Dyersburg at Haywood week 2

Trojan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word to Dyersburg fans..If you don`t beat Haywood handily then you need to reassess your season.

First off I`m gonna disagree with an earlier poster that said JCM is horrible. Considering the fact that JCM is close to becoming a 2A school next year (for sure 3A) and the fact that they had no head coach until after fall practice started. And the fact they had no structured offseason weight program. And the fact that they had no spring practice...I think JCM has done very well so far all things considered. But here`s my point...Haywood was indeed lucky to win their game at the Rock. Two gift fumbled punts at the 10 yard line accounted for Haywoods regulation scoring. The Cougars held Haywood to 111 total yards.

I`m not trying to bash the Tomcats. They are a young team this year. But if the D`burg/Haywood score is close then the Trojans shouldn`t be concerned with region championships unless the region has just totally gone South. Coming from someone that holds chains at JCM games and was on the Haywood sidelines I can tell you for a fact the Haywood was exhausted by the 4th quarter of that game. There`s no doubt in my mind that it played a factor in JCM`s two late TD`s to tie the game.

Haywood does have a pretty good kicker. They never hesitated to bring him on in their first drive of the game to attempt a 45 yarder.

If Dyersburg is any good at all they should win this game easily.

Not to much longer and all the questions will be answered.....one thing for sure the TROJANS have come along way this year in strength training, endurance, conditioning and HEART the respect that these young men have for the game and their coaches is an awesome thing to witness, they are full of pride and tradition, values and morals. They will leave it all on the field tomorrow night for the love and respect of their coaches and the game. Go TROJANS /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> No matter what the out come they will know they have given it everything they have.....TOGETHER WE ATTACK!!!! GET THE EDGE!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Cant wait till tomorrow night...DHS / Haywood is always a who wants it most game..

one of the best games anyone will see in West Tn any year .."Whoop it up" Trojan fans

we may be young but NO ONE KNOWS THE "HEART" these young men will put forth in all games this year..one play at a time !!

"TOGETHER WE ATTACK"..GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

No1 giving haywood a chance, its all good tho cuz we are always the underdogs.

WHERE have the Haywood posters been this year..no one but you has responced on any of the prior posts about the Tomcats..waiting to see the great Haywood qb you talked about during pre-school scrimmages..hows he been doing this year as i havent read/ heard anything about him

I expect nothing less than all DHS / Haywood games have been the last 20+ years

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haywood 6 Dyersburg 3

You just had to know this was gonna be some good watchin' ! The Trojans will step it up next week. No doubt the "Coaches Counce" will have 'em ready ! Tough loss............especially when neither team scores a touchdown ! If you're a "defensive fan" , this had to be your kind of ball game. Mistakes & "muffed punts" were critical. I got D'burg bouncin' back next Friday, It killed my soul with both teams being "away" this week. Only in town for 3 or 4 days made this deal a "gotta stay home situation" for me. I had two radios goin though so "it's all good" !!!!!!!!

GOOO CHOCTAWS & GOOO TROJANS !

Choctaws turned the corner & The Trojans will "bounce back" !

Word to Dyersburg fans..If you don`t beat Haywood handily then you need to reassess your season.

First off I`m gonna disagree with an earlier poster that said JCM is horrible. Considering the fact that JCM is close to becoming a 2A school next year (for sure 3A) and the fact that they had no head coach until after fall practice started. And the fact they had no structured offseason weight program. And the fact that they had no spring practice...I think JCM has done very well so far all things considered. But here`s my point...Haywood was indeed lucky to win their game at the Rock. Two gift fumbled punts at the 10 yard line accounted for Haywoods regulation scoring. The Cougars held Haywood to 111 total yards.

I`m not trying to bash the Tomcats. They are a young team this year. But if the D`burg/Haywood score is close then the Trojans shouldn`t be concerned with region championships unless the region has just totally gone South. Coming from someone that holds chains at JCM games and was on the Haywood sidelines I can tell you for a fact the Haywood was exhausted by the 4th quarter of that game. There`s no doubt in my mind that it played a factor in JCM`s two late TD`s to tie the game.

Haywood does have a pretty good kicker. They never hesitated to bring him on in their first drive of the game to attempt a 45 yarder.

If Dyersburg is any good at all they should win this game easily.

That's a very good assesment. I saw the Haywood/JCM game and I was not impressed at all with Haywood. Then I saw Jackson SS just man handle JCM. To hear people on here Dburg is the most well conditioned team in the history of highschool football....something doesn't jive here because you are right Haywood was spent late against JCM....seems if Dburg was really that well conditioned they would have been able to pull out a win late...The scores are in and we all know that didn't happen. I havn't seen Dburg but you are right on point in your post!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I think the Dburg faithful are so rabid that perhaps their judgment is clouded a bit...just my opinion. The score speaks for itself. Time for the Monday morning QB's to start making excuses.

That's a very good assesment. I saw the Haywood/JCM game and I was not impressed at all with Haywood. Then I saw Jackson SS just man handle JCM. To hear people on here Dburg is the most well conditioned team in the history of highschool football....something doesn't jive here because you are right Haywood was spent late against JCM....seems if Dburg was really that well conditioned they would have been able to pull out a win late...The scores are in and we all know that didn't happen. I havn't seen Dburg but you are right on point in your post!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I think the Dburg faithful are so rabid that perhaps their judgment is clouded a bit...just my opinion. The score speaks for itself. Time for the Monday morning QB's to start making excuses.

hey yankees, no excuses..1ST.. CONGRATS TO HAYWOOD ON THE WIN .like '73 said mistakes, fumbles in the red zone,a muffed punt that would have put the Trojans in great field position hurt them, buit the"d" stepped up as they did all night save for one time till late in the game when Haywood's Grandberry set sail for a 50 yd gain to the red zone that turned into the 30 yd winning field goal..

Congrats to both teams for making this another classic DHS/ Haywood game as both these young teams who played their hearts out all night long..

yeah '73 THE Choctaws rebounded nicely with a 24-7 win over hard-nosed H-town Mustang team ..

now the Trojans need to rebound as they are now 0-1 in the region..looks like this region may be wide open this year as ive posted several times with all teams suffering from major losses due to graduation

2nD.. Yankees conditioniong doesnt guarantee wins, its for lesser sized players to be as strong physically as most teams DHS plays year in year out THE PLAYERS are there till the end which they were.

no excuses work harder on execution..."fumblititis" is a killer !!

Trojans we're with till the end good or bad .."TOGETHER WE ATTACK"

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will not hear any excuses here. The Trojans simply got outplayed by the Tomcats.The Black and Gold defensive effort was simply outstanding as anyone at the game will confirm, but the offense simply needs alot of work.Make no mistake about it as '73" and many others will tell you, I call it the way I see it. Yes, I am a big fan of Trojan football, but the truth is the truth and tonight too many mistakes cost Dyersburg a victory.

Honestly I really didn't think Haywood was very good. A mediocre defense and a mediocre offense, which begs the question - just how good are the Trojans? Tonight not very good. The biggest positive when the game was over is the fact Dyersburg is solid as a rock defensively, but has a long, long way to go offensively. While it would be easy to point fingers at certain individuals for their lackluster play, you win as a team and lose as one too, so no stones here. A loss is a loss and now the Trojans have one. As far as I know nobody ever predicted an undefeated season, but yes, the outcome of this one was indeed a shocker and there is plenty of work to be done.