving Legend Status is a choice.

Oneida's Record the past 3 years

2005 (4-6) Missed playoffs the first time in 20 some years (not sure about the exact number of years). Scored 11.3 points per game and held opponents to 13.8. Even with the dismal record the Indians had an All State Linebacker.

2006 (5-6) 4 seat in Region 2. Scored 15.2 points per game and held opponents to 14.4. Played 2 ??“ AA teams, one was a playoff team that year.

2007 (7-5) 2 seat in Region 2. Scored 22.6 points per game and held opponents to 11.8. Hosted and won a playoff game for the first time in 4 years. Played 2 ??“ AA teams both were playoff teams that year.

If you go back and look "at the facts" Oneida is playing better against better teams including this year. Coach Lambert dumped the cupcake from Kentucky and added Watertown. That??™s a 3 hour drive right into the heart of Region 4. Very tuff team. The only thing that hasn??™t changed is the Indian defense. It has been pretty solid thru some turbulent years.

Your contempt for Oneida is thicker than a fat woman's slice of chocolate cake. Please don??™t pretend like your unbiased. I could almost hear your teeth gnash when you picked the Indians to win by a slim 7 last week. I don't care. But, if your gonna quote the facts, then quote them. Otherwise, just say you don??™t like Oneida and hope they loose.

What does this prove,Oneida can not score Ponts, played 2 AA teams and lost played 2 A region winners, in all their loses 17 points is the most they scored. When push comes to shove the O can not keep up. Maybe your right and this year will be differant, They did score 21 on Rockwood + a def score, but I will have to see it to believe it, As for the increase in points they played a weak unaka and scored more on oakdale, sunbright and the kee's.that is were the increase in points come from, I know you also must have kids in the school system.I wish you all luck.

What does this prove,Oneida can not score Ponts, played 2 AA teams and lost played 2 A region winners, in all their loses 17 points is the most they scored. When push comes to shove the O can not keep up. Maybe your right and this year will be differant, They did score 21 on Rockwood + a def score, but I will have to see it to believe it, As for the increase in points they played a weak unaka and scored more on oakdale, sunbright and the kee's.that is were the increase in points come from, I know you also must have kids in the school system.I wish you all luck.

It proves that Oneida's offense is getting better against better teams. This is the first year in the past 4 that Oneida has brought back the same offensive coordinator. Last year was the first year in the past 3 where the Indians scored in every single game. Did you know that 3 years ago the Indians scored 6 points against Oakdale, in overtime! Thats 6 points, in overtime, vs Oakdale.

A team just doesn't roll out of bed and score 40+ points on Hampton, Midway, Harriman, etc... It takes steady improvement over several years to build or rebuild a winning program. I personally know a junior this year who shaved 3/10th of a second off his 40 yd dash from his freshmen year. Thats the difference in a 4.9 and 4.6 in 40 yds.

I have no idea who will win Friday. I do know Oneida will be getting on the bus and will be ready to knock around. It should be a very good game. I just sincerely hope Hampton shares your view of Oneida's offense. Thanks for the luck. It might very well come down to a bounce of the ball.

I talked with PUJO, the other day and PUJO says to tell everyone that he is doing just fine. He said one young lad he knows has his computer and is working on it as we speak. I think this game will be a good one on Friday. Oneida has a good defense and Hampton is young but talented. I am not sure about Oneida's offense just yet. The young lads from Oneida must get better on the offensive side of the ball to achieve "Legend Status." Hampton's coach and assistant coach are both Living Legends. It amazes me that Hampton is able to keep Coach Lunsford around again this season. Lunsford is a true Living Legend coach and those are hard to come by. Good luck on Friday to the young lads on both teams and remember, Achieving Legend Status is a choice.

Hey Legend! You need to drive over and watch the game live. Doesn't get much better in late August!