BGA at FRA

Weekend: Bearden, Oak Ridge, Baylor and Hendersonville Tournaments

Riverdale at Soddy-Daisy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheSportsGuy

This Poll looks familiar...where have we seen it before? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Uh oh, still not Braircrest despite the widely documented beat down they put on Houston (Subjectively Ranked #6/10).

Uh oh, still not Braircrest despite the widely documented beat down they put on Houston (Subjectively Ranked #6/10).

As this point in the game, I would suspect rankings are more based on last year's results and reputation rather than the results of any scrimmage or two. Many coaches use the scrimmages to try out different players that they are still trying to figure out rather than playing just their starting line-up. Having said that, a W is still a W, and Briarcrest's win over Houston is still impressive. If Briarcrest is "the real deal", then they will get the honors you believe they deserve as the season progresses.

BTW, as a ND fan, I still hold a grudge against Briarcrest for the spanking we got in football 4 years ago in the D2 semi-finals.

As this point in the game, I would suspect rankings are more based on last year's results and reputation rather than the results of any scrimmage or two. Many coaches use the scrimmages to try out different players that they are still trying to figure out rather than playing just their starting line-up. Having said that, a W is still a W, and Briarcrest's win over Houston is still impressive. If Briarcrest is "the real deal", then they will get the honors you believe they deserve as the season progresses.

BTW, as a ND fan, I still hold a grudge against Briarcrest for the spanking we got in football 4 years ago in the D2 semi-finals.

It is true... a shortened scrimmage game is not quite as regimented as a "true" season counting game. However, both teams pretty much played their starting veterans for the first part of the scrimmage and then both teams played their benches for the last part of the scrimmage. We are hoping for Briarcrest to have repeat scoring performances over the weeks to come and to play well this weekend in the Katie Hunter Tournament....and earn the right to have the Briacrest name on the top 10 list! At Katie Hunter last year, Briarcrest played well only losing one game on the weekend.

On another note, Briarcrest football is not the same as it was years ago, but it is on an upturn this year! We hope to see some continued improvement there. (By the way, I grew up in Chattanooga and it is a great city....going to GPS until moving away to Kentucky. I hated leaving such an awesome city, but my allegiance now is to West TN teams).

Guest TheSportsGuy

Don,

I am not a Briarcrest fan either. This was the cause of every one to get bent out of shape on the other thread. But that was my point, it is SUBJECTIVE.

BTW, Braircrest has not done to much spanking in football since that time. Good luck this weekend in the Chattanooga tourney! How is your team looking?

Don,

I am not a Briarcrest fan either. This was the cause of every one to get bent out of shape on the other thread. But that was my point, it is SUBJECTIVE.

BTW, Braircrest has not done to much spanking in football since that time. Good luck this weekend in the Chattanooga tourney! How is your team looking?

SportsGuy, if this poster could ask, how are you using this information and are you publishing it yourself?

what part of "scores and game summaries only, please" do you guys not understand??

Soc67, I TOTALLY understand what this thread is about and your comment. I beg your indulgence. Since so many folks are on here referencing Briarcrest, I would like to make a plea that someone of their following, get their team on EurosporstscoreBoard. They don't even auto-populate when other teams post them as an opponent. With so many caring, someone should post their scores. Surprised the coach is not monitoring.

Guest TheSportsGuy

SportsGuy, if this poster could ask, how are you using this information and are you publishing it yourself?

Explain your question a little more clearly please.