2003 top 10 Midstate Teams

GaryKnows

Guest CourtTechnician

"Billy May was the only good player on that team." People like you, make me laugh at how ridiculous you sound. Honestly, just look at what you wrote and evaluate your remarks. I can't believe you even had the courage to write something like that. I'll commend that effort, but its pathetic to see someone like you make a pitiful comment like that. Your probably somebody who hated the fact that Father Ryan was good all the way around last year. And the fact that they won state makes it that much worse. Writing something like that helps you think your getting attention. But just like in real life for you, nobody listens and nobody cares.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who ever the guy was he is very wrong. father ryan was a very great team without billy. he could not have beaten whitescreek by his self, it was a team concept and they also have the ring to prove it so until we as aaa teams can produce a ring father ryan can bost and say been on the mountain top and was named king. It was just my opponion that this year the two games with mcgavock will be losses for them but if i am wrong then I'll eat crow but i dont think so and maplewood tried to get a game with them but they said no can do.

I think McGavock will win the two games, but I don't believe that the games are going to be blowouts. I think that it'll be two good games. It would be interesting to watch two different styles of basketball head to head. Everyones says how Division II teams have nothing on AAA teams this game will prove how true that statement is.

father ryan last year played whites creek and won. i don't know where you get "scared to play father ryan comes from". you guys blew out whites creek. congrats but lets state the facts. there was once upon a time when father ryan was in the same district as the creek even MBA. we played you guys and destroyed you guys(no one in the city could come close to beating us in the late 80's early 90's in hoops) NO PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SPLIT. one W ove the Creek doesn't make you a powerhouse all of a sudden. Whites Creek destroyed all father ryan teams in basketball while i was there. we even won a few wrestling matches(adrian norfleet defeated one of father ryans top wrestlers for a the state title) your best sport. we schedule father ryan every yr in football(haven't checked this yr) since you state the facts please state them correctly. whites creek is not scared to play ANYBODY IN ANYSPORT MY FRIEND!!!

And by the way MY EDUCATION AT WHITES CREEK WAS AS GOOD AS ANY AT FATHER RYAN and i didn't have to pay a dime.

• 2 weeks later...

to add to what i was trying to tell you ryan is a good team but if they had to play all the aaa teams in 12aaa day in and day out i may see a 500 season. yes they were good and always have been but to fight for your life almost every game week in and out i dont see that many titles or even to many state runs but that's just my opponion.

I agree with gbaby on the rankings. I think McGavock has got to be the favorite to win in Nashville. I do not know much about the midstate in general, but I know McGavock has almost everyone back on a team that was the runner-up in the 12AAA tournament last year. Antioch will be very hard to beat , also. Glencliff, hmm, I am unsure of. Whites Creek will always be good, as long as Nollner stays there. I also think that Stratford will be good by tournament time and maybe even Hunters Lane.

Father Ryan would probably be a decent team in AAA..I doubt they would win state title after state title but they would be really competitive and would win some games..I'm pretty sure they would be over .500. Give them some credit, they're just taking advantage of the level that they're in, its prolly more suited for them than AAA. They dont neccessarily have the players to compete on that level but they have the coaching that could take them to state every year in AAA. Their Program is very, very soild and every kid understands what it takes to play on that team..But naturally Whites Creek, Maplewood, Strateford, Hunters Lane...teams like that would have good games with Ryan because all of those are good Programs and have nice tradition so its not like Ryan would lay down to Those teams.