Greenbrier at David Lipscomb

stampede

Let's discuss this in person. After you leave Bobcuts today can you stop by the Amish store and pick up some molasses? They go great with biscuits and scrambled eggs. Then, stop by and pick up Mayor Wilson and tell him we have reserved seating waiting for him since he's a fellow Camelite. He'll be sitting with the mayor of Lipscomb, the Honorable Chuck Ross. Chuck is a very kind fellow but tell the mayor he can rub the Bison but he can't borrow a pencil. I'll be there as well. I'll have the upper middle class Camelite uniform, khaki pants, starched white button down, tasseled loafers and severely parted blond hair which may or may not be the real color. Tap me on the shoulder and say, "We hate Goodpasture too" that way I'll know it's you.

With a high opinion of yourself?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb wins with 2nd string playing the entire 2nd half. Thanks for the DL web crew that let those of us less mobile watch the game. I must say that DL looked like the reigning state champs tonight.

Greenbrier's 2nd team played the entire second half too, and held DL scoreless so that is something positive I guess. Congrats to DL.

It's apparent to me that this game was all about Coach Mac & Co. showing how much CLASS that they have. Unlike most coaches the David Lipscomb Mustangs are all for calling off the dogs when they have a team beaten soundly in a football contest. I said that last year and this year it holds true. 42-3 at the half and the starters didn't play a snap in the second half. I'd probably be willing to bet that the Lipscomb offense didn't run anything besides trap and buck sweep in the entire second half either.

Both of these teams will go on to have success. Greenbrier is young and they will grow and mature over the course of the year. Coach Williams & Co. do a great job there.

Cheatham Co. has to play these two teams back-to-back in Week 4 & Week 5. With Giles & Sycamore prior to those games and Marshall following those games it is obvious that the schedule is about to get tough over the course of the next 5 weeks.

BEST OF LUCK TO DAVID LIPSCOMB & GREENBRIER!!!!! Both teams have games this upcoming week against much improved teams in Page & DeKalb Co. respectively.

How is #16 doing? I hope his injury is not too serious. Ran into a DL assistant yesterday morning and he said the doctor was afraid his arm could be bad. Hopefully, he'll be alright and GB can go on a have a good year. Everything I have read he seems to be a great kid.

I have heard it was broken, and I heard today that it was a pinched nerve and would be ready to go Monday. HOPE IT IS THE LATER. He went down on the first play on defense. You could see the air being drawn out of the entire green nation when he came off the field.