Grundy vs Whitwell

WLS11

Well shoot my monkey. Ole Delmar spends a few months in the company of Sheriff Shoupe up in Sparta and now these Whutwull folks have done gone and got themselfs a football team. I reckon all that early practice sessions last year before the season started actually payed off. Cousin Cleatus always says cheaters dont win but i'm guessin he must be wrong bout that. I heared from a buddy of mine that them people at Whutwull done hired more of them boys from Jasper to coach their team. Guess if you cant beat em, hire em. Trouble is them boys at Jasper dont know nothin about football neither. One thangs for sure tho. Them boys at Whutwull dont need to be gettin farred up over one win. My yeller jackets are not gonna be as easy as them academy boys from Scottsboro. This game wont even be close cause no team from the Great Valley can hold a candle to my beloved Coalmont Coalition. My perdiction is Grundy 68 - Jasper coached Tigers 6. Why is that? Cause Delmar says so!

Coach Taylor is a fine coach. He has some good assistants too. Coach Thacker is gonna make a heck of a coach. I'm no Whitwell fan, but they have assembled a good staff.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well out here on the mountain we know all about that Taylor guy. Ya'll can have em. Don't know nuttin bout no Hacker guy. Is he the one they done got from Jasper? If he is cant be much to him. Dont recollect ever hearing his name. Some of them good Jasper players you know their name but cant place him. Like Gramps use to say you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear. That means it dont matter who be coaching them tigers they still Whutwull and they still are in the Great Valley and they still aint no good. My yeller jackets win this one by a bunch.

I think that these teams are basically miror images of each other. Both are middle of the road teams with similar veer offenses and 4-4 and 4-3 defenses. They have basically swapped coaches since Taylor was at Grundy for awhile and Montgomery was at Whitwell before he left. I think the game is a toss-up and depends on who gets the most breaks. I give the edge to Whitwell in this one as he and his staff seemed to have the ball rolling in the right direction no matter the number of wins or losses. Whitwell 21-14

Well shoot my monkey. Ole Delmar spends a few months in the company of Sheriff Shoupe up in Sparta and now these Whutwull folks have done gone and got themselfs a football team. I reckon all that early practice sessions last year before the season started actually payed off. Cousin Cleatus always says cheaters dont win but i'm guessin he must be wrong bout that. I heared from a buddy of mine that them people at Whutwull done hired more of them boys from Jasper to coach their team. Guess if you cant beat em, hire em. Trouble is them boys at Jasper dont know nothin about football neither. One thangs for sure tho. Them boys at Whutwull dont need to be gettin farred up over one win. My yeller jackets are not gonna be as easy as them academy boys from Scottsboro. This game wont even be close cause no team from the Great Valley can hold a candle to my beloved Coalmont Coalition. My perdiction is Grundy 68 - Jasper coached Tigers 6. Why is that? Cause Delmar says so!

Sorry about your monkey. This is funny. Would you go to the McMinn-Oliver Spring thread and make a pick? LOL

Well out here on the mountain we know all about that Taylor guy. Ya'll can have em. Don't know nuttin bout no Hacker guy. Is he the one they done got from Jasper? If he is cant be much to him. Dont recollect ever hearing his name. Some of them good Jasper players you know their name but cant place him. Like Gramps use to say you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear. That means it dont matter who be coaching them tigers they still Whutwull and they still are in the Great Valley and they still aint no good. My yeller jackets win this one by a bunch.

now delmar ...........thacker was a legend just ask him!

Go Tigers, if Delmer Odonnell has fathered anyone on the team at grundy they will have a hard time understanding the plays. I think TimTaylorsTigers have the advantage but not due to his Jasper assistants forcing new hire teachers to serve as asst coaches can't be a good gameplan.

Whitwell 25

Grundy 19 unless Colquitt coaches. then 31

Go Tigers, if Delmer Odonnell has fathered anyone on the team at grundy they will have a hard time understanding the plays. I think TimTaylorsTigers have the advantage but not due to his Jasper assistants forcing new hire teachers to serve as asst coaches can't be a good gameplan.

Whitwell 25

Grundy 19 unless Colquitt coaches. then 31

KC couldn't produce at Grundy when he was the head coach why would he now?