7AAA

live2succeed

Just couldn't make a post without throwing a jab at Riverdale, could you. Calling any team a softie is bulletin board material. Don't forget you have the same so-called softies from our district on your schedule also. While Siegel does play a very tough out of district schedule, Riverdales playing a much tougher schedule this year than years past with Baylor, Franklin, Hendersonvlle, Soddy, etc. I also remember our "soft" schedule didn't hurt us the 3 times we beat Siegel last year and yeah, I know, with those rose color glasses your wearing, you feel Siegel should have won those games too. Lot of soccer left to be played and it MAY come down to the final game again.

I think live2succeed's point is Riverdale runs up their scores on the rural teams that have don't have the select player population that Murfreesboro schools have. Siegel played White County last week and won 7-0. After the score gets to 4-0 in the first half Coach Shelton requires that the girls can only score with headers. Also many of the jv and subs get a lot of playing time in these games.

We watch Riverdale run these games up to 12-0 or 10-0 and wonder if they are just trying to pad their stats. Granted this year they have scheduled some tougher opposition this year and we will see how they fair in those games. They did beat Soddy Daisy 1-0 taking some revenge from last years 1-0 loss in the sectional.

Will be interested in seeing how they fair against Baylor. Siegel played Baylor losing 4-2 but the lead in that game went back and forth until the injury to Siegel's starting goalie. Not sure that would have made much difference anyway. Baylor's Good!

Here how I see it with my rose colored glasses on. Siegel's defense in better than it has been in 3 years. Riverdales defense is softer due to graduating their goalie from last year. Riverdales offense is still very good but so is Siegel's. Siegel takes district and Regionals this year but Riverdale still makes it to State tournament with Siegel.

Any major injuries then all bets are off. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think live2succeed's point is Riverdale runs up their scores on the rural teams that have don't have the select player population that Murfreesboro schools have. Siegel played White County last week and won 7-0. After the score gets to 4-0 in the first half Coach Shelton requires that the girls can only score with headers. Also many of the jv and subs get a lot of playing time in these games.

We watch Riverdale run these games up to 12-0 or 10-0 and wonder if they are just trying to pad their stats. Granted this year they have scheduled some tougher opposition this year and we will see how they fair in those games. They did beat Soddy Daisy 1-0 taking some revenge from last years 1-0 loss in the sectional.

Will be interested in seeing how they fair against Baylor. Siegel played Baylor losing 4-2 but the lead in that game went back and forth until the injury to Siegel's starting goalie. Not sure that would have made much difference anyway. Baylor's Good!

Here how I see it with my rose colored glasses on. Siegel's defense in better than it has been in 3 years. Riverdales defense is softer due to graduating their goalie from last year. Riverdales offense is still very good but so is Siegel's. Siegel takes district and Regionals this year but Riverdale still makes it to State tournament with Siegel.

Any major injuries then all bets are off. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'll except your explainaton, Your rose colored glasses aren't blinding. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Keeper, thats why I said it MAY come down to the last game. Blackman could be that sleeping Giant that no team should be looking past. I expect the Lady Blaze to be right in the thick of it all year long.

Ehh a good solid third. I would love to see them surprise some folks, but there doesn't seem to be any pesticide to take care of the injury bug this year.

So, what your saying is....they have a solid 11, but lack depth.

So, what your saying is....they have a solid 11, but lack depth.

Yes, I guess thats right or solid 12,13. But I dont know many High School teams that if they lost key players can replace them and it will surely effect the teams ability to make it thru to state. Knock on wood that has not happened although our starting keeper is coming back this week from a knee cap injury during the Baylor game. I will say our back up keeper Claire stepped up and has played well.

Cane I think for Siegel and Collierville to match up this year it would have to be in the State final...hope we both make it. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just couldn't make a post without throwing a jab at Riverdale, could you. Calling any team a softie is bulletin board material. Don't forget you have the same so-called softies from our district on your schedule also. While Siegel does play a very tough out of district schedule, Riverdales playing a much tougher schedule this year than years past with Baylor, Franklin, Hendersonvlle, Soddy, etc. I also remember our "soft" schedule didn't hurt us the 3 times we beat Siegel last year and yeah, I know, with those rose color glasses your wearing, you feel Siegel should have won those games too. Lot of soccer left to be played and it MAY come down to the final game again.

I can assure you Siegel doesn't take any opponent, in the district or out of their district, for granted. Anything can happen on any given day that may decide the outcome of a game. Siegel has always played a tough non-district schedule simply to make them a better, more prepared team should they make it to post season play. A few losses to quality teams during the season don't mean a thing if they can in any way help you make it to Chattanooga at the end of October.

Siegel's defense in better than it has been in 3 years.

I admire, the "best we've ever been" mentality and agree that that attitude is critical to success. That being said, you made a pretty strong statement. Comparable stats don't bear that out. Through six games excluding scrimmages in the season the 06 GAA was .67 current is 1.0. 06 at same point had played 5 teams with winning records, just three for the current. While the 07 team had a GAA of 1.3, they too had played 5 teams with winning records. From a statistical stand point, I will agree you are stronger than the 05 team (GAA 1.3 against 3 with winning record). Just looked at this to validate my perception of seeing Siegel play, Which is, while a very good team that will advance beyond district; is not as "scary" as in years past. That said, it still may come together for them.

As you said, Riverdale will have their own challanges. Fortuantely, in their system of play, the defense requres a good keeper, but does not demand a great keeper for them to have a formidable defense. That's a good thing in that great keepers at the high school level are far and few between. From what I have seen, keeping at Siegel won't make or break the season. Both are very good.

When these two teams meet, center mids and wings will define the winner.

Yes , it is sad that I have kept these stats for the past 5 years. But I am not going to this year.

Riverdale 12 and Warren County 0 /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

CAK 15-0 Loudon

Franklin 10-0 Hillsboro

USJ 11-0 Lexington

FRA 9-0 Ezell

Brentwood 10-0 Clarksville

I could go on and on. It happens. Lopsided scores happen way more often in football than in soccer. Not trying to show the other team up or pad stats, just happens.

Ha nope I couldn't. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The boards were getting a little quiet and i thought i'd liven them up a bit. I like the back and forth banter. My whole point about the so called softies is that Riverdale has never really had a tough OUT OF DISTRICT schedule, wasn't talking about in district. However, I am glad to hear that Riverdale is playing a tougher schedule. Makes for more interesting reading than the usual 10-0 scores. Yes, you did beat us 3 times last year. Just like we beat you 3 times the year before. Don't make it seem like beating us 3 times was something we had never done to you. I'm not gonna say we should have won those games because if we should have we would have. Yes, there were some unfortunate actions that hurt us (remember Anna Grace tearing her other ACL , maggie not playing the last 2 games /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ) but we were not able to overcome therefore we lost. So, please do not try to act like you know that I think we should have won. Maybe you should take your rose color glasses off that make you think my sole purpose in life is to hate on Riverdale. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh, MVM, was not saying Cleveland was a softie, just some of the other 7AAA teams. You gave Siegel one heck of a game last october during that sectional game. So please don't feel like I included you in that.

Thank you BRSoccer! It seems you understood my point even if no one else did.

CAK 15-0 Loudon

Franklin 10-0 Hillsboro

USJ 11-0 Lexington

FRA 9-0 Ezell

Brentwood 10-0 Clarksville

I could go on and on. It happens. Lopsided scores happen way more often in football than in soccer. Not trying to show the other team up or pad stats, just happens.

Yes, it happens but is this is a constant trend with these teams? Idk. But do I normally see these other teams scores? No. However, I do see Riverdale's scores alot. That might have a small small reason of why I comment on Riverdale's scores. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />