Greenbrier at David Lipscomb

stampede

I don't have a horse in the race but would love to watch this one. May try to catch the part of the webcast when I get home Friday night. I really think DL is the best team int the state AAA, but I believe the Bobcats could give them fits. I think it will be close with DL coming out on top. I'm rooting for you Bobcats from East TN. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

JwCardin, thanks for rooting for the Bobcats! This game is a big one for us every year and we look forward to the same Friday night. The Bobcats have to forget that this is the 3A State Champ and remember a win over DL is not impossible, although many consider it improbable. In 2004, Greenbrier was the only team other than Alcoa (in late November) to beat the Mustangs. The Bobcats repeated the win again in 2005 to be the only ones to beat them until they played Livingston Academy in the Championship game. Granted that was a different team for both schools, but the coaching staff, at least for Greenbrier remained the same. It all depends on what these boys can give on the field. Coming off the amazing win Friday night, I hope the Bobcats are pumped and thirsty for another W. Anything can happen. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Might not be a bad thing for the Mustangs either, seeing it sent them on a winning run in both 2004 and 2005! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should turn out to be another interesting matchup. We need our crowd to get nice and cozy and make some noise. Friday night was somewhat boring for about three quarters. Just hope Coach Williams keeps them focused and they forget that Gold Ball thing...and DL doesn't overlook the Bobcats.

Good luck Cat, Should be a good one...............

From Starr Mountain to Greenbriar---GO BOBCATS!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the great twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." tr

Yeah, Good Luck to the Bobcats. You earn our respect last year in the first round.

Lipscomb Giving 14, reasoning Greenbrier not as big as in years past and cant match up with Lipscomb playing their style of football. Lipscomb is gonna run the trap, buck sweep, shift to wing over buck sweep, motion the wing and run the rocket sweep, fake the rocket run the iso behind it and when you figure all this out the are gonna break your backs with the simple one reciever slant touchdown, fade touchdown! Lipscomb covers the spread and wins by 21!

Actually, I believe it is "Campbellites," after Alexander Campbell.

Really!! I thought it was Camelites because the Mustangs are like camels and they don't need a lot of water. Thanks so much for setting me straight especially about the spelling. Wow, you guys CAN do more than produce eggs.

Really!! I thought it was Camelites because the Mustangs are like camels and they don't need a lot of water. Thanks so much for setting me straight especially about the spelling. Wow, you guys CAN do more than produce eggs.

Not a problem, glad to be of service.

A mustang laying an egg, that would add fuel to the creationism vs. darwinism debate wouldn't it?

Arent' camellites cigarettes?

Not a problem, glad to be of service.

A mustang laying an egg, that would add fuel to the creationism vs. darwinism debate wouldn't it?

Arent' camellites cigarettes?

Let's discuss this in person. After you leave Bobcuts today can you stop by the Amish store and pick up some molasses? They go great with biscuits and scrambled eggs. Then, stop by and pick up Mayor Wilson and tell him we have reserved seating waiting for him since he's a fellow Camelite. He'll be sitting with the mayor of Lipscomb, the Honorable Chuck Ross. Chuck is a very kind fellow but tell the mayor he can rub the Bison but he can't borrow a pencil. I'll be there as well. I'll have the upper middle class Camelite uniform, khaki pants, starched white button down, tasseled loafers and severely parted blond hair which may or may not be the real color. Tap me on the shoulder and say, "We hate Goodpasture too" that way I'll know it's you.