Region 4-5a SURVIVOR

MOJO11

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never done one of these so no clue how long it will last. Thanks for doing it though.

We can go 8 weeks and if there is still people left then let them pick from the 8 teams during the last 2 weeks. I think it might be better to do a bye for everyone during the fall break since there will only be WC and Lebanon to pick from that week (I haven't checked the schedule, they may play each other that week), and if there are still people left after week 9 they get the whole pool of teams in week 10.

So options are:

a. 2 bye picks

b. 1 bye pick and no picks in week 7 (fall break)

c. No picks week 7 and restart with all teams in week 10 through playoffs

d. Restart with all teams in Week 9 (danger danger will robinson in week 7)

e. Don't sweat it, this is going to be over before week 7.

Any other options?

This region is nuts to begin with, just look at last week (huda thunk it). The fall break week (7) is a given...has to be....and i like the additional bye idea. I just wish I would have thought about it while posting the rules. But I can't make up as I go so we will re-evaluate in week 5 but make the FALL BREAK BYE a must. I think all will agree with week 7.

By the way.....ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY 7:00PM (friday). ANY ENTRIES 7:01 OR AFTER ARE INVALID. The coach "T" clock will be the standard. If by chance there is a thursday night game ALL PICKS MUST BE IN BEFORE KICK-OFF prior to that Thursday game.

RULES:

You can only pick one 4-5a team each week. You can not pick the same team twice. If the team you select loses you are OUT of the contest. Only people that participate THIS WEEK may continue to pick for the up and coming weeks.

I will post the winners each Sunday. Good Luck!

REGION 4-5a:

BLACKMAN

LAVERGNE

LEBANON

OAKLAND

RIVERDALE

SIEGEL

SMYRNA

WILSON CENTRAL

RIVERDALE

......But I can't make up as I go so we will re-evaluate in week 5 but make the FALL BREAK BYE a must. I think all will agree with week 7.

I think you should have the vote next week, to be used in week 3 and beyond so that everyone knows how the game is going to be played for stratifigication purposes (learned that word from George W. Bush). Or if you don't want to deal with a vote, just make an executive decision on which one since it is your thread. Just trying to give some ideas but it should be decided ASAP IMHO.

Another option:

f. Leave week 7 in, survivors can pick a Rutherford County team to win that has a bye (automatic survivor for another week), all the teams back in the pool in week 9. Leave the other bye week in for WC (Week 3). That is you can pick WC in week 3 and automatic survivor.

BTW Lebanon and WC do play week 7.

I think you should have the vote next week, to be used in week 3 and beyond so that everyone knows how the game is going to be played for stratifigication purposes (learned that word from George W. Bush). Or if you don't want to deal with a vote, just make an executive decision on which one since it is your thread. Just trying to give some ideas but it should be decided ASAP IMHO.

Another option:

f. Leave week 7 in, survivors can pick a Rutherford County team to win that has a bye (automatic survivor for another week), all the teams back in the pool in week 9. Leave the other bye week in for WC (Week 3). That is you can pick WC in week 3 and automatic survivor.

BTW Lebanon and WC do play week 7.

AGREED: We will put it to a vote next Monday but only the ones that are "SURVIVORS" may vote. I would suggest that we pick games from only ONE region to substitute for week 7 and add teams Lebanon and Wilson Central. BUT after week 7 that chosen additional region be invalid and back to only region 4-5a (make any sense?). If we do this formula than I beleive we should have 0 bye's.....its easier to keep track of.

what do you think?

SURVIVOR 1ST ROUND RESULTS

STILL ALIVE:

1) FIRST AND GOAL...................LAVERGNE

2) SWEEP LEFT..........................OAKLAND

3) HIGHSCHOOL LEGEND...........RIVERDALE

4) WCFAN09.............................WILSON CENTRAL

5) MOJO11...............................RIVERDALE

6) 2PRICELESS........................OAKLAND

7) DOGDAD.............................OAKLAND

8) CROACH..............................SIEGEL

9) SOPH1025...........................OAKLAND

10) 5AFOOTBALL FAN...............RIVERDALE

11) WARRIORDAWG.................OAKLAND

12) MADGRAYPAINTER..............BLACKMAN

13) BACILLUM..........................LEBANON

14) FREDSAMUEL......................LAVERGNE

15) BUCKETHEAD.....................SIEGEL

16) IRISH4..............................OAKLAND

17) WCFINNEST09...................BLACKMAN

18) STARRAIDER.....................LAVERGNE

19) THNUTZ17.........................LAVERGNE

20) HICOTTON........................RIVERDALE

21) BUGABOO........................WILSON CENTRAL

22) AIRBALL...........................LAVERGNE

-------------------------------------------------------------

NON SURVIVOR (OUT OF THE RUNNING)

GARYFEW...............................SMYRNA

Hate to point this out b/c it will kick off one of my Oakland buddies, but Lebanon did not win Friday night. They led 17-0 at the half and allowed Gallatin to score 33 2nd half points to edge them out. The final score was 33-30.

Sorry bacillum.....

I know it man! What is this all about? I done been forgotten in two contest /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />